1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in god, even after what religion says about us?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by catgoturtongue, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Confuzzled89

Confuzzled89 Guest

Christian and proud of it! <3 He chose to make me in this unique and beautiful way

2. Steak is food

Out Status:
    Some people
    You need a good, long session on Wikipedia.

3. Mysz

Not any specific religion, but I still do. Hasn't anyone seen God's Facebook page? The Lord constantly makes statuses about how he loves his lgbt babies.

4. Steak is food

Out Status:
    Some people
    I really hope you are being sarcastic.......

5. Mysz

Sarcastic about what? There is a facebook page by God. Absolutely legit. The page, at least. The creator of it... Whether you believe he's just a man or the lord, it doesn't matter; he gets lots of support for equal rights causes, not just LGBT ones.

6. Level G

Eh, somewhat. After my stint with being LDS (if you consider 5 years a stint), I'm more spiritual than religious. I feel that some divine being/entity/force doesn't need me to worship him on a given day of the week, I could just exemplify his existence in my own, as a testament to his divinity, if that makes sense.

7. metalgrrl

I used to be christian... I don't doubt in christianity, but it wasn't for me... zero tolerance for anyone who didn't fit the norm... I'm pagan now and it's a wayyy better fit :slight_smile:

8. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm kinda weird about this, my family is Christian, Methodist specifically. I believe in God and Jesus, but I don't believe in the principles people always tag along. I still like the whole "Be good to others" and stuff, but not the overreaching things, like "Never lie"; or "You have to sell all your belongings to get into heaven". And I don't believe things people decided to tag onto Christianity that aren't mentioned in the Bible.

9. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe the basis on which religion is rooted was a good one and that people just twisted it to fit their own doctrine so to answer your question yes but I feel as if organized religion isn't for me.

10. SilverGirl

uhhh...what? is that some kind of analogy or something?

11. kingdominth4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ditto, I'm sick of it too.

12. toushirojaylee

I do believe in God & reincarnation. 0_0

13. Rec

Rec

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thought it was BS before, during and especially after I had come to terms with my sexuality.

14. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I'm a Catholic and I do believe in God. I was probably going to end up judged and going to hell anyways since I wasn't the nicest person in high school so meh.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do believe in God but not about the stuff written in the bible I'm kind of questioning it now :confused:

16. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in God. I also believe that people are misinterpreting the Bible to use it as a weapon. People also are not looking at the passages written in the lenses of the day, but instead in the lenses of the modern day. This can lead to very, very different interpretations, people just need to take the time to actually look and study the verses instead of just using them as a weapon for pain or hurt.

17. treeofleaves

its not just that he says homosexuality is an abomination, but there is so many other silly things the bible says that i dont agree with..even though im supposedly christian

18. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no religious beliefs. Whilst I'd lurve there to be a God so I can give him a bitch slap for letting the world get so screwed up, my path of logic leads me to the conclusion that there is no God, Gods or whatever. I have no issue with people who do believe in God, and I even listen primarily to Christian Church music (one of the best things to come out of religion in my opinion). As long as people don't try and convert others (either way, to or from religion) I'm fine with it. Let people decide what the truth is for themselves. I'm sure that if there is a God, he'd only be worth worshipping if he lets people come to him of their own accord, not because believers have forced them by brainwashing, fear or indoctrination.

19. PurpleGrey

I do believe in God. Yes, people interpret the Bible in all sorts of hateful ways, but Jesus didn't even mention homosexuality, and He did tell us to love our neighbors and our enemies. Those who hate us, or anyone for that matter, are not good Christians. You can't pick and choose. I think people just fabricate reasons to justify their hate because we're "icky".

20. AaronMed

I don't believe in God, but that has little to do with me being gay. It more has to do with the fact that I'm heavily into science, and the existence of God doesn't make logical sense.

That's not to say I'm not spiritual though. I do believe that something happens to the mind after you die, and I don't think it's oblivion. Perhaps it has something to do with Orch-OR.