1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost 24 and never been kissed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallingdown7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. robotman

I had my first and only proper kiss (with tongue action) 1 year ago and it was really nice. It was with this guy from school that I thought I could trust (I made a thread about the guy some time ago, he turned out to be a complete ass hole, long story) but it felt different. All I will say is don't worry about age. I know people say silly cliche lines like "age is nothing but a number" but honest it is kind of true when it comes to things like this. Anybody that makes a big deal about this isn't worth your time.

You and your friend should totally kiss each other just to get the first time thing out of the way :goodevil: lol, I'm joking... Well sort of joking... Semijoking, Semiserious :lol:!

2. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fair point nikidion, I was wrong earlier. OP did ask for people's honest opinions. I think, however, your imagined reaction represents an outlier in the real (LGBT) world, one that is not particularly encouraging in any case.

I think this is another good example of your response being an outlier here, and therefore not helpful to the OP. Absolutely loads of people, but especially LGBT people, have not had a relationship until 20 (in fact the majority of gay people I know). To absolutely dismiss the idea of going out with someone because they haven't had a relationship before 20 (20 for God's sake! the incredibly young start of real life!), associated in your mind with an imagined laundry list of negative disorders, is a little strange - I know no-one who would not date someone because of that, and honestly I find that response to have a certain immaturity bound up in it. Importantly, I don't think OP is likely to meet people who have the same response.

Most good people won't really care at all about this stuff, and most LGBT people will understand these kind of hiccups in your love life very well, in my experience - not only here, but IRL too!

robotman said:

which I really agree with. Don't be hung up on age - in this context, other people usually won't make it an issue unless you make it one.

#42 YaraNunchuck, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014