At the risk of starting a catfight.... I'm voting republican because...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But, see - you knew that. Now, without looking, tell me about any of his proposed policies.

Lex

2. RedState

No, not really. When I talk about healthcare...I am talking about the actual treatment/care administered to the patient.

The healthcare INDUSTRY, as you correctly point out, consists of many different aspects.

In the United States, the quality of care has never been the main culprit. It has been the ability to pay for that care. It has been the cost of coverage and the ability to get coverage at all.

Lex is right, the system is broken because voters are broken. We are just as much to blame because for years we demanded an "ain't we got fun!" government. We wanted everything in the world out of government....but we really didn't want to pay for it, and congress didn't want to cut anything.

I comically quote H.L. Mencken when he said: "The biggest argument against democracy is 5 minutes alone with the average voter"

Boy, wouldn't he have had a field day if he were alive today.

3. Shevanel

Aha! I actually did know some of them at some point. But right now, at a time when I have had little to no sleep in the past 24 hours, I am not in a position to remember the correct shtuff. But I do remember that I did not like what I saw at the time.

And at the risk of you thinking I'm lying to be "different" than the norm, I truly am not. There seriously was a time when I knew of his policies. And how he was the solid front runner before his "Byah!". But honestly, I'm glad his major contribution at this point is Byah, because I use that term very often. Plus, thank God for Dave Chappelle.

#43 Shevanel, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Do you honestly want the market to completely run your life?

5. Shevanel

And hence political parties were born. Sadly they weren't aborted. (political parties, not you people >_>)

6. Nomad187

I actually got the statistics from The World Health Organization and sorry but you are number 37 and France is number one. sorry to burst your bubble

7. RedState

Rather have that then the government...because at least in the open market the People have some say so in what works...not the government. I mean, jeez, they can barley deliver the mail.

I'll take a businessman who is crooked over government any day of the week.

At least a businessman will steal from you directly, instead of sending the IRS to do it for him.

8. RedState

If you had to deal with any agency involving the US Federal Government on a daly basis, you would would probably feel the same way.

As a comical example, an inspector-general's recent report showed that the Government issued 89,000 stimulus checks (totaling millions of dollars) to dead people. To some people's credit, almost half were sent back...but I wonder where the other half of the dead spent their money?

So, you can understand why some of us are very concerned about the idea of the bumbling Federal Government taking control over our healthcare.

#48 RedState, Oct 8, 2010
  9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The political split in our country really is a large part of the foundation. Without them we just wouldn't be the same.

However, now we have such a wide-split it's nearly impossible to compromise. THIRD PARTY PLEASE
    This is why I can never trust what a republican says about health care because every single one has lies in their heads.

I am voting Republican because when someone I know gets cancer, I want them to be kicked off their insurance for not controlling the inevitable. (Which is now illegal by the way, thanks to the Democrats, and was opposed by Republicans.)

#49 Lady Gaga, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
  10. RedState

Umm. sorry...I just don't think you know exactly what you are talking about.

But, a good try none-the-less.

Come back and talk to me when you start paying Federal Income Taxes. You may have a different 'tude.

How get a thrill every quarter when I have to write a check for my estimated income.

At least the last person to rob me had the decency to wear a mask.

#50 RedState, Oct 8, 2010
  11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that actually happened here too, but i do concede your political system seems a bit more naturally frustrating than ours... only a little bit more, mind you.

yes but that's the very point i was trying to make, concentrating on nothing but the scant moments that someone is actually being treated by a healthcare professional, one single facet of this much bigger issue, at worst is non sequitur and completely unproductive. At best it's just playing semantics.

12. RedState

Once you start having to PAY for the system you actually advocate...you may not believe in it anymore.

Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

13. RedState

>>>I'm voting republican because I want people who have cancer kicked off insurance..or something like that.

Well...I'm voting Democratic because I am an under-acheiver and want everyone else to take take care of me...and refuse to take responsibility for my own actions...and all those bad rich people that provide jobs are just...well..nasty...so screw them. All those nasty evil rich people that create jobs are the cause of my problems because I am a dead beat and wont get off my ass to work for a living so I expect those that do to keep me up.

There...See how easy that is?

#53 RedState, Oct 8, 2010
  14. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I will GLADLY pay taxes so I could..you know..LIVE.
    What you said makes no sense. What does democrats have to do with taking care of someone who is not as successful? Because they want free health care? Oh no! People should die because they aren't smart. That sounds so much better. Thank you, for turning me to the republican way.

The downfall of capitalism is that not everyone can take advantage of the system and be successful. Some people just are smart enough. Some people don't has the same opportunities. Are we going to punish them for the inevitable? No.

I just love how you are supporting a party that hates you and wants you to just vanish off the planet, with false and just down right morally-wrong comments.

15. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i can certainly see how warped it is.

16. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

Your reasoning is fallacious because:

a) No one 'creates' job out of charity. Entrepreneurs NEED employees to keep the ball rolling and have a product to sell. And when they don't need them anymore (either because they want to reduce costs or they can replace people with machines), they fire them.

b) Therefore, if people could choose between being a businessman or an employee, everyone would pick the former. Who would like to earn less, work more and on top of that run the risk of getting fired any time (I'm talking about your idyllic free market society where there's no governmental protection)?

c) So, there's problem. Some people are born poor, can't afford higher education and therefore can't apply to top jobs, let alone put up a company. During the mid-Twentieth Century social mobility was more flexible and it was relatively more possible for a low/middle class person to gradually get higher positions (paradoxically, it was a context of that strong governmental investment that you find as the root of all evil). But nowadays the situation is quite different.

d) If people are born poor, can't afford high education and therefore their job possibilities are reduced to unstable and badly paid positions, they're unlikely to be able to pay for health insurance.

By calling people who can't afford health insurance "lazy asses", you're not only making a terribly distorted analysis of a social reality, but you're being totally disrespectful.

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the illusion of equal opportunity is perpetuated by this cultural cult that 'this is america and it is the very basis of our foundation'. The fact that the supporting systems behind actual equal opportunity have long since eroded into a cruel and callous system where ruthlessness is rewarded and compassion costs time and money doesn't seem to register with a vast number of people. it doesn't actually exist. people are born into thralldom to their socio-economic mire, and it's a very difficult swamp to struggle out of and escape.

18. RedState

Jesus Christ people....I was simply saying how easy it is to throw political nonsense around.

Do Republicans want people that have cancer completely denied heath coverage? No. Anyone that says so is simply full of shit.
    Every Male in my family has died of cancer, so I certainly don't believe in that.

Is everyone who thinks of themselves as a Democrat a deadbeat and expect society to take care of them? No (expect Pelosi maybe). It's called a SARCASTIC COMPARISON. I suggest some LOOK INTO IT.

Get a grip people.

#58 RedState, Oct 8, 2010
  19. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Sarcasm doesn't work online unless you say so.

Also, what I said was completely true. Until very recently, people could get kicked off (and denied) health insurance for cancer (and any other disease for that matter), it all depends on how good their coverage was.

My aunt was kicked off health insurance because she got breast cancer, her health insurance provided by her job was horrible. Then she died. Thanks, for saying that's completely false and "full of shit" bamaboy.

Look up what you're saying before you say it. Because if you don't, you will look..well, how you look right now.

20. RedState

So...how is that the Republicans fault? All 4 of my grandparents died of cancer...every uncle on my father's side died of cancer, my own dad has fought bladder cancer...soo? I guess I should blame that on...the Republicans?? Are you serious?