1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video game ever played?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by crimsonarcher, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ah! I just saw that. Did you play the first and third from the series?

2. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, from my icon, those who have played it, I bet you can guess my favorite is Final Fantasy IX. It was the first one I played in the series, and to me it has been the best.

3. Nerdtendo

Legend of Zelda: Ocraina of Time and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask both tie together in a close second, but the Number One game has to be Super Mario World 64. ...and it's also third. Thats how much it pwns.

4. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Um Jammer Lammy is like this 2D Playstation game and you're like I dunno, some form of animal, whose dream it is to become a famous rock star via guitar playing. Before she can become an awesome guitarist though she has to go through all these tasks where she like feeds babies milk by playing baby bottles like a guitar, she helps cut down trees by playing a chainsaw like a guitar, puts out fires, flies planes. All using random items you would definetely not play like a guitar. It's like that new Guitar hero game only you don't have a guitar in your hands, just the regular controller and it's a shit load better than guitar hero. *Can't stand guitar hero*

It's a really addictive game lol.

Fatal Frame is called Project Zero in Aus ^_^ I think I played a bit of no.1 and even less of no.3, Crimson Butterfly is by far my favourite though. The other two didn't keep my attention. Me and my friend were so happy when we got the ending where she kills her sister lol. That bitch was always standing creepily behind you and limping too slowly and when we'd hold up the camera she'd always wind up in our faces and scare the shit out of us lol.

I've played Silent Hill as well but the only things I remember from it are the immense fog and a school.

5. Haha! Sadistic sister! I guess the second has the best storyline, though.
    I just didn't like the gameplay because of the extremely slow reloading time for the weakest film type. And the frequency of the ghosts. Bah!
    I only could play a Japanese copy of it, and at the time, I didn't understand Japanese at all. So...I got a little frustrated when Mayu wandered off into the darkness and kept saying, "Nee-chan! Nee-chan! Nee-chan!" I suppose I should give it another try since I actually understand a bit more Japanese...hm...
    I think I only liked the third game because there's a crazy old ghost who pushes a shopping cart...as a weapon.

That's basically all Silent Hill is. Haha...just kidding.
    If you ever consider playing the Silent Hill games again, I personally suggest you play the second and the third. The first and the fourth are kind of...not good.

6. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol, I haven't had a chance to play 3 properly yet, my friend was playing it when I got to her house once but we did something else so I didn't see much of it. I usually play scary games with my two friends and we haven't had a games night for ages so I'll have to put Project Zero 3 and Silent Hill on the list.

7. You should! Project Zero 3/Fatal Frame 3 has a lot more "BOO!" moments, so be sure to be prepared for that. And Silent Hill 2 was definitely worth playing because of all its sexual innuendos. Pyramid Head? Yarrright...Silent Hill 3 has bleeding walls that are awesome. Anyway...

8. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hear those games are really scary. Are they?

9. Time

The Sims 2 :grin:

10. They're scary in their respective styles.
    The Silent Hill games have gruesome and twisted imagery incorporated in their storylines. There are multiple puzzles, and the ones in the third one are especially difficult to solve. (That Shakespeare one...WTF?!) The games just have an overall atmosphere of encroaching fear...it's great. In other words, you're constantly expecting something to jump out, but in most cases, nothing does. But it's good. Yeah.

The Project Zero/Fatal Frame games have an innovative "battle system" that involves...um...taking photos of ghosts. (It's scarier/better than it sounds.) The puzzles are much easier to solve, and there are many more "NEED-TO-RUN" moments in the PZ/FF games than in Silent Hill. Also, you're playing an innocent, harmless Japanese girl/woman for most/all of the games, so you need to really get into that type of mindset. Like MissyJ158 said (or so I heard), the second one is probably the best (of the three that are currently out) because of its storyline. The twin sacrifice -- that's really bizarre.

But yeah. You should borrow/rent games instead of listening to my ranting.
    I recommend the second and third games from the Silent Hill series and the first and second from the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series.

What also helps is playing the games with headphones on. And dim lighting.
    If you do, you'll probably get the pants scared off of you. Well, maybe not.
    They're really disturbing though.

11. Pyro

I'm really adicted to WoW right now... but as a serious gamer i can't decide the farest can go is to put them by gender

RPG: Star Wars: KOTOR (xbox)
    MMORPG: World of Warcraft (Mac)
    FPS: Halo(2) (Xbox) and UT 2004 (PC)
    Adventure: The legend of Zelda (Nes/Famicom) and TLOZ Wind waker (gamecube)
    Strategy: Medieval 2: Total War (PC)
    Beat'em Up: DBZ: Budokai tenkaichi 2 (wii) and SSB (GameCube)
    Racing: Forza 2 Motorsport (xbox 360)
    Tycon: Sim City 4 (PC)
    Platforms (tough): New Super Mario Bros: (DS)

12. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The suspense in Project Zero is great lol I love it, even when you KNOW something is going to leap out at you it scares the shit out of me and my friends. Like I said before, I walked into my friends place when she was just going down this corridor on PZ3 and she knew she had to look through this hole in the wall but we both knew what was going to happen, and we still argued over who was going to do it, so I did it then threw the remote at her when some ghost peeked back at us lol. Having said that it's easy to grow immune to the ghosts on there. The grudge woman was creepy though... And the one that broke it's neck falling down the stairs... And was it just me that it happened to (it only ever happened once after we did a certain order of things) but there seemed to be this pointless room and there were these 3 little brat children ghosts running around in there! I swear getting rid of them was harder than the last ghost you have to fight!

We played PZ2 in the light of a candle lol. And omg I just remembered, my sense of direction is so bad and my other friends refused to play it, they wanted me to do all the scary stuff so my friend got so desperate she wrote "N,NE,E,SE,S,SW,W,NW" and arrows all over the tv screen with lipstick :roflmao:

13. Torture

Torture Guest

All of the Resident Evil games.

14. Wait...you mean the woman who died in a collapsing house -- whose ghost you see in a crawlspace? Even though you know that there's going to be a ghost there, it's still pretty freaky to see a ghost strangling you with no fast means of escape. Why can't Miku crawl more quickly!?

Oh. The ghost girls who try to stab you with stakes?
    I know! Seriously! Those little bastards can fly through walls and appear behind you...and all you have is the Camera Obscura. Ugh!

Your friends sound rather...odd...:lol:

15. Emile

Emile Guest

For me it's Donkey Kong Country 1/2/3 (on SNES) and Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas.

16. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :confused: oh my, that sounds very creepy, I never saw that ghost, it must have been in a part that I wasn't around for. By grudge lady I mean the ghost that crawls out of the box in some house... I dunno, she's just creepy. The one that broke her neck, you go down a huge stair case and then just as you get to the bottom this ghost falls from the top and breaks it's neck ugh *shivers down spine* it was gross XP

17. Oh!! I think I know what you're talking about...in the second game? That really was creepy. But luckily, when you see that ghost, you're really close to a door right?

Hm...I don't remember the neck-breaking ghost....I should probably play the games again.

18. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Has anyone played this game??? Its called Forbidden Siren.. its scaaaaary:tears: :eek: , I stopped playing coz it was too scary, or i jus cunt b asked.

Heres a link o a cutscene from da game http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l0rNEis8OsY

19. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ummmm donkey kong............. - does that count

20. MusicIsMyBoyfriend

For me it would have to be Final fantasy VIII. It's such a great game with an amazing cast of characters.