1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you call yourself or other gay people "faggot"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TENNYSON, Apr 29, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

In my neck of the woods.......gay people use "faggot" as a bad name.
    Pretty much around here, it means a self righteous, self absorbed, shallow, egotistical, prissy, stuck up, piece of shit.

Other people who aren't gay use it if you are a flaming queen or dress really nelly.

But a gay using it to describe another gay, well.......it's not good.

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been called the Spanish equivolent of it("maricon, mariquita) by many even before I knew I was gay/bi. Even though I should be desentized and maybe not attribute that word to them actually knowing, that word infuriates me like hell anyway.
    I was always a sensitive guy, and crying was condemned with a slap. I use fag as a form of self-inflicted verbal violence when I get emotional over anything or feel pathethic. It is too horrible to use on another person so I never do.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. As a joke I'll insult my friends and use every other gay slur I know of, but I won't use that one.

4. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use it in jest, rather than as an insult, and never targeted at a specific person. It's the same when I call myself a "Goy" (as in, a non-jew/gentile), or how some friends call me a "n*gnog" for being "slightly darker skinned" than they are.

It's all in good fun, but stays in our inner circle as inside jokes.

5. mindthegap

I am not native english speaker so I don't use it but I never used it in London either. When translated to our language it is used in conversation as someťhing hurtful and homophobic.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely use that word in public. Although it's amusing how much power it holds over some people. If you play your cards right, you can get one person with a high school mentality to act as a "deflector" and argue on your behalf with an offending party. Sometimes all it takes is something along the lines of "*target's name* says you're a faggot!" Two birds, one stone.

7. candyjiru

No... I don't like using slurs even as a "reclaiming" thing... I'd rather say nice things~~

8. the haunted

Only with my gay friends. And only if they don't mind.
    It's always in good humor. I never say it to hurt someone's feelings.

I don't really say it around straight people because I don't want them to think it's okay.

9. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I use it all the time but in a non-sexual way. You call someone a faggot cause they're bejng a faggot... Grew up with the word and it never was meant as a derogatory slur then. So I continue to use it in that way and don't see anything wrong with it. Words are words, can't be afraid of them! Louis ck has a great bit about this subject. Too lazy to post a link.

10. -Lana-

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This girl who I adore always calls me it cuz she knows about me but we normally make a joke about it. I don't in particularly mind because it's her and we have a kind of workinh power inbalance relationship (we're not even friends really, she's a user and is pretty much heteroflexible - nothing goes on between us sexual-wise.) but she's very aggressive and fairly violent and it's kind of a non sexual sub/dom relationship.

11. MetalRice

I know some people who do, but I don't.

12. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have used several times a derivative of that word in the sentence "What is this faggotry?" as a way to express extreme dissatisfaction with a situation or actions of someone else. Each time I said it in public loudly with the intent to shock and humiliate. Because I meant it.

Besides that I don't remember when was the last time I used the word "faggot" or a synonym of it with respect to someone else. I was called such words in primary school, so I don't use them as all. I have better words for the people I intend to insult.

13. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I dislike queer for being a loaded word, then it would be a major double standard if I didn't dislike using the word faggot for the same reason! I seldom use it- I have plenty of other curse words in my lexicon, anyways. I don't particularly care if it's being used in a joking way, but it's pretty rare for me to use it as an insult (and this is coming from a guy who says fuck about every 5 seconds).

14. tulipinacup

I am very selective with who I use that word with. Like what Chip said, I call myself a fag and to some of my friends in a joking manner.

15. AKTodd

Never use the word. Someone using it in my presence probably won't be in that situation ever again as they aren't worth my time. Someone directing it at me may find the results extremely unpleasant.

Todd

16. Lazuri

I'll use it with people whom I'm close with who knows I mean nothing by the word and only use it for comedic effect. Takes the edge out of it.

17. HugasaurusRex

Never have or would use it, even when I get angry. I much prefer to just call someone a tosser when they annoy me.
    I have had people use it towards me, but then I just laugh as an image of a Faggot comes into my head, which here in the UK is traditionally pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together.

18. Abdadhie

No, to me its a hate word, used by people who hate people like me (us). I stay clear of all of that kind of stuff tbh.

19. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never say that or use that word because it's mostly seen as offensive or rude.