1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video game ever played?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by crimsonarcher, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Choucho

Has anyone here ever played God Of War either 1 or 2? People have said it's the best game they've ever played, but I've never played it myself.
    I really like Tales Of The Abyss for PS2, but the side quests can get really tiresome. Especially if you miss something then you have to start the 70-90+ hour game over again, or just complete it, start a new game with the complete file and just do that one quest. And some things can only be achieved on the second play through.
    In my opinion though, the story, unlockable costumes, and some of the over limit attacks make up for it.

2. I have a [bootleg] copy of the first God of War.
    Erm...in my opinion, it's not as fun as everyone says. I got tired of it after approximately...fifteen to twenty hours...?

3. CrimsonThunder

4. Blasphemer! Although...ripping those medusae in half was pretty amusing...THE FIRST FIFTY TIMES.

5. CrimsonThunder

LIES! All of GOW was awesome. I've finished both games and I rarely finish games these days!

6. Bah! You're impossible! :grin:
    Have you, perchance, ever played Devil May Cry?

7. CrimsonThunder

Like once at a friends house, I need to buy them tho!

8. Buy only the first and third games. The second is not worth anyone's time.

9. CrimsonThunder

The new ones coming out soon, only on PS3 I think tho.

10. Oh yeah...unfortunately for Sony, many gamers do not live like aristocrats.

I don't think the fourth game focuses on Dante, though. That's too bad.

11. CrimsonThunder

Dante was pretty hot IMO.

But Mario, hes my man!

12. :tantrum: Not even Link?!

13. CrimsonThunder

I luff him too. :grin:

14. Choucho

Well, if we're going to Wal Mart anytime this weekend I was going to get my mom to get me God Of War, it seems about the only decent game they have in there. But knowing them, they probably only have number two, is it one of those games where it won't make sense at all without playing the first one?
    I think I know most of the stuff from the first one anyway, I spent an hour or two last night watching videos on youtube of the cutscenes.

15. CrimsonThunder

Its more enjoyable playing it in chronological order, but it doesn't matter.

16. mark

mark Guest

This is a tough question. Id have to say Kingdom Hearts. But close seconds are Get Grind Radio, FFX, Super Smash Bros, Pikmin, and Sly Cooper 2

17. crimsonarcher

Starocean- Till The End of Time!!!
    [​IMG]

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You should probably play the first one so you can appreciate how great of a sequel the second one is. Plus, it'll help the second one make more sense.

As for my greatest game ever... gah! They're all too good!

Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
    God of War 2 (PS2)
    World of Warcraft (Mac/PC)

19. nolousolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  20. Tom

Tom Guest

ok where to begin...

well my dp says the first has 2 b FFVII, next to tht erm its close, warhammer 40k dawn of war is an amazin game, so is age of mythology gold edition, FFIX is just as gd as them two, medievil total war: viking invasion is probs just a lil lower in the ranks thn the others but black n white + creature isle + black and white 2 are also amazin! red faction 2 one of my older games but i stil play it, alot erm primal gd game, FFX and X-2 are decant ish, in my opinion too easy tho and can only truly be completed by using an instant kill atttack on penance wich ruins it, i want a proper fight with him! devil may cry, also amazin games and GOW i love em. recently i started playin on an internet game called rakion its annoying with windows vista but its a amazin game takes u like 5 years 2 lvl up even when u just start so u can tell u can get alot of enjoyment from smashin other ppls head in while u earn exp might get tedious afa a while but as of yet it aint and how cud i forget halo and halo 2!!!!!! they r amazin and enchanted arms, not played on it much but i need 2 spend more time on it!

ok my final list will have 2 be:
    1 FFVII
    2 FF IX
    3 Age of empires 2, the conquerors expansion
    4 Black and white
    5 black abd white creature isle and black and white 2
    6 dawn of war
    7 rakion
    8 FFX
    9 red faction 2
    10 age of mythology, the titans

well thats my top 10, id have very few problems getting this upto my top 100

#120 Tom, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007