1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi folks: How long does your "bi cycle" last?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, Mar 21, 2018.

1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think there is any real research on the subject. It's all what people like us are self reporting.

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh okay, thanks.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a preference toward the opposite-sex, so I notice men more than women, but I do have days where I feel more "gay" and on those days, I notice women more. But if you mean which sex I tend to notice more, it's both. I can appreciate a well-groomed man but still rather zone in on the woman with him/near him. It all depends on the day, time of month, etc. who I notice more. I noticed that I'm more drawn to men near my period, whereas I will notice both sexes equally on "regular" days

4. Richard321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This bi-cycle theme that you write of is interesting. I'm sure some would / do ridicule it. But seems apt that it exists. You experience it for one, and others do too - so it does exist. So, anyone ridiculing it just would be doing so because they didn't live it themselves and couldn't imagine it being so for some others.

By the way, I've only ever thought that Queen song was about riding an actual bicycle, silly though how that would be - lol - so I'll give it a listen after posting this.

So, what if, as well as there being this bi-cycle that you refer to, we also keep ourselves more in one zone by giving more attention to that zone while being in that zone... Do we, can we, prolong and intensify our gay drive while being in it because we think about, fantasize about and talk with other people of the same sex? Conversely, if we are with someone of the opposite sex, are getting much opposite sex admiration more, enjoying that more, are not around same sex liking people much, then that might intensify our hetero side, and prolong it.

We seem to be people who have choice as well as being people aware that we can be both gay or straight. In effect, I think I'm a mix of pan / bi all the time, but aware that I can be much more gay orientated or much more hetero orientated for periods of time if I choose to, let myself be, allow myself to be, or sometimes find myself being. Those periods of time can vary, but I'm fully aware all of the time that I'm bi / pan even when I'm not being bi / pan.

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely think you're onto something there. I agree that our current relationship or attention we're getting would definitely intensify our attraction to one side or the other. That being said, I also feel that the attraction bi folks have for one sex never really goes away while we are with the other, it might go dormant as we are intensley exposed to the other side of the scale.

It's different for everyone. Someone who thought they were bi and later turned out gay might not feel that one side goes dormant, and that's fine.

#25 BothWaysSecret, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  6. bi dystopia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My bi-cycle has been chained up in a communal garage for the past year and the tyres have gone flat. Really ought to sort it out :/

Honestly I have never heard the term before, my bisexuality has always remained the same, I don't have a preference, there is no ratio aspect, I will date men and women and who I go for depends who I find who is available first.

7. ValerieB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "

So true!! Same here, since I was about 13 or so.

SkyWinter, are youout of the colset? I've always known I was, but never had a relationship with another women other than friendship., never really felt romantic feelings towards another woman, but always fantasized about sex with other women. Like,omen in my life are friends, i just don't see them that way, but on the bus or with women that I don't know personnaly (like former classmates and so forth) I can be really turned on... though I don't show it. I wonder how to meet another woman without just being straight and friendly and like... you know, interested sexually... I think I'd be dead shy!! And just act as usual with not a trace of desire showing though...

I've always had straight relationships, how do I acknowledge being bisexual? How do I do to have a fist gay experience with a woman? How do I simply meet gay women and talk about it and learn not to suppress half my desires?

8. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm out to a few people about being bi/trans, but for the most part I'm still in the closet. Except here.

How do you acknowledge that you are bi? For me I have to sort of reconfirm it to myself. I'll sometimes see an attractive woman and think I can't possibly be attracted to a man, and yet it still happens. I can think back to times I flirted with guys, or found a guy cute, or about a fantasy I had and it shows me that I'm not wrong. I'm just not 50/50 guys/girls when it comes to attraction.

Just embrace who you are in the moment and it will be hard to suppress yourself.

9. ValerieB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Winter! :slight_smile:

10. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're welcome. I'm glad I said something helpful. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally like both genders all the time.

#31 anonmember, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. nlproct

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    same here

13. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ this reminds me of me. wow....

14. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ really? oh......i thought he was gay.......not. that you're wrong. wait actually you're probably right as that sounds familiar.........he was w/ Mary. someone. Webber? Wright?.......... i know they were close friends.......

anyway back to the topic at hand.

15. misslovely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ deep thoughts there. hm. I like this.

16. Benboypop

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, I didn´t even realised there was such thing as a "bi-cycle" but for me, I really don´t know, most of the time its depending on the person, I don´t mind if it is a he or a she, I´m drawn more towards emotions than physique.

17. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I joke that my bi-cycle lasted for 18 years! I never seriously considered being bi until then and only this year have I really felt confident that yes I am. And I think this is because my same sex attraction is far less frequent, and overall, unless I'm into a specific person, not as intense. I think this is how I was able to be "straight" for so long. But right now, ironically, I am feeling gayer than I have in months. I have a huge crush on a girl and all my same sex feelings are back and stronger than ever.

#37 Love4Ever, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  18. PlainJane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Equally attracted to both. I notice both at the same time :/

19. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to be equally open to both, but I guess my cycle shifts to leaning towards one or the other every so often. Like for about two years it was mostly girls and at the moment it's mostly guys. It's still kind of confusing for me, though. Gender I'm certain of but orientation is still something I'm figuring out lol.