1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone see the newest family guy episode?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Simple Thoughts, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Thunderlane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's remind me a Gravity falls episodes where people can marry woodpeckers. I-i just...

2. BelleFromHell

Stan Smith is just like my dad too! A gun-obsessed, right-winger with no respect towards the privacy of others and a huge chin.
    I also have a good friend who's a pansexual, and she ADORES Roger. :lol:
    I've always preferred American Dad to Family Guy, especially to new Family Guy episodes.
    I also like The Simpsons, Futurama and South Park more. I can't believe Futurama was canceled! :tears:

Anyways, I'm getting off the subject. I couldn't watch the episode because my mom set parental controls on my laptop and my tablet won't load the website. But I can tell from what I've read that it's pretty bad.
    Since WHEN does homosexuality compare to incest and pedophilla?! :tantrum:

3. Simple Thoughts

Roger's hilarious! Him and Steve are the main reason I even watch the show.

Stan's inability to acknowledge any opinion but his own...you forgot that one =p

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not surprised. I've never been able to stand this show, and I loathe Seth MacFarlane, and his smarmy, white, frat-boy sense of humor and entitlement. His jokes come so often at the expense of those outside of his own little bubble of traditional white male entitlement/control, that it makes me sick to watch.

A horrible show, and an opportunistic, callous person, who even if he says he supports this or that cause, I still see as a sophomoric blowhard and gasbag.

Just my opinion! :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I have enjoyed Bob's Burgers.

(Not sure who does this, but I think it's the best thing since the early era of the Simpsons.)

#44 HuskyPup, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  5. Simple Thoughts

I didn't like Bob's Burgers at first...but then I started liking it. That's a show that grows on ya.

I've never had a negative opinion of Family Guy until this episode. Then again I pretty much grew up on the show, so maybe my viewpoints been warped =p

After this episode though, I'm not even sure if I'll bother watching more.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oddly enough, same here...my mate made me watch it, and at first, I refused, but later, I came to like it a great deal. I get really fussy when it comes to movies and TV!

I think living on the east coast, I can relate to the landscape it takes place in. Plus, I love the voice actors/actresses on this show, especially Kristen Schaal as Louise, who also starred on Flight Of The Concords.

7. Simple Thoughts

It is a pretty funny show. I loved the one where Bob pissed off the magician guy who placed a curse on his restaurant. That one was friggin hilarious =3

8. Abbra

I like Bob's Burgers because I feel like out of all of the cartoon sitcom families, they have the most realistic relationship with each other. They get upset with each other, but they aren't constantly just being mean spirited. The characters actually build a foundation with each other. Not only do they show them bickering and having problems, but you also see them having fun and laughing with each other. It's really the little things like them laughing at each other's jokes or just having a conversation. The Belchers have an atmosphere to them.

Really, that's the point when I couldn't enjoy Family Guy anymore. It was always mean spirited and offensive. It's just that the show stopped having any respect or love for itself. It started to resorting to breaking the fourth wall all the time and made the choice to pit the characters against each other rather than showing their comradery. That's why this particular episode seems so mean compared to everything else they've done. Before when they made gay jokes it came from a place of love and satire. Now all their dirty humor just comes off as bitter and angry.

You can totally tell that Mcfarlene has barely anything to do with the show anymore. Now it's just people trying to recreate that slightly dirty spark that just isn't there anymore. The writers and producers just don't understand what made the world charming and what made it work in the first place.