1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out in your 20s

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wandergirl, Feb 28, 2014.

1. C P

C P

The bolded.

I'm pretty directionless when it comes to thinking of any of that since I have not been in a relationship or dated yet, while almost 22.

I'm not out yet and not sure when I will be, but hopefully it' ll be before my 20s are over.

Aside from how others will take it, I don't see much changing though because I am pretty much myself now, minus the expressing of my interest in guys.

#21 C P, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Nederhorst

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't come out yet, but I plan on doing it this year.

I completely identified with how you feel, it's one of the reasons I plan on doing it soon. But at least I'm still almost 20, it's not thaat late to get on the grip. When it comes to that subject, I feel like a baby. I never had anything serious with a guy before, never liked anyone. The only things I did were very few, short and I didn't like them that much.
    I feel jealous of all the straight people who have to do nothing and their lives just go moving.

@Natalia
    Hey, I'm brazilian too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    As lots of people in this thread talked about, I also moved to another country and here I started as a gay person. Lots of people still think I'm straight, because I find it very weird to tell it to them out of the blank. The times I did it were when a common subject came up. The last time, I was talking to my new friends in a group facebook chat about a party that would be coming up. We ended up not going there and we discussed about the fact that they would give us numbers at the entrance (it was valentine's day) and then later on, they would randomly pair us with another number from someone of the opposite sex. They were talking that it would be fun if I ended up with an ugly girl and had to deal with it. I said that it didn't matter whether she was ugly or not, I wouldn't like being paired with a girl. They asked me why and I said I only liked men. They were supportive and didn't act weird at all (except from an "you don't like girls? :O"), something I wondered about since one of them was jewish (since we have few to 0 jews in Brazil, I had no clue how they thought gay-wise) and the other one was a girl who is from an African country which has just passed more anti-gay laws.
    Good luck in rediscovering yourself.