1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Likable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Yosia

You tell me :3

2. Mickz

I think so, I have a good sense of humor, I don't judge, I'm loyal to a fault and I'm always good at putting a smile on people's faces even when its at my own expense :slight_smile:

3. Gen

Gen

Honestly, I am in no position to determine this myself. I'll just let the people speak for themselves...

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that I'm likable, because mostly I am very outspoken, or I can look very cold and serious as they refer to 'rude, mad'. Where I live people do not like people with their own strong personal opinions on things... I am who I am, and I don't go kissing someones ass like other people do, I don't care about being popular or whatever. Folks seem to hate it, somehow.

5. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    people say am easy to talk to like down to earth so I guess I am most of the time .

6. ForeverYoung000

Yess. Just because...I'm myself around people and some say I'm funny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would say that allot of what you said was likable you care you passionate about issues you have a voice and you use it to your advantage .

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I am likeable and most people seem to warm to me, although I've had my critics.

9. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I am likable, perhaps only a bit, but people tell me otherwise. I don't know. :icon_bigg

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say yes, though I can be very sarcastic, blunt and eccentric.

But I try not to be arrogant. One thing that really bothers me in people is when they think they're so brilliant, and always act as if to remind you of it because they have to be right. I try to guard against this know-it-all syndrome, and have some humility.

11. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your opinion. :slight_smile:

12. cuppycake

Would you consider yourself likable?
    Yep. I'm a sweet kitten who purrs and enjoys attention, at least until it decides it's too much and starts clawing and hissing, lol.

If so, what about you makes you likable?
    My personality, and my ability to cheer people up and make them feel safe (if they ever decide to count on me for protection). My lightheartedness and my lack of shame. My quick, honest replies and my wide point of view.

And if not, what do you think the reason is?
    Well, like I already said, I think I'm rather likable. But there are people whose definition of 'likable' is different from mine, so the reasons why people would NOT find me likable are:
    I'm too much of an airhead. I forget a lot, and I tend to offend people like that. I'm short-tempered, and sometimes I get pissed off for no reason at all. I tend to become cold, due to my lack of interest in people I've known for a long time, so be full of surprises, otherwise I get bored ^^' . I'm narcissistic and prideful. I'm also not really romantic, and I can't get 'the hint' if something's wrong. I can say the meanest words ever and I wouldn't even know they hurt you, because my mind functions pretty simply - I need to be told in a straightforward manner what's wrong, because I lack the ability to 'guess' and 'feel'. So, yeah - I'm dumb, keep that in mind.

Do others perceive you as likable, or at least potentially so?
    As I mentioned, people have different interests. Those who are interested in a similar personality to mine, would find me likable. Those who are looking for something different will find me rather ... detestable.

13. LiquidSwords

I like to think so? I don't really make enemies like, so don't think I'm very hateable ha. I can make friends with people when I want to mostly and I tend to get on with people in general so, maybe

14. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I think the answer is a bit binary for me. I am likeable when I want to be, I can listen, be charming and personable, while always finding a way to connect with someone I meet.

At th same time, I think I am a pretty good judge of character, and if my alarms start to ring to the negative when I meet someone, I can be quite intense.

15. antibinary

No. I'm stubborn, and have something to say about everything. My friends are in one of 3 categories, a)forced to work together (friendship through aid) b) feel sorry for me because I'm a loner and invite me i. (Friendship through sympathy.) Or c) friends of friends or Mum's friends's children. I can't think of a single friend that doesn't fit into one of these categories. It's ridiculous. However, most of my friends find that I'm nice enough once you put the effort in and get to know me. Also, I'm not particularly social, and don't have the skills or confidence to know HOW to get new friends as I wait for others to initiate contact. This makes me a bit annoying as, once I establish a friendship, I cling to it like a lifeline. It's ridiculous. So if you want to be my friends, you're going to have to stay my friends.

16. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

If I'm my normal self yes of course, but if I'm nervous then I seem like a cold mofo.

17. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I like to think I am as I tend to be a people pleaser (something I am trying to change). But really it doesnt matter as people either like me or they dont.

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope... :dry:

19. orangecrushed

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think so. I'm a bit shy, so sometimes I come across as aloof, but once people get to know me, they generally like me.

20. Fandom obsessed

Probably not. No one ever talks to me to find out if I'm likeable. I am likable I perceive myself as a nice person and I love myself, and anyone who gives me a chance loves me. But I guess I just look uninteresting or unlikable IDK.