1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about weed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Love4Ever, Nov 17, 2018.

?

What are your thoughts on weed?

1. I smoke weed and think it should be legal

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. I don't smoke weed but it should be legal because I don't care if others do

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. I don't smoke weed and don't agree with legalizing it

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, maybe I was doing it wrong all these years? Individual chemistries are unique, so what happens for one person might not for another. Re edibles, I guess it's true that other peoples edibles are unpredictable. Mine come out the same way every time, and in moderation just last a few hours.

But really L4E, we can't let you go rogue! Hold your horses! Take a deep breath. Oh, not that kind...

#21 beenthrdonetht, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't use weed and I have never had an interest in doing so. I don't think it should be legal in any form. It's still smoking, so it's still bad for you.

Every person that I have ever seen use it acts like such a fucking dumbass when on it. Just proves that it ruins brain cells.

Plus it stinks to high heaven. In fact everytime I come in contact with someone who smells like it, I get physically sick. I really don't understand the appeal to it at all.

#22 BothWaysSecret, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I smoke it ocasoccasionally, like a couple times a month. I'm conflicted about it tbh. It helps my anxiety. It smells MUCH better and isnt nearly as gross as cigarette smoke. It doesn't have all the gross additives as cigarettes do. Since it's legal in Canada now, they'll probably do more research, and it's naive, but I'm kinda dreading what they find. I know it has some health consequences but dreading finding exactly what it does lol.

Also, I agree with people when they say it makes orgasm better. But I just feel so foggy or out of sync or something that sex isn't something I prefer high lol

4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is one of the things people have been misled about for decades. Yes smoking is bad for your health, but so is eating junk food, getting a sunburn, drinking alcohol, getting tan, or any number of other things. It's not the actual smoke that causes most of the problems - it's the additives that companies artificially add to cigarettes to make them addictive, and then smoking too much of it because of the addiction. If you smoke pure tobacco leaf from nature without adding anything to it the health risk isn't as bad, because it's just a plant. That's why weed smokers don't get cancer nearly as much as cigarette smokers do. Marijuana is just a natural plant with nothing added to it so doesn't actually have much in the way of health risks, plus it's not addictive so it's much less likely people would smoke it with the frequency that cigarette smokers do. If someone smokes more than like 2 joints a day they're a huge pothead. If someone smokes 10 cigarettes a day they're just an average smoker. That's a gigantic difference for health.

A lot of people fake it and use it as an excuse to act stupidly which they wanted to do the entire time anyway. I've found that most of the people who do dumb things while using weed aren't even actually high, they just take a couple hits then pretend to be so they can get away with acting crazy. Most potheads are extremely chill people who just want to laugh at things at eat absurd amounts of food, not act dumb. It does kill brain cells, but it takes years of heavy usage for that to have any real difference.

Nobody likes the smell, that's why things like edibles and vape exist. You just deal with the smell not enjoy it, it's the effects people like.

5. GreenRun

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never have smoked pot and I never intend to, but assuming I am somewhere where it is legal, I may consider trying edibles. Smoking anything freaks me out, the idea of taking any kind of smoke into my lungs really bothers me, but I wouldn't be adverse to trying a brownie or something. Re: sex while high, I don't think I would, or at least I'd have to have used pot enough times beforehand to know exactly what happens to me when I'm high before even considering trying sex while high. But I think Destin made some good points about that topic. But I am all for legalization, I don't see any problem with legalizing pot.

6. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with @GreenRun with the brownies and the smoke part. Like I don't want the smoke in my lungs.

7. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I smoke. It’s legal where I live and I think it should be legal everywhere.

I enjoy it responsibly in my own home, I should probably smoke less than I do but it hasn’t caused me any health problems. I keep in shape and I’m never out of breath from riding bikes or hiking.

There is definitely a huge difference between smoking it and eating it.
    Edibles can be extremely potent especially for a person without a tolerance or experience with weed.

For an ideal experience I prefer vaping concentrates.

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. You need to know if it's a feeling you like or not since it effects people differently. And I would never do pot or have sex while high unless it was someone I knew.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don’t smoke it but I do eat edibles. My favorite is this one candy bar. It has like 8 or 10 squares and the bar is a total of 250mg. All I need is a sliver and I feel it. The one thing I’ve noticed that’s different from smoking as to injesting is smoking I usually feel it right away or after about 5 minutes but then it will only last about 2 hours. If I injest it, It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to kick in but then the high lasts me 4 to 6 hours.

As for legalization, I understand if they don’t want it legal for recreational use but I think it should be legal in all 50 states for medicinal use.

10. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate to ask, but just for future reference, which strains would you say worked really well for you? Because it sounds like you had good experiences and I'm just curious.

11. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah now I'm getting curious too. Just for scientific reasons, of course.

12. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @GreenRun just noticed your location, LOL

13. GreenRun

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, it's true. Google "Chris Collins" and "Nate McMurray." It's been a hell of a ride watching this election.

14. Cognition

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm too young to be getting mixed up in drugs, but what I think should be legal is LSD. When you compare it with other drugs, it's really crazy that it's got Class A status. It seems to be totally fine if you use it responsibly-- and legalising it would make it easier to use responsibly.

Support legalisation of weed too, ofc.

15. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with LSD/Acid is that it's one of the only drugs that changes your brain chemistry permanently every single time you use it. If you try it even once your brain is slightly different for the rest of your life. There's no way to predict how it will change with heavy usage. Some people become a lot better after using it, more calm, more friendly, harder working etc. but some people change the other direction and bad things happen.

For example a real story of mine is that I knew two people who were best friends their entire lives, both were 20 at the time. They got along super well and cared about each other a lot. Then they started doing LSD together for months. One of them was perfectly fine and normal, but the other one changed badly. He became extremely paranoid and aggressive about everything. One day he broke into his lifelong friend's house screaming at him and threatening to stab him because the paranoia made him think his friend was stealing his girlfriend secretly behind his back. In reality the guy hadn't even spoken to her all year. The crazy one had a mental breakdown over it, ended their friendship, and no joke got on a plane to Pakistan the next week and started living there for no reason. He refuses to talk to anyone except his mother, and told her he never wants to see his old friend ever again and is never coming home. It's been 3 years and this dude is still living in some random village in Pakistan herding goats or something. All because he liked using LSD.

#35 Destin, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  16. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True story, I have a friend who got into the party scene while in college and he was fine all through school but about a year after he graduated he was taking lsd quite regularly and eventually had a mental break and was psychotic for a month.
    It was a really hard time for him.
    Luckily he hasn’t touched the stuff since that happened and he’s all better now and is actually one of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.

17. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are actually hundreds of strains, because people genetically modify them to create new ones, making it difficult to find the same one someone else uses. The two main types of marijuana are Indica and Sativa. Indica causes mostly effects on your body, like relaxation, a floating sensation etc. while Sativa has effects on your mind like becoming more social, thinking with more clarity, hallucinations etc.

The type I've had the best experiences with is a genetically engineered combination of them both, where the potency of both is also artificially increased. The friend I know who sells it gets his from a farm in California, and it's extremely high-end as far as weed goes. They won't actually tell me the real name of the strain to protect their exclusivity on it in this area (if they told people, others could just go buy it too and become competition for them). He gave it his own made up name instead.

Another fun fact about it, most people just assume weed is green...nope, the better stuff tends to have a significant purple or orange coloring in it too. There are huge differences between the strains and types. Some of them are bad and barely do anything (most of the stuff from Jamaica for example), while others are very powerful and you can feel each distinct effect it causes (California usually).

18. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. I definitely would want to know what I was getting into.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    See, this scares me and is why I would never do stuff like that. Weed is pretty much fine but I don't want to get mixed up in acid.

20. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

I didn't cast a vote, since I haven't tried it and I am unsure whether it should be legalized or not. On one hand, it is already being sold and perhaps with it being legal there would be more quality tests. On the other hand, children might have more access or even try it by accident and I'm not sure how safe that could be.

In all seriousness, I don't think I'd personally take any drug. I prefer the traditional, slow way of training these sort of feelings through spiritual techniques. I know people have used drugs in spiritual settings, but that was under the supervision and instruction of people who knew what they're doing and it was a one time thing, like in an initiation, not a recreational thing.

In short, I don't think stimulating your brain for the lols is a good thing, unless you know what you're doing and why you're doing it. I don't think I'd get anything useful from the experience. If I want to be in a alternate state of consciousness I can as well listen to specific music or follow practices that don't require chemicals to work. I think this is the best way for me.