1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerts~

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pasalacqua, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Pasalacqua

I just got back from a The Used concert and it was amaaaaazing!
    I was in a mosh pit and crowd surfed.
    I never did either of those before.
    I've only been to one concert previously though, and I wasn't on the floor.

Any super amazing/super shitty concert stories you guys have?

2. MusicIsLife

I am SO. fucking. jealous. Stupid the used canceling their canadian dates to open for stupid three days grace :tantrum:

But my absolute BEST concert experience was this (First, just so you know im on the illScarlett street team so I get into a LOT of free scarlett shows)

So Silverstein was coming to town, and they're like one of my fave bands. It was The Devil Wears Prada, illScarlett, Protest The Hero and Silverstein. It was a Silverstein/PTH double bill.

Anyway I put off getting my ticket till like the week before the show. When i finally went to get it...SOLD OUT.

I was sooo gutted. Then i decided to head out anyway to see if anyone was selling tix. When I got there i spent 2 hours in sub-zero montreal february weather pacing up and down the longass line asking if anyone's selling. Then I ran in 2 of my friends who were supposed to have press passes but they wouldnt let them in.

So then i got desperate and called Andy, the tour manager of illScarlett. [who was actually in NYC at the time.] and told him what was up (I was supposed to be doing promo stuff for scarlett, but i never got an email back about it.) and he was like: "Don't move."

not even 10 minutes later the illscarlett's merch guy calls me, asks me where I am and he finds me, hands me his all-access pass and drags me inside. After we got in, he took it back and told me to hang around closer inside cause since I have no ticket if I got caught i would've gotten kicked out.

So after talking with the merch guy and Alex from illscarlett about getting my friends inside, they got in, and were allowed to stay after speaking with Rody from PTH.

After all that happened the show finally started and it was A-MAZING.

so yeah :slight_smile:

#2 MusicIsLife, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ..This belongs in Entertainment and Technology. *evil hiss*

And yes, concerts are awesome fun. I wanted to go to Lady Gaga's 2010 Australian Tour but couldn't get tickets. Hopefully she'll put another show on sale soon.

4. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to soooo many good gigs! o2 festival was one of the most memorable though, front row in the rain and mud for the White Stripes. Hell yes!

Oooh my god The Used are amazing! The show I went to was adorable cause Bert randomly pulled two people from the audience and left them at the side of the stage for a song. Then when he'd finished he introduced the guy and girl and told us the guy wanted to say something. At this point the audience and the girl were confused as hell until the guy got out a box and dropped to his knees in front of the entire audience on stage..... Cutest, proposal, EVER!
    Awh.

5. Adam

I love concerts so much! I am seeing 311 for my 7th time here in a few weeks and cannot wait!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Fray at Red Rocks from backstage was really cool. Nothing like having 10,000 people singing back your way.

Worst concert? A would-be-forgotten-if-anyone-had-ever-heard-of-them band called Pluto. They were opening for Shonen Knife, which means you're gonna have a fun but polite crowd. And even that crowd didn't like them. At one point, the guitarist looked at the crowd who was, by this point, more or less ignoring them, and bitterly asked "Why don't you people come down here and taste the rock?" And for the first time ever, I heckled a band. "When you start serving some worth tasting, I'll think about it."

I think I got more laughs than they got applause.

Lex

7. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I went to a OneRepublic concert. Super awsome but we had to leave early because my friend was stupid and decided not to eat anything before a concert in which we had to be standing up for a good hours.

I wantes to see the MUSE. They came in town recently but couldnt go because they were poening for U2 so the tickets were $200 something for nose bleed.

8. partietraumatic

Ive seen many many many bands live :slight_smile:

Top 5 would be:

The Killers
    BLoc Party
    The Arctic Monkeys
    Glasvegas
    Kaiser Chiefs

But im sure im forgetting loads :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Rygirl

In England we have this thing called the Summer Time Ball. It is basically a huge concert with LOADS of different artists who come to play, Blue even got back together to do the gig, anyways it was amazing.
    My one true love is Linkin Park tho, the concert was sold out in England, but I saw it on DVD, and they ROCK harder than any other band in existance.

10. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I went to a venue to see Stratovarius with a few friends in london a while ago. Turned out the supporting band was better than the leading band. We left during their second song. Plus it was hot and crowded and full of sweaty 40 year olds with 80s clothing and some stupidass couple who would not stop bumping into me(and there was no moshpit). So yeah. And then I went to go see beyonce at the O2 in June, which was incredible, and thats pretty much it.

Me and a few friends are hoping to go to Bloodstock festival next year, that is if I save up from here onwards which will be an incredibly difficult hurdle seeming i use money like water.

11. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

I don't really get to go to many, but 3 stick out in my head:

1) Dir en grey and The Deftones on the Family Values Tour in 2006
    I was way the hell back on the lawn, but it was still pretty damn amazing. I also go to shake hands with Dir en grey's drummer and one of their guitarists. (Shinya and Die)

2) 12012
    Yeah, Japanese bands, but this is my hobby. I bought VIP tickets for this one (it was at an anime con...) and was four rows back from the stage. Wataru (their vocalist) is amazing live. I cried, yes I did. They are my second favorite band...ever, I had been following them for damn near their entire career (got into them about a year after they formed. and long before they got signed to a major label in Japan), and there I was. up close and personal. I also caught Wataru's towel when he threw it, and got that signed by him, and a CD signed by the entire band.

3) Dir en grey- Palladium
    Holy. Shit. Best. Night. Ever.
    I am a wuss and can't handle pits, so I was in the back, but the Palladium is a small venue, so it did not matter tall. I have been into this band for a good 5 or 6 years and they have been my favorite for a long time. Even though this was two years ago, I still remember it so freaking clearly. I cannot WAIT to see them again in a week.

4) Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    Hellz to the yeah. Went for about 4 years in a row, but haven't been able to afford it at Christmas time anymore. But they put on an awesome live show. And come on. Who doesn't love Christmas/classical music done by screaming guitars?

Otherwise. I see a lot of classical stuff because of my job.

Yeah, I'm lame. But I'm okay with it XP
    I'm also broke and can't go see the American bands I love.

12. Adam

Worst concert I went to was Kottonmouth Kings a few years back, I was smoking a joint and handed it to a friend and we both got kicked out, I felt horrible about getting her kicked out too. We had to stand out in the freezing cold till the show was over, which we listened to the show threw the door for a bit till the people closed the other inside doors so we couldn't anymore. Usually they didn't care about that but a smoking ban had just passed there and they got really strict about it.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Dir en grey- Palladium

I love Dir En Grey. They'll be here early next month, and I'll have to see if I can get tickets to that.

And getting kicked out of a Kottonmouth Kings show for smoking dope is like getting kicked out of an Insane Clown Posse show for wearing makeup.

Lex

14. djt820

I just recently went to my 'first' concert last September to see 3/4s of Return to Forever. Badass concert. Im seeing Dethklok and Mastodon this November.

15. Pasalacqua

I hate. Hate. That people smoke during concerts.
    I've got nothing against smoking.
    But, I went to a Green Day concert back in the summer, and the guy next to us was smoking a joint. Fine, whatever. Except that there was a fucking 10 year old in the row in front of us. Like, he was there with his parents. He doesn't need to be exposed to that. Go to the bathroom and smoke up, not around kids.

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG.
    OMG.
    OMG.
    OMG.
    OMG.
    OMG.
    I MIGHT BE GOING TO LADY GAGA'S WORLD TOUR NEXT YEAR. SHE ANNOUNCED A NEW SHOW! 8D
    *collapses from excitement*

17. Darkwing65

Top five concerts i've been to:

Powerman 5000
    Motley Crue
    Disturbed
    Metallica
    Ozzy Osbourne

18. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    The U2 360 Tour is amazing. My feet still hurt from the floor seats but it's totally worth it.

19. Shevanel

Being in the 2nd row from the top in Madison Square Garden at the Pearl Jam concert the summer of 2008. I don't care how high the seats were, it was MSG, any seats are amazing. (we were on the close side too). like 99.8% of the people were smoking weed there, INSIDE MSG xD. And me and my friend were the only 2 not smoking xD which is ironic for me I guess xD But damn... the entire concert was orgasmic. They even did covers of the Who song Love Reign O'er Me and Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower... and it was just... so fucking amazing. xD Me and my friend were in such awe at that concert, that on the train ride on the LIRR home, we missed the stop where I parked my car xD We had to walk for like 30 minutes to get to my car xD In like a crappy neighborhood. it was an adventure xD

20. Gumtree

Hrmm, best experiences would be (nice contrast here) Powderfinger/Arctic Monkeys/Bloc Party/Lilly Allen, and I saw Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Missy Higgins perform together once (was so amazing *cry*).

Oh and Kings of Leon were awesome.

Seeing Muse and Lilly Allen in a few months too ^^

Worst experience would probably be, ummm oh; Sneaky Sound System concert a few years back, was going a'right until I almost OD on ecstasy and had to leave to go and sleep for 30 hours.