1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do others here feel they are meant to be alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Joelouis

I keep myself too busy with work and most of my spare time is taken up with helping out at a small-holding. When I do have "me time", I like to spend it on my own.
    Not wanting to seem big-headed here, but I have had two propositions recently but I gave them the knock-back then regretted it almost instantly. Just why I do this, I've no idea.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think so. Back then, I considered a relationship to mean "having somebody next to me 24/7". But then it occurred to me that my parents' relationship is still exceptionally strong, and they quite often go off and do their own things. They have their own interests, and even (some) separate groups of friends. They occasionally even go on vacation alone, but then come back together. Once I realized that I could be in a relationship without sacrificing my "alone time", I decided that was the sort of relationship I wanted (and got).

Lex

3. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me...I don't want to be alone; I want to have kids and a spouse and a life. But I know that if I were alone, I couldn't hurt anyone. As it stands now, I'll probably marry a man and have kids. It's not like I won't care about him- it's just that the person I consider to be my true love is a girl; she's mine, but I'm not hers...
    So to answer the question, I don't know quite yet, but maybe.

4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on the verge of ending a 14 year relationship with my gf and mother of my children due to several probs (one being my desire to be "out"). I'm not ready to just go from the frying pan into the fire....and I DO wonder if I'm gonna end up dying alone or something. Being painfully shy and with little confidence or social skills, I feel am destined for it, as much as I wish it werent so.

5. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I do. I'm really bad at keeping people, and I shut everyone out. It's probably healthier for everyone involved for me to stay out of relationships and usually even friendships.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought this before I had a bf. Now, I have real hope. And if things don't work out with him, 40 is the new 30, so.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes.

8. White Knight

I don't know for certain. I don't feel it as it is some certain fact.

However I find idea of having a relationship pretty uninteresting if I have to put it lighty. There is still something charming about dream about having someone special. When I put it in realistic expectations... like in a relationship... all that charm flies away.

Each passing day entering a relationship feels like I would enslave myself to another's will. Thinking I have to do things to please them to make them happy somehow makes me furious.

9. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

"Meant" implies a predisposition that does not fit my perception of reality. I don't think anything outside our actions is "meant."

Also, no.

10. 404dotexe

One line that caught my attention "Being painfully shy and with little confidence or social skills"
    I can relate strongly there, I feel like I've felt a little better and happier now I've come out to myself and a few people tbh. My head has been all over the place, but at least now I feel emotions, I was practically an emotionless robot before.

11. C P

C P

The bolded, particularly the second. I've been alone thus far, don't need some other half to complete anything.

Just like it isn't meant for you to be some gif king, fool. :la:

It doesn't have to mean some kinda inescapable fate, but more like a line of thought you've given serious consideration to.

12. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Now that is something I can relate to. In that context my answer changes to yes, which doesn't mean I think or intend to be alone for the rest of my life. I will more than likely involve myself romantically with more people in the span of my lifetime (as in, I will actively pursue that) but that's as far as my "plan" goes.

To be honest, as I am right now I'm not even sure I wouldn't get bored of a relationship past [say] 4-5 years, so I have considered the scenario in which—while I'm open and willing to have more partners in the future—I may die alone. And that's fine. I'm completely fine with ultimately ending up by myself as I've always seen romantic relationships as a complement to my life instead of an essential part of it. I'm also fine with spending the rest of my life with someone (given the company is "appropriate"). I'm cool with it either way, so it will be whatever it ends up being. I don't see the benefit in taking a decision that will needlessly limit my options to one path when they don't have to be mutually exclusive; I can start going one way and eventually ending up on the other. Who knows. Whatever.

I got my new User Title.

#32 Rawrzilla, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  13. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, sometimes. I don't see anything wrong about being alone later in life.

14. Notlad

Sometimes I wonder. It takes me a while to warm up to people, let alone decide if I have feelings or not.

Plus, sometimes I mistake feelings of boredom with my life as legitimate romantic feelings when some people come around.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya especially because I'm seeing all these kissing threads.

16. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Yes and No.

I sometimes like being out with people and a couple of friends but that gets tiring real quick. At times it gets a bit annoying with the teasing and just friends being friends.

Most of the time I just go out on my own and enjoy the places on my own terms. I usually enjoy it a lot more than being with someone else.

On the other hand it gets lonely sometimes so having friends to hang out with is a bit pleasant. So having either in balance is okay for me. But I usually prefer being alone most of the time.

17. RainDreamer

Meant to be alone? Yeah, sometimes when I am in my depression period. But mostly I feel like I just want to be left alone.

18. Hyliana

Hyliana Guest

I kind of just put relationships that are anything beyond best friend to the back of my mind, mostly because my life is full of school and film projects right now.

So I guess I kind of feel like I'm meant to be alone, but I don't really feel upset about it or anything.

But maybe that'll change sometime down the road of life.

19. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to feel this way. Because of my mental illness, I feared I'd never meet someone special. Now I am comfortable being single, but optimistically looking forward to dating again. (I had one gf who also has mental illness). And, NO, our relationship wasn't complicated by that. Stigma, go away!

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Yes. I tried a relationship once and it just wasnt for me, I just like my own space to much.