1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion poll (may be triggering)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jun 29, 2013.

?

What is your stance?

1. I am female and Pro-life

10 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. I am male and Pro-life

20 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I am female and pro-choice

65 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I am male and Pro choice

122 vote(s)
    50.6%
  5. Mixed/unsure/No opinion

24 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Hexagon

Yes, abortion rights. It doesn't mean you personally want to exercise those rights.

2. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm pro-choice, because I don't want to impose my will on others, and the constitution favors pro-choice much more than it does help the idea of being pro-life

3. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Hmm. Well I definitely do NOT recommend walking on the interstate XD. Could you have your dad drop you off somewhere near the center and then just walk over to it?

4. MerBear

I could try since i do have a cell phone but im cheating the system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but its a big city, I would have to find out where i could go thats near it....Hm....I'll look at the buildings surrounded by it

5. BornInTexas

6. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "Abortion" topic doesnt really suit this forum of LGBT people. It just doesn't

7. Hexagon

What's that supposed to mean?

8. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

@MerBer,

Hmm, from what I am seeing it isn't really a center at all it's just in the basement of a Lutheran Church :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it is in a residential neighborhood.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 12:40 PM ----------

I don't suppose your dad would believe you wanted to go to church there XD

9. MerBear

The time out for youth? and a lutheran church? what's that....sorry im clueless when it comes to name on churches. i've lost count :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    My school is near a church but its a church for vietnamese people.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 09:41 AM ----------

and No he wouldn't. My dad and sister are actually the only ones accepting of me being atheist. my grandma said i was going to hell ...too bad i dont believe in it

10. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Yes, Time Out Youth is apparently in the basement of this church. And Lutheran is like a German protestant denomination. My great grandmother was German and she was one so that's how I know.

And hmm, that's kewl of your dad to be accepting <3

11. MerBear

yeah. he's also accepting of the LGBT community so if i came out, he'd accept me but i just can't. he's also not very religious either. My grandmother said she doesn't care if someone is lesbian/gay/bisexual but....I feel she would care if i came out to her as lesbian.

and german? I thought it seemed german

12. As a transgirl, I come down on the pro-choice side. Personally, what really annoys me about the debate is when people talk about how it is irresponsible for a woman to go around having a bunch of sex and then get rid of the consequence of that behavior. I'm sorry, but I see choosing not to have a child you can't handle or won't treat right as more responsible than carrying it to term.

13. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Aww, well, okay, and I'm just going to say this and I am NOT forcing you into anything, but if you are sure he will accept it, I would recommend (just my personal opinion) telling him. Cuz like it's something that sits on your mind and stresses you out even if you don't know it's doing that, and like when I finally came out to my parents, words just started spilling out of me it was like having a meltdown XD it isn't healthy to keep this secret if you don't have to.

Like, I know it's scary and it seems easier to just leave it alone, but seriously it is like getting your ears pierced. It's a quick pinch and then it's over and you are SO glad you do it. As soon as you say the words, trust me Meris, you will feel SUCH relief.

But anyway, this advice is only, ONLY if you sure he will accept you and not be bad about it. And it's just that, my advice, my opinion, nothing more. You have to do what feels right <3

14. MerBear

I mean, I'm not bothered by it ...I mean, like I can live without telling him but WHen he directly asks me a question about LGBT issues or such or says

"if you get married to guy or girl...whichever"
    or he'll say "i'm not going to judge you. just be true to yourself"

i feel either tense or awkward.

15. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Yeah I understand that. It's veeery kewl of him to say that and you know what it probably means? Your secret isn't a secret at all, and he has probably already guessed it. Our parents know us better than we think. My mom guessed I was trans and that is like not even on the radar for most people O.O

16. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm male and think that's something that should be decided by women.

17. MerBear

I think it was because of my crush on this girl i had. He found out about it even though, i denied it.

My sister said it was a phase for me and i believed her ...and still kind of do...for some reason

18. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

@MerBer,

Does your sister know you're gay or did she just know about the crush?

And yeah....it's not a phase XD it's never a phase. My sister tried for years to tell herself it was, but just, no, lolz. Cuz like this is something that has been with you since birth even if you didn't realize it, so it's not just going to change.

19. MerBear

I just kind of wish it was....i dont know why.
    she just knew about the crush. she makes fun of all my friends so i didn't even want to tell her about my crush. she found out through my dad

20. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I get that. I mean I don't "get that" cuz I have never even wanted to ever change or be anything but a girl (I never wanted to WANT to be male at ALL). But I understand why you would feel that way. And I'm going to be honest with you Meris obviously, it does make life harder! My sister and her gf have put up with a LOT of crap down in good old North Carolina, and I am not saying this to scare your or anything I am just keepin it reals.

But you can't let that make you want to change who you are. So you like girls, so WHAT? I can't see why that is still such an f'ng big deal with people, like who gives a fuck? I don't know. People are stupid but you can't let their bigotry make you uncomfortable with your identity <3

And your sister sounds like a pain, to me.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 01:15 PM ----------

I know this lesbian who I used to work with and she dates guys and it makes her extremely unhappy and repressed. All she does is sit there and talk about what girls she thinks are hot and then she dates these dorky dudes when it's obvious she wants to be with another girl...