1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction to a "type"

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rana, Feb 10, 2018.

1. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You just hit the nail on the head!

2. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yikes! That's me -- unable to articulate wants and needs. Part of it, I think, is a willingness to go with the flow of whatever comes along. The other side is the fear of making a decision, or taking a stand, and the dread of hurting anyone's feelings.

Thanks signmypapyrus for mentioning that.

3. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am beginning to think that these are some of the reasons why we prefer to maintain the status quo/remain in a closet/be in denial.

signmypapyrus and SevnButton like this.
  4. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad! I have three big things that I want, the primary one being patience-- my future partner being patient and myself being patient. It's something I realized I won't and can't budge on for various reasons. I kind of wrote on it elsewhere, but just due to some things that happened when I was really young, that's something that I need and want. I've realized, most people are not patient, or maybe, they don't know what they want. That's okay, though.

For a potential partner, if someone wants to be with you, you can't be fearful of hurting their feelings. I'm not saying to be cruel or mean, but if there is something that you want or need, to let them know (ex. I prefer starting out as friends). I realize that's easier said than done, though.

Her cat likes this.
  5. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have barely had the chance to read over this thread. I do not know if I have a specific type since I realized a few months ago that I am most likely bisexual. I say that because growing up I did find some girls cute, but not to the point where I wanted to ask them out on a date. I am not sure if there was really a catalyst. I mean perhaps the catalyst would be the girl I am currently interested in because she is one I would actually like to get to know and develop a relationship with.

I do not know if my type can be narrowed down to a detailed description because I do not have a favorite hair color on women and other physical attributes. I think what drew me into the girl I am interested in is that she seemed to talk to everyone. However, when we first met she tried talking to me and I would get shy/butterflies. I sort of felt bad because she was really trying to talk, but she was also sort of reserved. We talk more now and get along very well.

Thinking about her, I guess I prefer a girl that is somewhat reserved and can open up when we get to know each other more. I honestly do not like partying, and I prefer to go out together or stay in sometimes. A party here and there would be alright, but I guess I do not like crazy girls that get drunk. I guess another thing would be that I cannot see myself dating a butch, but that is probably because she is not one.

6. korosanbo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From I can tell, a lot of people think they have a type they're attracted to, but it's good to keep an open mind and not stick to this type only
    I've always thought I had a type, however, the guy I ended up marrying is totally different than what I used to think was my "type"
    So, in the end, it's always good to experiment, since sometimes, you might find yourself falling in love with someone you wouldn't normally approach as they would be the opposite of your so-called type

signmypapyrus and dirtyshirt84 like this.
  7. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looks have never been an important factor to me, personality means a lot to me. I find all kinds of women attractive, and it's impossible to really pin down a type. I currently have huge crushes on Carrie Brownstein and Kelly Clarkson. The girls I have dated all look very different but I found them beautiful each in their own way. Maybe if I was dating now, I'd find my tastes have changed... I don't know.

8. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like guys and girls that are good looking and really nice.

9. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even though I've never officially dated guys before because I am still mostly closeted.

10. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weird question

I was on the bus and saw this soft butch looking woman that I was insanely attracted to, except she had a massive wedding ring on. Anyway, I tried not to stare, but I realized I’m weirdly attracted to women who don’t have plucked eyebrows. After that incredibly weird realization, I wondered, does anyone else have any strange quirks that do it for them?

11. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt it would be "strange" but a guy with dark hair and a beard is my kryptonite big time. Add tattoos, and I'm in love........

12. Dotwork

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dark hair and dark eyes always catches my attention especially if they have a slightly darker skin too :heart_eyes: Good shouts with Gal Gadot and Sarah Shahi. In fact, the very first episode I ever saw of the L Word when I was a baby 22 year old was the Carmer/Shane lap dance. My head almost expoloded . Oh and don’t forget about Helena but then also had a little thing for Alice which completely contradicts what I just wrote lol.
    Having said that, it’s usually once I get to know someone that the real attraction creeps up on me...always unexpectedly too. For example I currently have a little crush on a blonde blue eyed woman who’s quite a bit older than me...go figure...
    Also I have noticed that I tend to like women who are quietly confident, they can hold their own but aren’t in your face either. I tend to get really intimidated by mega loud women, even though I tend to find that a lot of that is a front anyway:shrug:

signmypapyrus likes this.
  13. signmypapyrus

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmm I like quiet, confident older women. Usually they’re smarter, been there, done that.

You’re very right!

14. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    100% relate to this, seems to almost always happen to me this way with women