1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever wish you were straight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hot Pink, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Would you rather be straight if it was possible?

1. Yes.

41 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No.

117 vote(s)
    51.8%
  3. Sometimes.

65 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I am freaking straight!

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. ameliawesome

2. Mango

God Yes! That would mean that I could have meaningful, lucrative, and gainful employment!

Other than that...No!

3. Aeon Magus

4. Rinto

Rinto Guest

Sometimes, I feel like rejecting my bisexuality. I stand out among the rest for not having crushes that can be as common as theirs. I can't go as I please since it will cause confusion and may later result to issues. Most of all, defining a definite ground for my personality becomes just as hard as finding myself among others in a crowd.

All of these bother me. But I still do feel proud about being bisexual. Like one person on this forum said, "we see things in a shade of gray rather than shades of white and black". It's quite fun for people guessing who I really am. And it makes me glad I could see through people's intention to be my friends.

5. Akatosh

I think I should have wrote in 'Often, Not always' on the ballot. When I find someone who means everything to me, I am sure I won't feel ashamed anymore, be it girl or boy. The dividing line of my sexuality changes with the wind, I swear. The line normally swings between 25-50% women, and corresponding amounts for men (75-50%). It switches with the season, I swear to Derp. Between November-April I am looking for a gf, and as soon as it gets hot outside, I'm looking for a bf. I had a big falling out with this girl I was seeing, and as a reaction, I immediately swung the other direction. She kept pushing me physically, wanting it all the first night, then throwing a fit when I told her I wouldn't have sex with her. Cross me, and I will probably not talk to you for a long time, and I'm not easy to cross.

6. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No. In the beginning of accepting myself, I guess I did... and way before that, when I was in deep denial, I really, really did... but not anymore.

7. Megan3

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not anymore, but I wish it wasn't such a scary thing to deal with. Does that make sense? When I finally let myself accept who I am, I was finally able to understand a lot of things about myself that had been confusing for so long. But showing others who I am and opening myself to their reactions is terrifying.

So, no. I don't with I were straight. I do wish being gay or bi or anything different from the "norm" wasn't so scary.

8. AllSmiles

Absolutely not. I totally love how my life is right now and I'm completely sure that it wouldn't have turned out this way if I was straight :wink:

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay so I know this thread is very old but.. Yes sometimes I do wish I was straight.. only because being with a guy is alot less frowned upon. But when I get crushes on women i'm like ''How could you wish you were straight?'' Because the way some girls make me feel is like heaven on earth. I would not change myself.. Sure there are days I get sick of being different but I also love who I am. Plus.. there are so many great things about girl+girl relationships.. The emotional bond is definitely my favourite. :slight_smile:

#49 ChloeKiss, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

When I had internalized homophobia: Yes, I did.

I still haven't fully accepted myself, but I wouldn't want to be straight now. That would mean I'd have to touch penis and that's just gross :frowning2:
    (No offense meant to anybody who has one)

11. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not really. Male genitals weird me out. And yes, it would have made life and growing up easier for me, but the struggle with myself has made me who I am and I wouldn't want to change that.

What I really wish is that I had a better education about these things when I was younger, and that I didn't have to learn what homosexuality was through looking up the meanings of insults that I heard at school.

I don't want to be straight any more though. I used to wish I was, but not any more.

12. thekillingmoon

Sometimes, like when I'm watching a movie and there's a cute straight couple and it makes me wonder what it would be like to be straight and in a relationship with a guy and how different my life would be. I can't imagine it though. I feel like I would be missing out if I was straight. Women are cute. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not anymore. Ever since I stopped devaluing queerness, I've loved myself more.

What I do wish is for when queer people will never have to go through valuing straights more and self-hatred coming from that.

14. TheFSM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I wish i would be straight and cis. just because it would be easier.... I guess i can pass as cis, but i don't like it....

15. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I wish more that I had a traditional binary gender.

16. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I voted for wish I was straight.

Life would have been easier that way.

17. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sometimes.

Seeing as I tried to hard to act and feel heterosexual, and then realized that even after all that hard work I wasn't going to get what was rightfully mine (heterosexuality), I continue to be angry with myself.

---------- Post added 31st May 2014 at 10:05 AM ----------

I sometimes feel like I might be missing out on guys, seeing as everyone seems to love them so much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I totally get why people think guys are sexy, but I can't feel it. Ever. At all.

18. Ohhai

Right now I do. I accepted I was gay, told my family I was gay, started being happy as a gay woman. Now I'm in love with a man, and I'm dating him and my head is a mess.

19. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I admitted to myself I was bi I wished I didn't like men. Denials a bitch. but now that I've admitted it to myself and made a few steps out of the closet I kinda wish I was just gay. There's no neutral gender with me, and it's confusing. And going through a divorce with a kid, being bi leaves room for doubt and confusion in my own mind about why we couldn't make it work,, whether I just didn't want to but wouldn't admit it. I don't think that's true but when you miss your baby and the only thing keeping you from seeing her every day is lying about who you are and "getting right with god", it's easy to blame yourself.