1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi folks: How long does your "bi cycle" last?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, Mar 21, 2018.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe it's just because I'm currently into men on my "bi-cycle", but for quite awhile, I haven't noticed ANY good-looking women while I've been out and about in the world. Granted, they were probably there, I just didn't notice them (There was an exception. I did see one working at the mall when I was out with a friend, but I only saw her from the back and side, so I didn't actually get a full look at her)

I've been on men for many months now, and I'm wondering how long other's so called "Bi-cycles" have lasted? How frequent do you change back and forth? And when your currently attracted to one (for example men), do you even notice the other (women) at all, or do all women during your current male cycle (or vice versa) go unnoticed? Is it a manual change that you do yourself or does the change happen more on a whim for you? Like do you just wake up and go, "I'm feeling into men today."? or do you mentally force the change and go "okay, you've been checking out all the hot guys, now take a look at the hot ladies"?

I'm just trying to see how frequent other bi folks attraction shifts because I feel like I've been stuck on one for quite awhile, with no seeming end in site, yet I'm also tired of ogling men and want the shift back to women to happen soon so I can enjoy their beauty too.

For those unfamiliar with the term, "bi-cycle" it essentially means sometimes you may feel more straight and into the opposite gender, whereas other times you feel more gay and into the same gender, hence a cycle, as the attraction can cycle back and forth. Not every bi person experiences it, but those that do your answers would be appreciated. I know some might say that the "cycle" concept isn't a real thing, but it is for me.

2. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't shift from one thing to another. I'm attracted to both equally.

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its been a confusing time for me and I'm still new to all this - but probably like 8 hours and sometimes all attraction to both genders disappears entirely for awhile. I don't get it. In general my overall attraction to guys is increasing and girls is decreasing though. I'm beginning to question whether the attraction to girls was ever real in the first place or if I just made myself like them to fit in with other guys and got used to feeling that way.

Yea- I'm a mess.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And that's perfectly fine! I wish my attractions were that easy.

#4 BothWaysSecret, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think it's interesting how you described that attraction to both sometimes disappears completely. I've never heard of that happening before, I guess because I've never experienced it myself, but it's very interesting.

Those are some tough questions. You'll figure it all out though.

6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometime it's for a period of days, sometimes up to a couple of months. The last couple of days it's been driving me FUBAR! It sucks this time.

7. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been stuck on one end of the cycle for probably four or five months. It's so maddening! I just want the switch to happen already.

8. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish sometimes that I could either have been born straight or have born gay. Maybe I am gay and still not willing to admit it? Took 35 years to get this far from the time I knew I was different.

Then the bible, or at least todays version, says its all wrong and you will end up in hell. I don't much believe in that part of it all though...

9. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just depends on who is around I guess. I'll look at everyone, but I find a much smaller section of guys attractive, though I mentioned recently I do end up fantasizing about guys more frequently it seems.

When I think I was never attracted to women I think back to high school when the attraction to girls was uncontrollable and I'm reminded that yes, I am indeed bisexual.

10. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bisexual boyfriend says that now he has been with me for a while he is much more attracted to men than women... whereas before I think it was a little more equal.

I dont really get it but whatevz its all good.

11. youknow201

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have always felt that I lean more towards men but I see woman all the time that I find attractive. I also find myself attracted to a wider variety of woman versus a smaller variety of men. I don't think I'll ever completely choose one gender over the other, long term I could potentially see myself in a relationship with another bisexual guy who would be open to inviting woman into the bedroom every once in awhile.

12. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

For a long time I thought I was bisexual. I would find both women and men that were nice to look at. But when guys hit on me I'd be way angrier and dismissive than I would have been if a woman did the same. I've caught myself effortlessly flirting with women but struggling to reciprocate with men.

I could switch willingly my attention more to men, it's what I've been doing for years. It turns out I can tell if people have pretty faces or nicely shaped bodies.

I'm not sure if I'm bisexual anymore since the cycle hasn't turned for a while. I might still look at some men but that's it, I barely notice them anymore. As you say it seems as if there's no end to this.

13. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first time I saw the title to this thread, I thought of the QUEEN song:

:grin:

14. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think what makes this song even greater is that Freddy Mercury was bisexual himself! :laughing:

15. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never noticed if mine kind of cycles or the focus shifts one way more than the other. A great butt is always a great butt.

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This! It could be that the type of people I'm into aren't exactly "mainstream", but...

17. azzi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't realized there is a term bi-cycle. For me, my attraction with certain girls is always there. For guys though that I get attracted to, I noticed I only like them or give them a thought if they are nice to me. And then my attraction usually fades away fast.

18. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think I ever had one. I went right from liking only girls and being straight, to getting into a relationship and only being attracted to my boyfriend and no one else whether they were male or female. There was never really an attraction to other boys in between.

19. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, I thought I was the only one this happened to. It varies. Lately every night go to sleep thinking about this woman I like. Every so often I wish for a boyfriend too. Do you happen to know where I can find about more about bi-cycles? I tried Googling it and I got bicycles and things about Bipolar Disorder.

20. TheFox

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My bi-cycle has been tipped to the 'female' side for years now. To the point that my friends are joking that I must be a lesbian. :expressionless: I think I might just not prefer cis hetero man. It might change, but 7 years seems quite long.