1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Xena fans in here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Jan 7, 2014.

1. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I meant any movie or tv show.

2. willycubed28

I say leave it alone. The original was awesome, sexy, adventurous, and just plain amazing! No reason for a reboot. The only thing I say is do a movie where they bring Xena back, and have Xena and Gabrielle riding off into the sunset together. I wouldn't mind that.

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

They would have to find a way to bring Joxer back from the dead and make him young again too!

4. Silas

Yeah I'd love at least a movie that would bring Xena back (and undo the damage of FIN!) That finale still haunts me :frowning2: What kinda sucks is the way they wrote Xena's death, that she'd have to stay dead or else the 40,000 souls would be "lost forever." So they'd have to find a way to bring her back while also protecting the souls.

One thing they could do is make it so that Akemi lied about Xena having to stay dead. Remember when Xena introduced Gabrielle as her soulmate? Akemi could've gotten super jealous and made up the whole thing just to trick Xena into staying with her in the afterlife. Plus Akemi had already lied and manipulated Xena before so it would've been in-character for her to do something like that.

#144 Silas, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  5. Silas

ok this is my idea for bringing Xena back: so the movie opens with Xena in the spirit world. While there she meets up with Lao Ma who tells her that her time hasn't come yet to join the land of the dead, that the world still needs her. Gabrielle finds out that Akemi lied about the souls needing to be avenged and is determined to get Xena back. She joins up with Eve, Varia and Ares to find the Cronus stone which we know from Hercules allows them to travel back in time.

Eli allows Xena's spirit to return to earth temporarily (like S2 Intimate Stranger) so she joins them on this quest. The Cronus stone is being guarded by Alti who knows that they're coming and sends obstacles in their path in the form of past villains like Callisto and Velasca who all make cameos (this is where the fight scenes come in)

Eve can't fight but she's learning to master the spiritual powers that Lao Ma possessed. So when Xena and Gabby are getting beat up by Alti in the climax, Eve is reminded by Eli that the power of love is stronger than the power of hate, and she uses her powers to subdue Alti. Xena gets back up to finish off the battle, Varia and Ares fight off Alti's minions, Gabby goes after the Cronus stone and they're sent back in time to the end of FIN.

This time Gabby drops Xena's ashes into the river and Xena's soul is reunited with her body the way it should've been. As reward for Eve overcoming her biggest challenge as messenger, Eve requests that Eli send Joxer back to earth to have another chance. So now when that boat leaves Japan, Eve and Joxer are there, the damage of FIN has been undone, and Xena and Gabby ride off into the sunset together and alive :grin:

6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

That sounds great! You better start writing and then send it to Rob Tapert:slight_smile:

I hated how FIN was mostly about Xena's past with Akemi. It should have been packed with Xena/Gabby moments.

7. Silas

haha imagine how many letters Rob must've gotten from angry fans after FIN aired :lol:

Yeah it seemed like Xena and Akemi had more of a bond than Xena/Gabby in FIN! The whole episode felt so disconnected from the rest of the series :frowning2: Xena's redemption was always in her fighting for good and FIN pretty much said that she had to die to be redeemed. And a big focus of the show was emphasizing how violence and vengeance wasn't always the right way... and then FIN comes around saying that vengeance is not only okay but a requirement. In one episode they reversed everything the show stood for.

Not to mention the implications of Xena having to stay dead in an afterlife we know nothing about... she and Gabby were destined to walk the same path through different lives (Between the Lines) But now after this would Xena's karmic cycle still come into play or is she stuck as a spirit/ghost forever? Just so many questions left unanswered... arghhhh

#147 Silas, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  8. willycubed28

Great story Silas!!! Loved it. I would watch that!

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

At least we can take comfort in that they were reincarnated and together in the modern world, as Harry and Maddie, and later Maddie and Annie.

10. stealth

stealth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    xena is cool as and good looking to

11. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I just found out that the Xena Convention in February of next year is going to be the last, to mark the 20th anniversary. They better compensate for those of us that can't go by releasing new merchandise!