1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are stretch marks a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by JustinRandom, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleCrab

I Love stretch marks. Any scars, tattoos, piercings, really. While most people are not shallow enough to be stopped by them, I'm the type of freak who loves them...

What's so nice about a plain smooth young body anyway? Gotta have some scars, wrinkles, marks..! They show you've lived and that there's more to you than just your pretty eyes.

My views is, every one of those marks have an history of their own. Getting to know somebody is a little bit like opening a book... and when I open a book, I prefer when it's full of good stuff, huge and preferably, never ends (because more gets added to it). I don't mean I like people to be obese though; just, that it shows they have lived.

2. SundayGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have struggled with a negative body image for years. Part of that is to do with my stretch-marks - I went through a growth spurt in my late teens and got them on my hips and thighs. I don't know why, I have always just been extremely self-conscious of them and felt the need to hide them. Swimsuits are the hardest part for me. :icon_redf

Thankfully I am slowly learning to deal with this negative self-image and to accept and even embrace my stretch-marks. But I certainly wouldn't want to be rejected because of them, especially not by someone I cared enough to reveal them to in the first place. It would take me a long time to recover.

So, the answer is no - I would not consider this a deal breaker at all. Let us love our stretch-marks and live happily ever after! :eusa_danc

3. the frizz

No way!

Attached Files:

4. ameliawesome

exactly what i was going to say. and stretch marks are so common that if somebody really intends to inspect every potential lover for stretch marks then they're going to be pretty lonely. i used to be sensitive about mine, but then i grew up. stretch marks just happen :slight_smile:

5. Nadine3839

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea,
    I have some stretch marks alongside my hips and im so embarrassed of them, i just can’t wait to be of legal age to get them removed with laser removal.

6. sleepyboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love them, then again I find stretch marks/scars to be beautiful due to some internal work as i have a lot of scars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.