1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Xena fans in here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by willycubed28, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a kid I said I would marry someone like Xena...lol
    I mean little did I know back then that I wouldn't want to later but still. I liked those sharp circle thingies she was throwing all the time too. It was a very weird weapon.

2. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

It was called a chakram.

3. Silas

Yeah there was some good stuff in S6! haha the Cannibals episode creeped me out too! Old Ares Had a Farm was hilarious, also Many Happy Returns was another fun one.

Oh wow I didn't know that about the original script for that episode! They should've done it like how they planned originally, it would've been awesome! :lol: I always remember that scene of Gabby trying to kiss her reflection :roflmao:

4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

So I'm almost finished season 6:frowning2: 3 years ago when I watched it online I made the mistake of watching FIN part 1 and 2. I won't put myself through that much suffering again. I will stop at When Fates Collide, the proper series finale. Though I do like Many Happy Returns, because Aphrodite is in it and the poem by Sappho that Gabrielle recites to Xena. And I like Soul Possession. Joxer returns (in a flashback) and we get to see what happened right after Xena found out Gabrielle was still alive. I watched those 2 and then tomorrow is When Fates Collide.

5. Silas

Finished S6 already XG? That was fast! I'm still only in the middle of S4 :lol: I'm up to the Eli episodes...

Yeah I know what you mean about that finale, way too much emotional torture! There's not even enough words to express how messed up it was... Xena's redemption was supposed to be in her fighting for good... to have Xena's redemption only come through her death just seemed to change everything! How could they ever think that fans would want to see something as gruesome as Xena being beheaded? :eek:

She ended up in a new land, a new afterlife... would she have to stay dead forever? What about her karmic cycle and everything we found out from Between the Lines about her future lives... would that change now? So many questions were left unanswered :frowning2:

#85 Silas, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  6. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Oh yeah, I finished yesterday. When Fates Collide is really kind of the perfect ending. So many sweet moments between Xena and Gabrielle. Even though they don't know each other, they feel an undeniable connection. Xena going up against Alti one last time was way better than Yodoshi. You are right, Xena dying undermines everything she did to redeem herself. Also, Joxer was in WFC too though he wasn't himself. So we got to say goodbye to the three main characters. The Eli episodes were good. When Gabby get possessed and Xena has to become a freaky-looking monster to defeat that evil God (forgot his name). One of my favourite episodes in season 4 is if The Shoe Fits. So funny! So now that I'm done I'm feeling sad. The only logical thing to do is go back and watch previous seasons. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of season 1. It feels kind of choppy except for The Royal Couple of Thieves (Autolycus!), The Greater Good, and Callisto, I'm going to re-watch season 2, it's my favourite! What's your favourite season of Xena, Silas?

7. Silas

Yeah WFC was one of the strong ones from S6! And so awesome to see Joxer again!

I really enjoyed those episodes where they explored the whole spiritual power thing... when Xena had those powers in the Debt... and used them again in Season 5! I forget the episode name but it was the one where she found Lao Ma's book and used her powers to turn the army to stone! I loved that whole concept that a war could be won through love (though I still prefer to see Xena kicking some ass, haha)

Yeah I feel the same whenever I finish Season 6, I end up going right back to the early seasons and rewatch them over again :lol: The Greater Good, Callisto and Prometheus are my favs from S1 (loved that fight between Xena and Herc!) And how awesome was Gabs in the Greater Good standing up for Xena!

S5 is my fav though, I'm anxious to finish up S4 so I can jump into those episodes :icon_bigg New chakram FTW!

8. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I believe those episodes are called Purity and Back In The Bottle. I love season 2 because it's before all the drama happened (Hope, the Twilight of The Gods, Eve/Livia). And it was the introduction of the "Joxer The Mighty Song" and Xena and Gabby's first onscreen kiss (The Quest). I loved The Hope storyline in season 3. It was difficult to watch the two of them hate each other. The start of The Bitter Suite is so sad:frowning2: Why is season 5 your favourite? In Ides of March, you remember Amarice, the young amazon? I really liked her.

9. Silas

Yeah I just finished Endgame when they first introduced Amarice, I liked her too! (and Poor Ephiny in Endgame :frowning2: )

Gabby cracked me up in It Takes One to Know One from S4, they were trying to figure out how Ravinica could've been killed when her door was locked... and Gabby's like maybe she was stabbed through the keyhole :roflmao: :roflmao: And she said it with a straight face too, lmao

Then there was Locked Up and Tied Down, Xena trapped in the dungeon with all those rats, eeeeeeeeeeeeeek :eek:

I'm about to head into Ides of March and bracing myself for all the emotions that will follow, haha

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I loved it when Joxer kept saying everyone killed Ravinica. "And it was Minya in the bedroom with a knife!" "And it was Lila in the bedroom with a knife!" I found it weird that when Ephiny died, Xenan was never mentioned. You think he would be invited to his mother's funeral. It was heartbreaking to watch Xena beaten down in Locked Up And Tied Down but Gabby saves her. Ides of March is such a wow episode! Great fight scene with Gabrielle.

11. Silas

Yup Joxer was awesome in that eppy :roflmao: Yeah now that you mention it it's weird they didn't say anything about Xenan when Ephiny died!

I went back and rewatched the Quill is Mightier from S3, this one was hilarious :lol: The fish fight at the end, haha

12. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

That's one of my favourite episodes. The three naked dancing Gabrielles! Ares and Aphrodite lose their powers, and Gabby trying to bring Xena back but she always ends up somewhere else. Loved The Debt episodes too. Lao Ma was great.

13. Silas

OMG the three naked Gabrielles :roflmao::roflmao: Then there was Minya coming out of nowhere with Xena's whip! haha good times!!

Yep loved the Debt too, Lao Ma was so badass with those spiritual powers she had!

Gabby cracked me up in Fins Femmes and Gems with her song,
    Wellll listen to my story bout Gabrielle, cute little gal that's lookin really swell,
    Perfect hair, such a lovely lass, nice round breasts and a firm young :***: :roflmao:

And loved when Xena was fishing for Solaris she started whistling the Xena theme song :icon_bigg

14. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I caught onto Xena whistling the theme song throughout the series. Loved Gabby's little song too. What is your opinion of Married With Fishsticks? I actually don't mind it. It has it's
    moments. Really funny to see Gabrielle and Joxer "married". Though I know most people despise it. Where are you in the series now?

15. Silas

Oh I watched Married with Fishsticks last week, not really my fav episode but it had some funny moments... and I love Discord and Aphrodite's catfights :roflmao:

Since I took my Xena DVDs with me on vacation I finally crossed over Ides of March and made it into Season 5 :lol: I love love love seeing that new chakram in action! Succession, Purity, Back in the Bottle, God Fearing Child, Seeds of Faith, really enjoyed those... the only one I didn't like was Lifeblood, I think they were trying to set up a spinoff pilot with the Amazons so Xena and Gabby were barely in the episode :/

Looking Death in the Eye is up next!

16. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I thought Lifeblood was boring too. In the end Xena saved the amazons from going to war by using a stick? I had heard about the spinoff thing. Xena was a spinoff of Hercules so to have a third would have been too much. Looking Death In The Eye is a good one. A set up for what's to come... Livia!

17. Silas

I just finished rewatching Looking Death in the Eye... WOW what an episode! Brilliant plan to trick the gods... if only Ares hadn't messed things up in the end :eusa_doh:

The fights in this were awesome, I loved how Xena and Gabby teamed up together to take down Hephaestus! And she used her chakram like five times in the episode :lol:

And the scene at the end always gets to me, when she puts on the act that Eve and Gabs died in the crash :frowning2:

Livia is up next!

18. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I felt so bad for Joxer. Even though they weren't actually dead, he lost his best friends. I thought it was weird that he and Meg had kids. If memory serves, in "Key To The Kingdom" Meg confides in Xena that she can't have kids biologically.

19. Silas

They really went all out with making Meg and Joxer look super old :lol:

I just finished Livia :frowning2: Joxer :frowning2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :frowning2: :frowning2:

This was me the whole time

[​IMG]

But I loved that moment at the end when Eli intervened and showed Eve the truth! And the way Lucy acted that last scene got to me too, when she tells Gabby "She said her name was Eve!" You could just see the joy and emotion in her eyes when she realizes she might actually have her daughter back.

Motherhood is up next, super excited! :icon_bigg

#99 Silas, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  20. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

The fight scenes between them were so intense! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? At least Joxer died a hero, like he always wanted. I found it odd that Ares was so in love with Xena and then he and her daughter became lovers. Weirdness!