1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I really need a social life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Oct 23, 2012.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Socialization isn't a necessity for survival. Theoretically you could get along on your own and make it just fine. (though it will likely be much more difficult this way) if you are honestly 100% satisfied with yourself as you are and the direction your life is heading in; whatever that may be, then no, you don't "need" a social life. The question for you to ask yourself is are you content going on this way, even at the cost of certain opprotunities and aspects of life you may or may not find some form of personal interest in passing you by because of it? Friendships and other relationships open all sorts of windows, new perspectives on things, and other benefits even in the workplace or other more serious environments. There are all kinds of practical advantages to having a wide variety of contacts in today's society even beyond givens like "having a good time with your close buddies." To me that's enough reason to want to be social in itself even subtracting all that other useful stuff. But if you can truthfully say you are comfortable without it all, and with yourself at the same time, then you may not need an extensive social life the way others do.

2. Suffocation

Really hard to help you, since I hate mostly everyone in my school.