1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being bullied constantly

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by George1, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i get bullied heaps at school also and on my school special bus becuase im short and skinny. i get called heaps of bad names like poof blonde bimbo, spastic, justin fronm queer as folk etc etc. kids also make fun of my stutter and i cant read and write very well either so have to repeat 11th year again next year. i should really be in a special school but mum and dad say its best if i go to a normal high school and its better this year also because my 13yo brother goes with me also to my school also
    i dont get punched that much but some kids pick me up by my tie and think they are smart because they can see me eye to eye then.
    i no how you feel inthecloset and feel sorry for you also. i dont tell mum and dad much about it at school about the things that happen but william my brother some times tells them and then they say jayden what happen today and dad gets cranky sort of becuase i wont say much to him about it. if i had a really bad day at school or on the bus some times i have burst in to tears for no reason in bed at night

2. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)
    Thank you all for the words of support. It feels so good knowing I'm not alone..

---​

beckyg: My parents aren't all exited for the prospect of sueing the school since we'd probably lose on the grounds of my retaliations when it's gotten too much.
    I've been seeing a therapist, but the 'tactics' they gave me just didn't work. I too have read the stuff on standing up straight and being proud of who you are, and people just don't give a damn.

By the way I'm located in Melbourne and if even if the organization is on the other side of the city I'll find a way over. Thanks so much for the offer. *hugs*

Jim1454: I've been keeping some logs on my laptop about what's been happening at night before I go to bed. Really it's just a way to help me sleep but lately it hasn't been working.
    In actual fact, I'm considering to pass them onto a counselor who could then call the school and give them the whole 'oh he's psychologically destroyed' talk.

I definantly have no intentions of going to the media with this - I don't want the attention. Nor do I want the school to get up my back even after I possibly leave.

I tried resilience. 8 months of straight ignoring or throwing back in their faces and it didn't work. I eventually cracked. :tears:

*hugs EC Daddy* I'll be sure to post updates.

Hehe and thanks. xD I found this avatar on a random image search for 'gay kiss'... I loved it. <3

winter89: I know I'm not ugly, but these assholes have really made everyone think I am. And my 'friends' going on about it doesn't do much good either.

surfrboykai: The problem is if I piss off the higher up people in the school they'll probably be really bitchy about it and give my family shit (aka calling my parents constantly trying to get them to call off the police). And I really am not up to that amount of stress..

Ilayis: Someone who was giving me so much shit once ended up nearly fainting from the amount of air I made him loose (aka I punched the crap out of the ****er). That went around the school and only kept the bullies at bay temporarily. >_<;

SpikySpice: I'm nervous about moving schools though.. 'Cause if it turns out to be packed with snobs (especially the homophobic kind) then I'd wanna stay right away.
    And for me making friends isn't as easy as it is for other people. I'm somewhat shy, but mostly it's because I'm worried too much of what others think of me.

surfrboykai: Well from what I've heard from friends in the US, California and Florida are very gay-friendly states (well in the main cities anyway). Here in Australia, it's more of a thing of the government (as John Howard has actually stated to the entire country) not liking gays, not allowing civil unions or anything like that, and even saying that they have no plans on making Australia more gay-friendly. :dry: It's sorta like 'we hate you but you can live here anyway'

jayden: (*hug*) I actually stopped catching the bus because of copping heaps of shit on it. I seriously hope those assholes get what's coming to them.

---​

So next week school finishes, and I'm going to go on a spending spree the first half of the holidays having a complete makeover! :lol: I've actually been planing this since July and I'm so glad I'm going to have a chance to make it happen. I've got some fashion-conscious friends who could help me out too! ^-^
    So far I have on my list to do:
    • Hair restyle (going to go goldenish brown)
    • New clothes (5 shirts, 2 jackets and 1 pair of pants)
    • Facial/manicure
    • Teeth whitening
    • New glasses

I might post a pic of me soon so you can see how much I need the makeover lol. Thankfully money isn't an issue since I am going to be taking money out of my savings account, but transport will be. Probably I'll catch a train into the city. There's a station somewhat close to my local shopping precinct.

Hopefully instead of hitting me people will wanna hit ON me now! [/corny joke]

3. good luck shopping! have fun!:thumbsup:

4. Jim1454

Well that sounded more positive! Have fun on your break!

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Have fun shopping and post pictures!

6. SadConfusedBandGeek

OMG :'(

I just wanna help you so bad! I know how it feels to be called by a fag, even by just one person :frowning2:

I'm not really sure how it feels cause i live in a gay friendly area, but i really do feel for you and i care bout u, even tho i dont know you.

But i didn't really have time to read all the other posts so sorry if this has been said, but why dont you ask your parents if you can switch schools? or If it is as bad as it sounds, maybe even ask if you can move, because it honestly sounds like this could cause serious problems for you later in life and you need to get out of there!!

I really hope everything works out <3
    Good luck

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe thanks! I'm looking up different clothes online so I know what styles to look for!
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Essentially my makeover is to make people think 'holy crap this guy is hot!'

I might get some... 'Gay' clothes too just to drop hints at the guy I like (who I swear is gay in denial).

---​

SadConfusedBandGeek: Thanks *hugs* We're considering moving schools.. Dunno yet. And thankfully my area is generally fine (well we're moving to a real private area in a few months anyway).

---​

One thing I forgot to say before with schools, the reason we're so reluctant to move schools is because next year I move to my school's senior campus (the school is quite large so they have two campuses), and apparently everyone settles down nearly immediately when they start going there. Plus there's all the idiots who are dropping out so that's a major plus. So I'm probably going to try and survive until next year, see how things go (the teachers at the other campus are generally better too) and hopefully things will work out.

8. SpikySpice

Hooray ;icon_bigg, well, at least that is the spirit:slight_smile:

Well, sometiems be carefull with gay clotehs tho, some idiot straight peopel are allergic to them

I hope things will be better for you, please take care(*hug*)

9. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks SpikeySpice! ^_^ I'm not going to get gay gay clothes.. Just something fashionable to make him think 'hey he knows fashion!' :wink:

10. pete92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jayden was telling me about this thread on the phone. It seems to be a bit of a problem at our school and on our bus. Also our bus picks up other schools and there can be friction there too.
    The bigger guys always like the pick on the smaller guys. Some of the girls are just as bad. Jayden is pretty tough though. He's been through a lot but always seems to pick himself up again after these bullies have had a go at him.

11. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I've heard all about it. It's quite horrible what goes on buses, after having caught a really horrible one for two years. I've been somewhat like Jayden in the past too - being smacked down, picking myself up again, but I've reached that point where I'm just emotionally dead.

Well hope things go well for you and Jayden!

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *sigh*
    Things took a turn for the worse the past few days.

I'm seriously being driven to the point of instability here. >_< I've been getting hounded quite a bit more than usual the past couple of days and it's really starting to annoy me.

I'm beginning to have all the gay crap start up again. On Monday this guy on the bus was "hitting" on me.. More just trying to piss me off. :dry: I'm so ****ing sick of morons who like to tease me in those ways.

And worst of all I'm sick again!!!!!!! My tonsils are the size of watermelons, I keep getting close to fainting and I can hardly think of school without being close to puking up.

One of my so called 'friends' is still telling people I'm gay, and I'm still getting heaps of homophobia from another guy..

:bang: ****ING CATHOLIC SCHOOL!!!!!!! :bang:

o(x_x)o Please excuse my outbursts of frustration. I'm at the end of my tether. It's just a matter of days before something in my brain snaps.

13. Tom

Tom Guest

the outbursts are fine in this situation, and hope the make over actually does something to improve ur situation, i cant really tell you how 2 cope with this cus nothing like it has ever happened to me. i get the whole guys dont like turning there backs to me and pickin somet up off the floor but its never any bullying lukily, the previous posts are gd advice tho and the defence classes i did 9 years of judo and ppl could tell with my attitude, the fact i could lift more than almost anyone else in the pe class eventho im quite short and dont look muscular, i also did rugby and ppl were scared of tackeling me cus i cud put so much power in so get back 2 them classes! it mite take a few years for the muscles showing noticeably but they will, and tht normally intimidates bullies, if u can hurt em then they find easier targets.

and remember if the schools being a bitch, be a bitch back is what im gona say. they dont want cops involved then give cops the list of what has happened to you, any physical evidence u have such as bruises could be good and if charges are brought against ppl then they will resent you but they wont do anythin with the fear of having a criminal record and the school will have 2 do something because eventho i dont live in aus and know the laws i do know that if the school has students that are having charges brought against em then it will look bad for them and every school hates that. and every time the higher up staff in the school says dont involve police just reply with " i wont involve police when i am not physically and mentally abused in this school, sir" dont say it spitefully tho, be polite else it cud be bad for u.

14. ethene

yeah if youre gay in catholic school that really sucks.
    i am also in one, and of course i preferred previous one which was created for open-minded,
    multi-national people, and homophobia wouldn't be allowed there. but my parents decided to move me to the catholic school, and i can imagine being called one day to heads office and finding out that i was thrown out of the school because of promoting unhealthy social models or something.

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :wink: Trust me.. I can be a mega bitch. I'm going to wait until I have a large stockpile of evidence on my computer (photos, vids, recordings, etc) and then send it off in an ANONYMOUS email to the police. The school won't know what's hit them.

The only problem is not much is going to happen to my situation until then.. And as far as I know I might end up with a broken leg or arm.. As what has happened to a few people this year.

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's meant to be an 'open minded' school, but in actual fact most of the students are close minded (the school counselor actually told me for my safety to stay in the closet), and even staff like to throw around a few jokes, and about half the time they're targeting a student. :dry:

Needless to say, my school seriously has issues.

17. neverover

u r 14,still 3 yr ahead to thru this. u had friends right? have them to record their bullying. go to the court after the handicam disk is full.or maybe, when u go to highs, u could change ur attitude to more im-not-gay. spread the words that ur back to 'normal'. u can pretend to be str8, and come out again in college. u cant be who-u-r, but at least ur safe. if i were,this is what i do.more acts of rebellion only caused it to be more fun for them

18. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here in Australia we don't have the middle school/high school stuff.. We just have a single high school from year 7-12. Then University. My school is so large they've split it up to two campuses.. Junior and senior.

Thankfully at the senior campus people have more room to be themselves, and here's heaps of gay guys there who don't get bullied anymore.

I'm just hoping the same happens to me..

19. CrimsonThunder

Aww babe. *hugs* You never even told me about this shit on msn. I haven't been here for a while, talk to me on there when you come on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I suggest changing to a different school, that school is obviously a peice of crap. And I can say that not all catholic schools are a bad place to be if your gay. I went to one and there was heaps of gay/bi/lesbian people and we were never harassed by it! But not every school is like that, sadly. (we were a close group).

I got harassed at work by some guy (You probably remember this) and he got cut down to just 2/1 shifts a week (why he didn't get fired is beyond me) but hes got sick of getting no money so hes quitting and going to a new job. :thumbsup: so there is hope out there for everyone!

And, your not ugly. ;P

20. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *hugs* I've been avoiding MSN like the plague quite a bit lately..

And the problem is that the only good schools here are all religious. @_@ But there's one which isn't, however it's horribly overpriced and full of snobs.

Sadly the people who bully me aren't being punished.. :dry: The head of campus actually said that to me basically.
    And they're not leaving the school any time soon..

>.< And I so am ugly.