1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come Out Today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sugar, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Kimi

Hahaha I so love your friend:roflmao:

Glad to hear you guys coming out and it seems everyone is supportive and accepting(*hug*)

2. Steam Giant

Wow, congratulations everyone!! You were all so strong yesterday!! I'm so happy that it seemed to go pretty well for everybody! Thanks to everyone for participating ^^ It made it so much easier to come out myself!

So yeah, I told him, and he was perfectly fine with it!! I feel so silly for worrying about it so much ^^; I kinda wished that we could have talked about it more, but he let me know that he was okay with it ^^ and that makes me so happy!!!

3. Jim1454

way to go you guys! good for you! totally inspiring - but not quite inspiring enough, right now.

4. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What would inspire you "enough"? What do you need "enough" inspiration specifically for? Maybe if we knew, we could help with the inspiration.

5. darkness

O.k. so I have gotten two responses from my bulletin... My sister just wants to know why I didn't tell her sooner and is great about it... and my friend Donnie who I haven't seen in a while just called to lend me some support..... so far so good......

6. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YAH YAH YAH. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you. (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

7. Steam Giant

Me too! Way to go!! ^^ *throws confetti* Hurray!

8. xxAngelOnFirexx

i just got another response from my aunt who lives in Austrillia and she is very happy for me as she said that she has many gay adn lesbian friends. i am excited that everything is going os well for everybody!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Don't worry - it's not the right time for everybody. I think it's great that several people just chose a random date to all come out together, but it's not going to be right for everyone. There are a lot of other members here who did not get involved with "The First EC Mass Coming Out Day" or whatever we're gonna call it.

So don't feel pressured. Come out when you are ready.

10. darkness

yes do not feel pressured but know that we are here for all of you rather if you were ready or not and if you need to talk all of us on this thread and I am sure many more will be here if you need to talk... and if you are not comfortable posting publicly know that you can pm any of us.....(&&&)

11. Steam Giant

Yes, definitely! I think yesterday proved that we're all stronger as a group ^^ we're always here for you, Jim! When the time is right, you'll be in our thoughts ^^

So that went really, really well! We should definitely do this again, but this time less spur of the moment, hehe! We should set a definite date next time, something that'll work no matter where in the world you live. This was just the thing to give a lot of us the strength and encouragement we needed, and I'd like to see it happen again!

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We could stick to a pattern, second Wednesday of the month - so how about Wednesday 11th July?

13. Steam Giant

Works for me! That gives everybody the time to build up the courage ^^ I like it! How about everybody else? What do you all think?

14. darkness

Second Wednesday of the month sound great to me.... than as people become ready and newbies join they can always choose to join us or know that the next 2nd Wednesday will be another opportunity.... great idea(!):thewave:

15. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was truly an awesome experience. It was so motivating to know others were going through the same thing and hearing all the coming out stories! I did not get to tell my best friend last night because she didn't come to the bar but my cousin responded to my email. Here's what she said:

| | | Inbox

I am happy for you that you are connecting with yourself and learning to be yourself...that is wonderful...am I surprised, NO and what does that have to do with the wedding...this is about you no one else and you can always count on me to keep this between us...I look forward to seeing you this weekend
    Love you Lydia XO

This is wonderful, I really feel so relieved. I think it's going to be a bit easier to come out to others now. I hope haha .. I'm up for telling some friends next week on wednesday! This was an awesome idea :slight_smile:

16. Steam Giant

Congratulations, Sugar!! I'm so happy for you! :eusa_clap

You were very brave yesterday ^^ enjoy your well-deserved victory!

17. darkness

Congrats.... it is so great to hear.... Paul_UK was talking about every second Wednesday of the month so it would be july 11th.. but if you need support from us earlier you know we are here.....

18. paul7836

hmm. ill be in europe on the 11th so i guess ill come out to someone while over there. (sadly I doubt ill get a chance to get on EC, with slow internet and all). But it is a great idea to do more mass coming out days. It certainly made it easier on me.

19. darkness

yes come out to someone out there and let us know about it when you come back

20. paul7836

Will do. It'll probably be my cousin or someone i barely see. i dont think my parents will be ready for that kind of shock, but when will they be ready?