1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do others here feel they are meant to be alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Apr 8, 2015.

1. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    copy and paste...
    same story here :eusa_clap

2. ms24601

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes and no.

Yes, because I've always been a loner and never liked socializing, at first it was due to the fact that I'm shy and introverted, but also because with time I've felt that people exhaust me. I worked with sales for a while, sometimes I'd do 10-12 hour shifts and at the end of the day I didn't feel physically tired, but emotionally I was exhausted and just wanted to be left alone. And of course there is the fact that I'm closeted so in order to be in a relationship I'd either have to hide it, which is not something I'd be comfortable with at all, or come out, which is something I can't see myself doing at the moment for a number of reasons.

Although I do enjoy being alone most of the time and don't have a problem with it, like most people, there are times when I do crave love, intimacy and all that so, even though I am not actively searching for someone, I am open to the possibility of a relationship and if I had strong feelings toward that person I'd be willing to come out to be with them.

3. kem

kem

No, not really. I'm not in a relationship right now, nor am I actively searching for one. I mean yeah, I'm on a couple of dating sites, but I'm just swinging it, trying to meet new people.
    Even though I'm not romantically involved with anyone, I go out and spend a lot of time with friends, and I have a lot of them. I rarely feel alone.

Of course I want to eventually have a meaningful, long-lasting relationship (also I want lots of kids), but why worry about it? I'm a complete person as I am! Although, I admit, sometimes I feel I have some openings that could use filling.

It'll happen when it'll happen.

4. The Wallflower

Absolutely. I believe I need to be in a relationship now more than ever because in real life, nobody understands me. I just want someone to be able to hug when I feel sad. Someone that gets what I'm going through.

Unfortunately the fact that I want a relationship so badly just shows how unready I am for one. My friends tell me this themselves. I don't know if I'll ever be in a relationship, tbh. I really want one, but I don't think anyone would see me as a really dateable person.

5. C P

C P

Wow...didn't expect this thread to really blow up like it has(once I think it's over, boom, someone else is back with their own take).

It's nice to read through and see some similar mindsets either way.

So does that mean I am ready for one?

Nehh.

6. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    If I had enough money to live on and never see any other people ever again, I would love to live in a cabin in the middle of 30 or 40 thousand acres in the mountains, be totally off the grid, spend my days shopping on the internet and drive into town once a month to get the stuff I bought.
    I would be the long haired old unshaven crazy mountain guy with no teeth that everyone was afraid of when I drove down in my Escalade to pick up my packages from Fredricks and restock my booze and pork rind supply.
    I would have blow up sex dolls all over my yard that I would name and have conversations with. The small furry animals would be my friends, I would feed them Peanuts.

or not.

7. Beebop

Beebop Guest

I've thought about this ever since I was a very small child. My life experiences continue to validate this premise. Being single for prolonged periods tends to net fairly harsh judgement from others and I've often been criticized about my loner lifestyle. So far my romantic pursuits have been largely unsuccessful. I suppose it has been easier to be alone. I will keep trying to meet someone worthwhile, but I'm firmly based in reality and it's just not looking that promising. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. It is what it is. I figure if I can surround myself with a few close friends, life will be ok.

8. gorillabrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether I am meant to be alone or not, I very much prefer it that way as its easier for me and saves someone else having to try and understand my way's... Plus I do not long for it, But I will say once in a blue moon I do wish I had someone there to curl up with ( May just buy a blow up doll come to think of it... ) ...

9. Theo Weiss

Yes. I am alone and no one cares very much. I hate it with every bit of my existence, but there isn't much I can really do, people just don't like me. End of story.

10. Joelouis

Errm, Well, I totally agree with the first half!

11. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that The Wallflower's post describes me pretty well is a bit saddening... so yes, I do feel that while I'm told a lot of times that I'm supposedly so mature for my age but this kind of maturity is definitely not included in that. What I really need is someone to sit down with and kick ass in a video game together, or go for hike, or something like that. Everything has become boring and useless to me because it's by myself. But at the same time, everything I do is so... out there that noone would even know what the hell the things are that I'm into. So these days I envy the kind of people you are one of, C P. And also 100% completely asexual people as well. You're free from this problem and maybe I should make an effort to realise that what I'm doing is really holding me back at pursuing my other dreams, which actually make sense and there's less of a randomness factor to them (like making my own video game, or becoming a good composer)

And I really am immature for relationships anyway because part of my mind is the kid who never had a friend past the first year of kindergarten really... so even there, back in the past I still have incomplete things in my life. To just have that kind of fun with someone.
    I've also been contemplating just making an imaginary friend, or something because 99% of my day I wish I could share that situation with someone (and I don't mean the social websites-kind of way, but rather with someone who actually cares), the thing is I'd be too sceptical about it knowing that... the thing inside my head is not real and isn't making up its own thoughts. (Well then it would be real enough to me)

#71 Brandiac, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  12. itsmary

Yes. But hey, trying to be positive

13. HugasaurusRex

I do not feel I am meant to be alone no. I could have been in a relationship already if I wanted to be. But I need and want (as selfish as this may seem) to sort myself out and work out who I am 100% before I get into a relationship. I think that if someone gets into a relationship before they truly know who they are, or at least understand what it is they are looking for in life, that the relationship will mould them into the person they do not want to be. Or to put it differently, the relationship will mould them to fit the other person rather than two people working in harmony. I have already been there and it was not good at all.

So for me, at the moment I choose to be alone as I do not feel complete enough in myself to find someone. And it would not be fair on the other person to aid me in finding me.

14. Shooni

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've asked my friends similar questions before. On my bad days, I'd curl up and come to the conclusion that no one would ever want me (though that may be down to having a cripplingly low self esteem...). The idea of everyone is meant to have someone fascinates me. In that yes, there will be a person out in this world who matches me perfectly, someone with whom I can create a beautiful love with.

So no, I've never truly felt as if I am meant to be alone. I have an undying hope that out in this big scary world, someone is made with me in mind. I think everyone just needs a little reassurance from time to time, and to be told that they are worthy of love and being loved.

Of course, spending a life alone is entirely fine! If that's your preference, go for it. I'm far from a social butterfly. I can appreciate my own company. Though personally, I am searching for love, as I do believe everyone has that special someone out there~

15. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    if that's you in your picture, you are so incredibly beautiful, I have no idea why you would have low self esteem. I swear, if I was like 100 years younger, better looking, and lived 3000 miles closer,,,,, but Im not, and Im not and I don't,, and Im not a perv either so, lets just leave it at the compliment and having no clue where the esteem problem comes from.

16. Joelouis

You're only young and you've not seen much in the way of life yet, so, though it may be hard, try not to see everything in a negative light.

End of story? Yours has barely begun!

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

There's often a sad irony with good-looking people, though.

Yes, it's easy to say, "Oh, you look amazing, how can you not be with somebody?"

Well, that's the thing. All the assholes, looking only for a quick fuck or a trophy partner, show up and the good, genuine individuals get lost in the shuffle. By the time those good, genuine individuals have their chance, the good-looking person has become jaded and cynical... and can perceive even the most positive of intentions as having ulterior motives.

This may not be the case with Shooni here, but it is worth mentioning.

Just one of many observations and exploits I've accumulated over the years.

18. Shooni

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for adding that- I am definitely not one of those individuals.
    And yes, that's me in my profile picture. Thank you for the compliment, Bi in MD~

I've never had a relationship, and in my time at school I was bullied relentlessly, which led me down the path of self harm and depression, due to all the hatred I saw in my reflection. (it's hard to love yourself when you're covered in scars.). I truly do suffer a low self esteem, but I'm working on fixing that! Hence joining this website. :slight_smile:

I agree with you, Kaiser. It is worth mentioning.
    But I could never build a relationship on appearance alone.
    I'd refuse to date someone who was only ever interested in the way their partner looks- that's not right. Love is so much more than physical.
    And psh, I've yet to have my first kiss, let alone fuck anybody.
    That's a big step I'm far too shy to ever take. Not until I find the right person, whom I can trust entirely. Someone who has a beautiful heart, regardless of appearance.

:slight_smile:

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You're on the right path, then.

I'll echo what was said before. You look very lovely.

Keep in mind, most bullies torment others to bring them down a level, where they're beneath the bully. It's easier to bring someone down than to lift them up, and when the bully brings you down, they believe themselves to look/be better in comparison.

Never buckle to assholes like that. Take back your power, if it was stolen from you, and then keep your power.

This is coming from a former recovering bully; and I was damn good at what I did, unfortunately.

20. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    thats a good point. My problem is that I dont like to use people like that so I dont often think of it that way, and no, Im not suggesting you do either. I suspect you have been the victim of this type of asshole.
    When I said I would be tempted to meet her, I meant that I would if the situation and all variables were right, I would be very interested in finding out who she was and if she and I were compatible, then there would certainly be no barrier as far as looks go that would prevent any attempt at pursuing a relationship.
    I was thinking that if she was as beautiful inside as she is outside, she would without a doubt be very much worth a long term relationship.