1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about weed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Love4Ever, Nov 17, 2018.

?

What are your thoughts on weed?

1. I smoke weed and think it should be legal

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. I don't smoke weed but it should be legal because I don't care if others do

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. I don't smoke weed and don't agree with legalizing it

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes but just because anything can have consequences, doesn't mean we should encourage those consequences by allowing very high risk things that are far more likely to cause those consequences. Guns are legal (here at least) but machine guns are not. Why? Because guns are dangerous, but only up to a certain point. There's only so much a pistol can do. Machine guns have no limit, they can shoot 100 people in 30 seconds. So it makes sense not to allow machine guns even when guns are legal - just like it makes sense to allow weed which is less dangerous, but not the extreme drugs which are more dangerous and have a far greater potential for harming others.

2. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Do you see me "encouraging" anyone to do anything?

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being in favor of legalizing all drugs is the same as encouraging people to use those drugs. Not stopping something from happening is no different than encouraging it to happen.

4. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Nope. False equivalency and fear mongering.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Didn't know that. That's very mature delayed gratification. What does it feel like when it arrives?

6. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Destin, I honestly can't tell if I'm being trolled at this point. But then again "the war on drugs" was pioneered/"perfected" in the U.S. and then exported everywhere else so I don't know how far the brainwashing has actually gone over there, it doesn't seem to have gone that far since you all for the most part have apparently at least dabbled with some kind of substance.

#66 fadedstar, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
  7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome. I had no idea how *not okay* I was prior to it. Basically I felt more alive, more alert, more at home in my own body. Also I got into running seriously again for the first time in three years.

8. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Love that. Aerobic sports... they are me. Thanks very interesting to hear from your corner of the LGBTQ spectrum. You're doing OK? Not too much dysphoria? Hope not.

9. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a false equivalency. It applies to any situation. If you aren't against it then you're being permissive of it by default because you don't care enough to stop it. Being permissive is a form of passive encouragement.

No trolling intended. The harder drugs are universally illegal for public safety reasons in nearly all first world countries. It's not an accident that so many countries outlawed the same drugs - it's because they realized they cause problems not caused by other drugs and are harmful to the society. Individual liberty is irrelevant if the society is dangerous because of it. Your liberty to do drugs means nothing if someone else uses their liberty to burn your house down. There is no such thing as a government with full liberty for everyone, that's called anarchy and doesn't work.

#69 Destin, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  10. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Well if that's the way you want to frame it then okay, I am permissive. I guess I just have a brain that's naturally wired in a more "liberal" fashion than your own. I also don't agree that anarchy doesn't work. It worked quite well in Spain until they were fought against by control freaks from varying sides.

#70 fadedstar, Nov 18, 2018
  11. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I won't budge on my position about bodily autonomy. I think telling someone what they can or can't do with their own body is a boundary violation. A form of non-physical violence under threat of actual physical violence.

#71 fadedstar, Nov 18, 2018
  12. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It absolutely is a false equivalency, which only holds in any scenario to the extent that you assume you are the only autonomous agent in the scenario.

13. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

So is calmness what you're after?

I see nothing bad in one person smoking weed once, and I have a few acquaintances that have smoked weed and tried other things too lol

I'm just wondering how from a transforming ritual it became a thing to do without even knowing why.

By the way one of the people who does that, has some good skills as a healer. But he had been with the Indians, so I get why it helps him. I don't see how helpful it would be to a person who doesn't adhere to the whole system.

I don't know if it's helpful for people to use such powerful substances without any help or awareness.

14. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I guess I want to relax because I deal with anxiety and to see what being in another state of mind is like. To open up perception, to experiment creatively. I'm an artist at heart so that aspect interests me.

15. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I reside in the U.S. My opinion is given that alcohol is legal Marijuana should also be legal and taxed. Of course there will be laws and regulations as with alcohol, and really in my opinion it's a lot less dangerous for ones health and for the public. Bonus: It would contribute to the debt issues in states and the nation as a whole. I'm for it.

16. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cannabis is illegal in S Korea. I'm not very familiar with weed as I have never seen one. All I've ever "encountered" one is through the news about celebrities being arrested for smoking weed once in a while. The idea of being light-headed from that stuff scares me a little. I'm not against it as people say it's somehow less harmful to your body compared to other addictive substances. As longs as you don't get too invested in it, people should be fine.

17. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If there is nothing added, then why do people continue to use it? Something has to have been added if it's that addictive for people. And even if it doesn't have as much as cigarettes, it's still dangerous to consume.

You can still laugh at things and eat huge amounts of food without drugs. I eat a bunch and laugh at plenty of things, and I've never had to use a mind-altering substance to do so.

#77 BothWaysSecret, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  18. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing added to it. It is psychologically addictive because it makes you feel good and anything that makes you feel good can be psychologically addicting.

Things like cigarettes and alcohol are both psychologically and physically addictive. Meaning when you attempt to stop using either substance you will feel physical symptoms(aka withdrawal).

When you stop using Cannabis you will just feel like you want to use Cannabis again and you might not feel hungry for a day or two.
    In my experience these feelings only last for a few days.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's true. Alcohol doesn't have anything in it and people still get drunk. Heck, sugar is technically addictive as are a lot of fast foods.

20. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What?