1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost 24 and never been kissed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallingdown7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to see I'm not so alone anymore :slight_smile:

2. Theron

It is better to wait to be kissed and have it be someone you really want to kiss. My first kiss was when I was 12 and it was a girl at school. It was gross and highly uncomfortable because I was just beginning to figure out at that point that maybe I didn't like girls and maybe I liked boys.

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

:thumbsup:(*hug*)(&&&)(!):smilewave

4. thekillingmoon

I only been kissed by a guy, which doesn't matter because I want to be kissed by a woman. And yeah a lot of people will think it's weird cause everyone's having sex since they're like 14 nowadays. Screw people who think it's weird, you don't wanna be with someone who judges you based on how many people you've been with.

5. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I have kissed one of my friends before and tbh kissing isnt as good as people think . for me if someone has never been kissed I would still consider them a possible partner if I liked them .

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't kissed anyone, either... And I'm 26... :frowning2:

7. LostAndAffraid

Well I've kissed a few of the opposite sex, but that was before I accepted my sexuality. I've yet to kiss soothe man, though it would be totally sweet.

8. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No kisses 'cept virtual ones with my former gf.

37. :grin:

I don't want to touch lips with anybody unless they mean something to me. Like, a LOT of something.

9. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This. I'm actually developing pedophobia because of this sort of attitude and negative comments I recieve when I'm trying to prove my point. They might experience a lot of physical contact, but they'll never experience true love and so, I can't help but feel sorry for them. Who knows, I might never experience it either, but at least I'll still have some self-respect.

10. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ....That's hot :wink:

11. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think it's odd and a turn-off. Sorry if you feel offended by that.

If I were you, I wouldn't tell my dates about this. Whatever your reasons and explanations may be - first thing that comes to people's minds is that you aren't desirable. If you have experience, it means somebody somewhere liked and wanted you, which is a good thing.

When you have just begun dating someone and people know very little about you, they will assume there is something wrong with you that has pushed others away if you admit never even being kissed. That is why they lose interest. I too would be cautious in their place. And of course all the lack of experience can be scary for people, not everyone wants to put up will all the troubles of first times etc.

12. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    nikidion's reply is very unhelpful and reflects more on her than on the OP.

LGBT people face unique challenges across the board and it is far from abnormal to have an experience deficit in you early twenties. I mean, where are these kisses supposed to happen exactly? In hostile schools where 99% of the teens are avowedly straight and the rest are huddled in denial or confusion? Not only must people come out, but they have to feel their way into being comfortable with queer relationships and same sex intimate touching. In my experience, gay people tend to be pretty understanding of this, even when they have had more prior romantic/sexual contact than their partners.

#32 YaraNunchuck, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  13. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I see what you're saying, and I won't judge you for whoever you want to date. I would feel hypocritical if I did considering I'm the reverse of you; I'm turned off by people who have had a lot of sexual experience (kissing, sex or otherwise). In my experience, an inexperienced person is more understanding (even when the first time is bad) because they don't even know what kissing/sex feels like, so It's hard to be too disappointed if you don't have a past experience to compare it to. Experienced people may prefer other experienced people for similar reasons (Person knows what they're doing, don't want to deal with the fears of the first experience etc).

There is something I disagree with though. I think if you do have a reverse match (IE: inexperienced partner and experienced partner), you shouldn't hide it. Because even if you don't say it in words, they -will- pick it up during the act (because you know, if you've never done something, It's probably going to be bad and you won't know what you're doing). I wouldn't bring it up on the first date (Since I don't kiss on the first date anyway), but I think that I would hint at it a bit that I've never done it. Then I would wait for my partner's reaction. If they would be turned off, I would know that they aren't a very good person for me and we should discontinue seeing one another. If they're cool with it, we can continue seeing each other. Because hey, It's always better to know a reaction before you actually go ahead with doing it and find out their reaction that way. It would save a lot of embarrassment and hurt feelings (Especially since the first kiss is memorable for some people).

14. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's the attitude dear friend! If they're turned off for something about you there's no reason to stay with them, they're not for you. You already know from what many of us have posted before that you're not the only adult who haven't kissed, and that it would be very hot or sweet for many of us.

15. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would consider someone with a lot of experience as easy and not desirable at all.

16. Calix

My first kiss doesn't really count. It was when I was 8 and me and some others kids were acting out the film Zorro >.< My first real kiss after that in my teens wasn't anything special tbh. I wished I'd waited till my first real relationship in college.

17. Julieno

You don't really need to say it. i don't think is something i would eve think about asking

My first kiss (with a guy) was nice but nothing special. in fact the best memory of a kiss that I have is probably the time I kissed a guy and he then told me that he had never been kissed before, it just felt special :slight_smile:

Also different people likes different things o kisses so experience is not that important IMO.

18. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, because that's the point of this discussion - OP asked us about our opinion, she didn't ask us to psychoanalyze her. Neither did she ask for help.

You haven't had any experience.
    And I don't know what kind of ''understanding'' you expect - it's just a kiss. For majority of people (including majority of your potential dates in your age range) it is not a big deal. We don't kiss to perfect the skill and be forgiven by partners if we lack it, we do it because it's a nice thing to do if we like the person. Dating is not a job interview where you get hired for having skills and then need to perform and fulfill your duty. Same goes for sex, although it is a bigger deal of course.

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by being so upfront about having no experience. It's not even a matter of hiding and lying - in my dates we usually get to kissing and sex before discussing our exes and past relationships. I personally wouldn't care if my date had no kissing and sex experience, however, never having been in a relationship is a whole different thing. I know people who are over 20 and have always been single, and their reasons are depression, anxiety, awkwardness, shyness, not being a people's person and other things that I do not want in my life. That's all. Probably your dates too lose interest because they assume you have a bad character, not because you lack skill.

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

When I say "experience" I mean my experience of getting to know people's reactions, not the experience of having done it, although I get what you mean.
    I do want my first kiss to mean something (As well as sex), even if some other people don't. I prefer to take things slowly. Sex especially, I'd want to know about their past experiences before we delve in (Otherwise how else would you know if they had STD's, especially since the lesbian community is less likely to use protection?) and because It's something I don't believe in doing until I've known someone for quite a long while.

I've been in a few "relationships" before, they were just long-distance. Most of my reasons for preferring to stay single for this long is more because I like having my independence and space.

Most of the time I'm not even too upfront about my experiences immediately, I wait until we've known each other for a while (I don't even believe in kissing on the first/second date anyway). I have a problem with people asking me questions like that though, and don't like to lie.

20. King

I am 20 and only had my first kiss a few months ago.

Most of the small amount of boys I have been dating have not minded and seemed to like the fact that I don't have too much baggage and I am nice and fresh.