1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to take the leap.....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by tx duke, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tx duke - You are an incredibly lucky guy to get a reaction like that! It sounds like you and your wife have a genuine friendship and respect for one another. Allies like that are golden. She will have rough days with all this, as will you. But what a wonderful, positive, affirming reaction!

There are many challenges ahead as you well know. Sounds like where you live poses some problems that not all of us have to face, and you'll need strength for that. But that discussion with the spouse is the most significant one that many of us will ever have. I'm so happy for you that it went the way it did!

Please keep sharing your thoughts and experiences here. There are people who look at these threads who aren't even signed up with EC, who may draw strength from your experience. Congratulations on a huge step!

2. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The most supportive thing I think, unless she was publicly trying to shame me, my wife has said to me since coming out was in a crowded restaurant and in ear shot of many others “Well I know you will just be meeting men for sex but you should at least find a good looking one”. So be prepared for unusual comments in strange places.

Sale Gay Guy

3. Clay

That's amazing! I'm so happy for you, that's just fantastic news!

4. Cigitab

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    TX_duke, I'm so happy to hear of the positive reaction from your wife. It is also a great release not to have to carry the burden of the secrets anymore. You did something very hard and I applaud your courage.

5. comingout1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow TX_Duke - I just read through all of your posts tonight. Good for you. I am a 48 y.o. man who has finally come to accept the truth about myself in the last year. I need to sit down and have the same conversation with my wife.

I feel that once I admitted being gay to myself it is almost impossible to keep this inside. This just keeps eating away at me day after day.

I am going to look for a local counselor who can help me through the next steps. It seems like that really made a difference for you.

Good luck figuring out your next steps. I am sure there will be challenges as there always is in life, however, it has to feel so good to have this disclosure off your shoulders.

Peace

6. mav96213

tx_duke,

Was just wondering how you were doing and hope all it well.

7. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes Duke, what's up

8. Candace

Duke, I read your original post. I want to say that I'm super happy for you due to the fact that you're now totally honest with yourself. You must have had some weight lifted off your shoulders when you could do all of that. You're not living a lie and/or in denial anymore. I'd like to see what new adventures you'll have in life and basically...what happens next. Please keep people, like me, updated, since I'm really keen on seeing what you exactly do. Congratulations for being honest with everyone, and most importantly: yourself :slight_smile:.