1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Anti gay pastor says only tragedy in orlando is that more people didn't die

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by johnnyr860, Jun 14, 2016.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    People like this and their supporters deserve to have the light shone on them and be exposed for all to see so their poison can be confronted and eradicated. Especially considering so many conservatives and members of the religious right are trying to rewrite history on their past actions and also pretend queerphobia is a problem exclusive to Islam.

2. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, you'll have to get behind me Butterfly. And believe me after I gut em and hang their carcass for a few days so they "cool down" and drain, there really wont by much left.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2016 at 08:37 PM ----------

That away Chip, the gloves come off. Right on. Ya like the gay homophobic pastor of some mega church in Colorado (to tired to find name / link) who get caught in bed with a male prostitute.....twice.

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2016 at 08:46 PM ----------

It's interesting to observe ECs teens, 20s and 30s learn about hate. Its what us middle age people grew up with and for some, why we (middle aged types) are so messed up - me included.

It was not uncommon to hear about how some faggot (sorry for term) was found hanged. I was beat up and left laying in a field. I watched in horror, kids being stripped naked and ridiculed.

The Orlando tragedy makes me shake and sick and wonder. I'm not worth a damn.....cant get anything done.

Keep your strength up. Love you dude.

3. PrettyinPunk

That man is a very sick individual. I guess the only redeeming quality is that besides being violent in his hateful speeches, he seems unlikely to be physically violent.

I know people like this aren't necessarily uncommon especially in certain places. They spew their hate and prejudice all the time. The painful part is it's in immediate response to the death of 50 people. I hope none of those grieving families hear about this idiot, and he better never cross paths with me.

I stay positive because I believe one day in the future people like this will be the extreme minority and when they crawl out from their crevices people will ignore them for their mad ramblings.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's far from the only one, actually.

Video below is talking about the same lunatic church leader who advocates for strict male supremacy.

[YOUTUBE]xzAe3oJkWo0[/YOUTUBE]

#44 Kira, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i actually dont believe him, i think he's joking because i cant believe someone could actually say this. if he is serious then...yeah...fk that idiot

6. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a gross error to even give any thought to this clown. His opinions are irrelevant and the best everyone could do is to totally ignore him. I'm not bothered by his disgusting opinions as he is merely an attention seeking coward.

Words can hurt only if you let them hurt you. I don't think anyone would be truly offended if a 3-year-old called them an idiot after you failed to buy them candy. Yes, some people don't like you because of personal or associative reasons but that is part of human diversity. Nothing you do can change that. Making people upset and outraged is exactly what this loser wants. Once you see and understand that his words lose their power to hurt.

The true source of concern for me are those who have demonstrated willingness and capability to physically attack people, namely Muslim fundamentalists. And no, refusing to bake a cake to a wedding or saying hurtful things are nowhere near as serious as shooting innocent people.

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

You know, why punch him in the face? I wish him a lot of kids...who all turn out to be gay and hate him and break contact once they're adults. Then he should suffer a long time from cancer and thinl about how he wasted his life with hatred.

8. RainDreamer

I don't get how some people can advocate for killing people. It is one thing to disagree, or even hate someone. It is another to seriously wishing people to die.

9. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't he have any guilt in his conscience for saying this?

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a lot I could say in response to this outrageous crap, but I will save my breath. We should all save our breath and focus on healing and supporting each other.

Just to try to balance things out though, I thought I would post this statement, released by the Leaders of the Worldwide Anglican/Episcopal Church:

"After Sunday’s attack in Orlando, as Christians we must speak out in support of LGBTI people, who have become the latest group to be so brutally targeted by the forces of evil. We must pray, weep with those affected, support the bereaved, and love without qualification. The obligation to object to these acts of persecution, and to support those LGBTI people who are wickedly and cruelly killed and wounded, bereaved and traumatised, whether in Orlando or elsewhere, is an absolute call on our Christian discipleship. It arises from the unshakeable certainty of the gracious love of God for every human being.
    Now, in this time of heartbreak and grief, is a time for solidarity.

May God our Father give grace and comfort to all who mourn, and divine compassion to us all."

I'm not saying the Anglican/Episcopal Church gets it right all of the time when it comes to its relationship with the LGBT community, but this statement is sensitive and stands in marked contrast to the bullshit spewed forth by some of the nutters in the US, who cannot even bring themselves to show respect to their murdered countrymen and compassion to their grieving families. They are as much a disgrace to Christianity as Omar Mateen was to Islam.

11. Sagume Kishin

Well given he has a history of saying bullshit like this, to the point Secular Talk dubbed him "Hitler Pastor"... yeah, he really was serious.

12. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's a surprise, a pastor calling others pedophiles, it's worldwide known that so many of these ''faith preachers'' had abused so many children that seems like they were following a dogma by doing so.

13. theskylitup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some people are just completely heartless. Yet him and others like him promote a message of peace, right?

14. johnnyr860

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He thinks Orlando is safer now. Safer my ass. One of the guys who works with me says his friend who works at forever 21 upstairs has died so that makes 3 mall employees who died in the shooting 2 from Gucci and 1 from forever 21. If I saw this pastor in person I'd knock the devil right out of him...

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    BUT MY FREE SPEECH!!!! No. Take this guy's job away immediately, make him pay a huge fine, and like... I don't know... leave him in a cage with tigers wrapped in rainbow-colored mantles.

16. seeking

One thing I can never wrap my mind around is why are people so focus on what others are doing? How can someone be so focus on what someone is doing when I don't even have enough time to focus on what I am doing? lol

Just a waste of time caring what Tom or Jennifer is doing when it is not hurting anyone.

I think whoever gets irate and especially to this degree (pastor & this shooter -they are not 100% sure if he is associated with the terrorist-) have issues with their self.

I don't agree with polyamory and I'm not a fan of it. But, just because I am not into it and I don't agree with it doesn't causes me to hurt people into that relationship structure. To get angry to the extent of these shooter and those who speak like this pastor does during such a horrible time to me screams more of an issue with their self than with the person.

Also what higher being would be happy and proud of people getting murder like this. I wouldn't want to associate with a higher being that is happy that it's own creation are killing each other.

Twisted people...I sometimes feel there are better places in the world to be than in America. We are behind on a lot of progressive movements.

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2016 at 05:57 PM ----------

Also notice that Trump who is running for presidency didn't even show any compassion. He was all about his ego and saying he was right. The trying to tell the president to resign because the president didn't use the terms he (trump) wanted Obama to use.

A president is not suppose to indirectly segregate people by showing a lack of compassion. Even if trump doesn't agree with homosexuality...these men and women's death have affected parents, cousins, friends, and a nation.

Shows what type of president we might have to deal with if he wins. Someone who is fully fueled by Ego. How does an Egomaniac western world president differ from an Egomaniac extremist group?

#56 seeking, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  17. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was telling my mum about this and she was not surprised at all :/ I said he should get arrested but she said that would go against the right of free speech. But sometimes I think a line has to be drawn somewhere, especially when he is saying...what he's saying.
    But it's like a quote I read somewhere. "I don't agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it." Or something similar. I agree, but it's so hard to see the bigger picture when it's actually happening.
    down with the pasta man!

#57 jaska, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  18. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not surprising, but that doesn't make it any less infuriating.

Free speech is the only thing keeping this guy afloat. Seriously, he needs to be tied upside down from a tree branch, with a piece of meat dangling from his neck as a group of African Lions approach.....

Not cool...free speech is just such a double-edged sword. You're allowed to voice your opinions without any repercussions, but it also means morons like this come out of hiding.

19. notmyfault

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It must be awful inside that guy's head...

20. Glowing Eyes

I think kissing him would hurt him more :grin:.

#60 Glowing Eyes, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016