1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Believe In The Illuminati?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, May 17, 2015.

1. HugasaurusRex

There is always some truth to myth. Look at Jesus for example...He as it is told does not exists, but the myth would have had to have come from somewhere. Though for me I would love it to be some drunk guy.

2. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, if anything it is just one of many fairy-tales created by people to convince themselves that things happen for a reason which makes the world more palatable to them. As much as people hate the idea of some elitist hegemonic group controlling everything, they seem to hate the idea of pure chaos even more. But frankly we live in a chaotic world devoid of reason. People are immensely fallible creatures who do the most ridiculous and stupid things at times. As such the world is filled with many a thing going quite wrong, but rather than seeing the world for what it is, people create some imaginary force to put reason behind all the things going wrong.

Every murdering fanatic is secretly an agent of some clandestine secret society, every power hungry politician is simply a puppet and every major action is carefully planned and measured to turn out just as some unknown power brokers desire. Such theories attribute humanity far too much control over the affairs of the world than they truly have. The Illuminati are a nice plot device for a movie or book looking for intrigue and adventure. But as an explanation of the goings on of the world it is nothing more than fanciful thinking to try and rationalize that every terrible action has some purpose behind it. It is much easier mentally for most people to hate some secret faceless power hungry oppressor than it is to hate the inhuman workings of fate. But nonetheless, people are purpose seeking animals so they will always be trying to come up with reasons "why" even where no reason exists so such conspiracy theories will likely persist.

/rant

3. Psaurus918

No. It bothers me every time a celebrity dies people start talking about the illuminati or that person isn't really dead... People die, celebrities are people.

What makes me even more mad is if you don't listen or believe conspiracy theorists you're a sheep and "drinking the koolaid" just because someone doesn't think there is some underlying message or massive cover ups doesn't mean that person doesn't think for themselves.

#43 Psaurus918, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015