1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All the emotions today.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by NeonSocks, Jul 20, 2017.

1. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Moonsparkle I will definitely keep the story going, I mean we have an apartment to decorate now! : ) Also, thank you in advance for stocking almond milk! I love love love almond milk.

2. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @NeonSocks I am just seeing your update, and I am so proud of you! What you said there, I completely agree with. I am trying so hard to not care about people's input. Everyone thinks we are just making a rash decision but they don't know the amount of pain it took to get here. I hope you find yourself and get to a strong place of knowing exactly what you need. It looks like our journeys will continue to parallel. Good job keeping true to yourself.

#102 Searching1, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  3. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No one else really knows what you're going through. People always give their opinons without thinking about if They were in your shoes. I try to put myself in the other persons shoes before I assume or just blurt out my opinion. Everyone else always thinks they know best. But only you know What's best for you.

4. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thought I would just give a quick update since my mind is going numb looking at excel spreadsheets. EC mental breaks make excellent work distractions!

I moved into my new apartment on Saturday. My relationship ended on Sunday. I cried on Monday. Today, I feel at peace. I know there are plenty of days ahead that are going to be dark, but there are also plenty of new opportunities as well. I feel at peace finally knowing that I am taking a chance on me. Allowing myself to live the life I have been too scared to live. Too frightened to acknowledge. Too unsure to accept.

Saturday was the first step in my new chapter. I am almost completely unpacked- with the new dinosaur shower curtain proudly on display. : ) I am decorating according to my wishes and in the process building a new life. Starting over in a new town, with new self worth, and slowly ever so slowly learning to be ok with me.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Alright, so you're OK... but how are the books? And the socks! Just kidding you are more important than them. It's good to read your positive thoughts. The sky is your limit now!

NeonSocks likes this.
  6. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, the socks are safely unpacked and all neon pairs are accounted for. I just finished putting the bookcase together so tomorrow I get to deal with the stress of re-organizing that mess. :slight_smile:

7. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All exciting things! I'm so happy for you that you are finding some peace in having your own space. I too am looking forward to making a place my own. A new town even? Wow fresh start indeed!

NeonSocks likes this.
  8. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you! Yeah I actually moved about an hour away from my house. I am still the same distance from work, but now I am closer to the one city in this state. I am not a necessary a fan of cities, but there are several LGBT Meet up groups that I know have better access too.

Everything seems to be falling into place and I hope the same does for you.

#108 NeonSocks, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    dreamingfreely, leb10 and Searching1 like this.
  9. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad to hear you are settling in. I am moving in two weeks. Nothing new for me. I have moved lots of times. But I'll be much closer to the dojo. And karate always makes me happy. Have fun decorating! I'm always moving furniture around.

dreamingfreely and NeonSocks like this.
  10. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! And I'm so happy to hear that things are falling into place. That all sounds perfect! I'm a little envious of your ability to truly have a fresh beginning. My daughter is my world, but man are things oh so much more complicated going through this with a child.

NeonSocks likes this.
  11. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cannot imagine how much harder it is to go through all of this and have a child. I do not have kids (obviously- by my lack of ever mentioning children)- but I commend all of you that are mothers and fathers. It was hard enough dealing with everything when the only thing my partner and I shared was a house with a garden. I cannot imagine how much harder it would have been with another life involved.

Searching1 likes this.
  12. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is terrribly difficult for all of us- regardless of kids or not. But thank you. It does make it so much harder to have another life I will be greatly affecting. And my husband will be on my life for a long time regardless because of her.

dreamingfreely likes this.