1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come Out Today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sugar, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol oops thought it was every wednesday hehe but I'm defintately doing it earlier so i can get this all over with! Thx you guys for the awesome support :slight_smile:

2. SpikySpice

OMG OMG OMG OMG:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: I should have read this thread a long time ago. I think I'm late:tears: :tears: :tantrum:

But anyway I will send emails to , say, like 4 of my friends, they stay in my country, so no problemo*cross finger*:tears:

I will also let some of my friends here know to:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Swimmerboy

I'm very scared to do this, but, I think I will be able to. Probably one of my friends will get to hear the news.:tears:

4. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very well written Morgan...Congradulations on having the courage to do this:eusa_clap :thumbsup:

5. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't exactly come out to my roommate, but I did share some things that certainly declare I am a gay ally. I thought about telling her a bunch of times, but I just couldn't do it. I think it will be easier to later because I have made a "path" for talking about it. I think I probably will just text her when I am ready. I don't know. I'm scared still - really scared. Not sure what all of the fear is though. She basically said tonight that someone being gay is not something to stop being friends over. Fear...fear...fear - it really stinks.

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

the last time i talked to me friends i mentioned how much i loved rainbows. no one said anything. here are sum replies i've gotten:

"Dearest Morgan,

Hi, Sweetie! Thanks for sending this..
    Whoever you are is just fine with me. I appreciate your courange and honesty, as i know it's hard to be who you are in this world, and harder still to fight against stereotypes...

I have lots of gay friends, all beautiful and amazing people... and i appreciate all of them, as just people... So, who cares who anyone else loves, or how, cause God Source has created all of us. Love is Love, whatever form it takes..

I love you very much, and hope your life is full and wonderful. Be Yourself! Whoever that may be.. :slight_smile:

Blessings on your Journey, dear one!" from my aunt.

this one is from my uncle who wouldn't sign that gay marriage petition:

"Morganna,

Of course I still love you! As a Christian, even if I thought that was a
    sin, it would be a sin for me to look down on you. Like Paul wrote in Romans
    3:23, "Yes, all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious ideal; yet now
    God declares us 'not guilty' of offending him if we trust in Jesus Christ,
    who in his kindness freely takes away our sins.""

this is from my Goddmother:

"Dear Morgan,
    How can you ever think I wouldn't want to talk to you? Do you really
    believe we are so shallow?
    I love you - whatever your sexual orientation. I just wish it could have
    been easier for you, as it's been a tough time the last 6 months. Figuring
    out who you are as a gay teenager in a straight world takes courage.
    Never let anything limit you and live life with integrity and honesty. It's
    a beautiful and wonderful world, but especially with you in it :slight_smile:"

I'm sooo excited! I hope everything works out!

#66 xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  7. darkness

Congrats Morgan....... so glad things are going so well for you...:eusa_clap

:wow: I finally got the response I was waiting for.... one of my best friends called me today to say she loves me and it changes nothing between us.....:eusa_danc It was so hard waiting to hear her response.... I feel like such a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders....

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have just deleted six posts from this thread, due to abusive comments and responses to them. I'm sure those who saw this earlier know who and what etc.

Any repeat of this and the thread will have to be closed. We are also discussing the future of one member as a result of this, and I have banned him for 24 hours while we do this.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Oops - I forgot to reopen this! It's open now.

10. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    whoaaa how can people be abusive on this so wonderful thread! Ruining it for all of us :frowning2:

11. xxAngelOnFirexx

i'm really sorry if anything i did contributed to this...:tears: i was just trying to post witht eh rest of you. i didn't make him be so mean to me, i tried not to say what i really wanted but just posting smiles.....:icon_redf :icon_sad:

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I completely agree Sugar. But it's gone now, so let's carry on with the wonderful coming out successes we have seen this week, and look forward to the next one!

Don't worry Angel, you did nothing wrong. A couple of your posts had to be removed in the clean-up, just because they were replies to the abusive ones by you-know-who and it wouldn't have made sense if they remained.

By the way, I've moved this thread to Coming Out stories as it really is several coming out stories in one!

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just found this thread and I want to say to all of you who had the courage to come out to somebody, I am SO PROUD OF YOU! And what a great idea to make this a monthly thing!

14. SpikySpice

OMG OMG OMG, I just click the send button, and I even ask em for more email adresses so I can tell everyboday as many as possible

I'm feeling bit worry, but they are nice, so I think they wont reject me and cut the friendships...:confused: :confused: :confused:

15. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yayyy congratulations let us know how they respond :slight_smile:

16. SpikySpice

well thanks Sugar^^, i just sent 2 more, lol, Im trying to remmeber all the email adresses...
    This is how I feel now:icon_bigg :eusa_clap (!) :thumbsup: :eek: :eusa_danc :tantrum: :icon_redf

The biggest problem is my mom, I have to talk to her on the fone

17. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yah me too i felt a range of emotions! But in the end it just feels amazing that's it's finally done :slight_smile: good luck with your mom!

18. darkness

you saw how many of us came out this week so we all know about those ranges of emotions... but congratulations, good, luck, and keep us posted on the news and emotions...(&&&)

19. Sanssouci

This is a great idea! 11th July.. I'll try to build up courage, certainly a good time before I go on holiday, just it felt like everything was acocmplished for a while after I came out to a friend and now I've got to go through that horribly knotty throat feeling, and flase starts again :frowning2:/:grin:

20. SpikySpice

Thank you Darkness. I'm so glad that everybody is coming out too,^^

Actually with out this forum and this great thread from Sugar, coulndt know if I can do it

Well, last night I was chatting with one of my friend cross the continent. I sent the email a day before but he didnt say anything like ther were nothing happened. I'm not sure if he was tellong my mom too. Gah, I will hear from her this weekend:confused: :confused: