1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degrassi Introduces Trans Teen for Season 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jul 17, 2010.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really like how they portray Adam's storyline, because his friends accepted him right away. And his brother is avery accepting as well. He has problems with bullies. But everyone closest to him understands him, and that is just amazing to see on national television. That's why I think it's very real and close to reality, you get to see accepting people but also people who, ehm, aren't as accepting.

His brother is AMAZING as well. He protected Adam from the bullies. He is so great to Adam, about everything, totally aceppting. It's like he was his brother all along. It's just aww.. did I tell you that I like this storyline? :icon_bigg

One thing is depressing though.. they would NEVER show ANYHTING like this on Norwegian tv.. Norway sucks :frowning2: there has been lesbians on lots of Norwegian tv shows and soap operas, but NEVER a gay guy. So stereotypical and stupid. Norway is still soooo conservative and Christian. It's really bad :frowning2: I wish Canada would adopt me! lol

2. Arex

I've not watched Degrassi in years, I should probably watch it again! And with a transgender in the mix makes it all the more exciting.

3. Zontar

This show is still on?

4. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Trust me, this transgender storyline is sooo good. It was so powerful and emotional that it moved me to tears. Superb acting and writing from everyone involed in this storyline!

I actually think it's better than the Zane and Riley storyline, though I do like them too of course :slight_smile: But I actually think I prefer Adam and Fiona, well that was before.. yeah, won't say too much because it's kinda spoiler-ish.

Anyway, you can see the Adam storyline here

And the Adam and Fiona storyline here

5. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I started watching Degrassi a few weeks ago. I saw the first season, and now I am watching the middle of the 10th. XD I skipped all inbetween.

I plan on watching the entire 10th season someday. But right now, I am in love with the Adam and Fiona storyline. o3o Drunk + First love.

6. Haberdasher

I'm rather picky about stories featuring trans guys (hah, The L Word made me want to stab somebody) but the writing for this hasn't been so bad, anything I could say would be nitpicking I think. I never watched this show before (though in highschool my sister was obsessed with it) but I have to give them kudos.

((I do wonder why it seems they had the actress(?) playing Adam continue to pluck her eyebrows while in the role? But like I said, nitpicking!))

7. Tim

Tim

This all takes place in the same year.

Technically, because Adam was still pretending to be Gracie for his mother, the plucked eyebrows still make sense.

8. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    IKR. This storyline is soooo good. I actually like it much better than the Ziley storyline. It just sucks that Adam and Fiona won't happen now :frowning2: At least it was good as long as it lasted, and I hope Adam finds love again soon :slight_smile:

My fave storylines on Degrassi are Ziley (Zane and Riley), Eclare (Eli and Clare) and Fadam (Fiona and Adam). I also really enjoy Drew and Adam's relationship. He's like the most accepting brother ever. I love all of their scenes together. Hell, all scenes with Adam, Fiona, Clare and Eli are a win in my book!

And also, I love the music they choose on this show! A Day To Remember is frikkin amazing!

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eclare lol love it.

10. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    WTF is wrong with Eli? Why is he becoming this creepy, possessive stalker all of a sudden? He just seems completely NUTS!

He wrote a story inspired by Clare.. Rachael is Clare: "He kills Rachel. He grabs his knife, cuts her throat, drinks her blood, and forever they are one." The look on Clare's face was just: Uh oh, what have I gotten myself into?

11. Tim

Tim

The rumor has been that Eli will kill Clare since the 10th season started. >_> Hoping that doesn't happen.

Anyway, the show's bugging me. How did it become the Eli, Clare, and Alli show?

It seems like one of them is in every single episode as a center point.