1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A topic I tend to avoid...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I'mStillStanding, Oct 22, 2019.

1. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think if you found a decent guy that you would be able to finally be content? I think it's one of those things that just requires some serious self reflection. I have yet to be in a relationship with a guy, so on one hand maybe I'm just speculating. However, I also know every relationship I have had with a woman is one I just happened into. I always felt a missing piece.

2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Benway I am not sure how familiar you are with my past. When I look back on my childhood and all I focus on the good times and things I find funny. Most people wouldn’t know that there’s physical abuse from my father, sexual abuse from several males (one not someone I knew at all/one from church/and one close to the family), and then the emotional hits I took from my family. People don’t know about my mental health struggles, I mean I’ve been treating depression since I was like 10. People don’t realize the finical struggles. They don’t know I lost a sibling. Everyone is very surprised when they find out how sick my step dad (he was more like my real dad honestly) was and what it was like watching him be so sick. I worry people are even skeptical when I share bits of my health struggle and all that.

There is a lot of pain and anger in my past, some I wasn’t even really aware of till I started working on it with this therapy. I went through dark periods where I was very down, when I was super angry at the world. Life is so short I try and not waste more time than I have to on these things because every time I do get overwhelmed I get frustrated at myself for letting them take more from me. I’m not saying that healthy, I’m just saying I am gonna be happy. That’s something I have control over and I’ll put in the work when I have to (like now) to get things back in the line so I can enjoy my life. I am proud of who I am, and that’s all of me.

3. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @angeluscrzy ”hooking up feels... tawdry.” This should not have brought me so much joy but it did lol I feel like Blanche from Golden Girls all the time on this site. I mean I’m southern, I sound like I’m one of the ladies from designing women, and I’m definitely approach men like she does so it just tickled me.

4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im
    Glad I tickled you:blush:

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  5. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I'm glad you think you finally have control. My Dad taught me that control is an illusion and doesn't really exist, but I don't put much stock into what he says these days because he's a crazy person who gets his news from flat-earthers on YouTube and thinks the Bible is a science book. I can't say I had it worse than you, I was never abused by a man or anything like that. But somewhere along the line my life got twisted out of shape and I haven't been able to put it back together ever since. It's been nine years and I'm still messed up. Maybe you're just more resilient than I am, I don't know but not everyone can just pick up the pieces and get over it and move on.

I have no desire for a relationship with a man. Hookups, maybe, but even then, I'm terrified of getting AIDS so I abstain from hookups because everyone in my area is a filthy animal who hates condoms. One guy I was talking to on a hookup app said "Oh, I'm on PREP, so I don't contract anything and I don't have to wear condoms." I thought, mofo, that's not how it works. Every time I've had sex, even just oral, I get myself tested and it's a nerve-wracking experience that I don't want to have to go through again and again just because nobody in my town or county wants to wear a freaking condom. It's infuriating, my whole area is a hotbed for STDs and it makes me angry.

6. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Benway I want to start with sorry. I wasn’t trying to compare our past at all and reading it again I see that’s how it came off. I would never do that, I mean each of us handle situations differently and I wouldn’t want to try and minimize your experiences the way it did so I am truly sorry.

I am still struggling with issues from my past, like majorly, but people around don’t know. I try and not let it interfere with my life more than it has to. I go through periods we’re i isolate and then I force myself to get out and get around people. When I’m around people I live in that moment and enjoy it and have as much fun as possible. When I start getting down from things in my past I just refocus on the moment. That’s what I was trying to say.

I’ve been working hard the last few years in therapy to get things cleaned up from my past and that’s made a huge difference.

As for hookups and fear... I understand that completely! I won’t lie... I push through that fear lol but I do understand it. And then waiting on the results of testing is horrible. But if I wanna do something I’m gonna do... as safely as possible... ish. I mean not living isn’t gonna keep me from dying so I might as well grab as much life as I can.

7. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My "therapist" isn't much more than a social worker, don't get me wrong, she's given me some good guidance over the years but her training is limited. I'm below the poverty line in America, I can't afford good therapy or very good care because my country is run by cryptofascist neo-con nuts who worship Ronald Reagan. And like I said, with hookups, I'm not really willing to take that risk anymore because A) there aren't that many good guys near me anyway and B) they don't use condoms when laboratory AIDS is prevalent and I see more and more HIV-positive guys on hookup apps every day. I typically feel bad about myself after any hookup anyway so I just try to avoid them these days.

8. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I understand the issue with finding therapy without insurance and finical means. I actually do all my therapy through Behavorial health services. If I’m not satisfied with the therapist or doctor I get a different one (haven’t had to do that much cause I’ve been very upfront about what I needed and looked into who worked at the offices so I could find a good fit). It’s crazy that we have such a hard time here in the states getting the medical care we need!

In hookups they aren’t for everyone. I don’t do them when I’m feeling down or upset. I don’t want to use them as a distraction or a an escape. So I mean since they aren’t your thing maybe get involved in some volunteer work near you. Some that gears towards LGBTQ+ stuff. That way you meet some people in the community who are good people and have a better chance in meeting people who aren’t into the club/hookup scene.

9. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This may not be the case with you at all, but maybe you just have such high mental barriers that you cannot entertain the notion of a relationship with a guy. I can only speak for myself, but for the longest time I figured I just wanted the......male organ. I could never see myself in an actual relationship with a guy. But over time I guess I just allowed myself to contemplate what that would be like.
    As I've done so, I've found that while I still can find a woman attractive, I don't really see that kind of relationship as something I'd want to enter into again.
    Maybe try taking small steps and kinda picture the type of guy you're attracted to, and just think what it would be like to just spend time together. Nothing sexual, just stuff like riding in the car together and listening to the radio, or laying on the couch together watching Netflix or something.
    It's amazing how something I never could've imagined before has now become something I long for more than anything.

10. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't imagine "just laying on the couch together watching Netflix or something" with another guy. I find the idea of that detestable. If I'm with another gay guy I find attractive, the point of being with him is to screw. I see no other options there. I'm a heteroromantic.

11. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Then if you're confident that's what you are........what the hell are you beating yourself up over? Seemingly, by your own words, you don't want a relationship with a guy and just want to fuck them. Accept it and just move on then. Personally I find it odd that "Oh I can suck another guy's dick or fuck his ass.........but I'd NEVER just sit and watch TV with them. Wtf?

#31 angeluscrzy, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  12. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Benway please excuse my curtness... maybe sort out the internal homophobia first, then consider those things. I mean I hate calling it that but it’s kinda clear through all your post. Once you sort that out you may (I would actually bet on it) feel differently.

I understand the idea of being emotionally drawn to someone you’re not sexually attracted to. I just think it’s hard to separate romantic feelings from sexual ones. Companionship is great, super close friendship and bonds, even soul mates (non sexual ones) can exist outside of sexuality but I just feel it’s such a big part of romance personally (how I define it). When people say they can have sex with a group of people but can’t be in a relationship with it makes me question that for real... I guess cause I’ve been on the opposite side of that coin maybe.

13. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^^^^THIS. I cannot even fathom having sex with a subset of people that I find otherwise "detestable".

14. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not trying to come at you, but seriously dude, you're saying you can fuck a guy but you can't just imagine watching TV and hanging out?

15. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's exactly what I'm saying. I can't imagine cuddling with another man in front of the TV like some sort of gay Hallmark card. The thought of that sends my brain into a frenzy. I just can't fathom it for me. If other people want to do that, I don't care, but not me, I could never do that, I don't think.

16. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Th
    Ej if that's the case it sound likes you should focus on finding a woman you find attractive that will be fine with you fucking the occasional guy. Seriously, it's like you want to fuck guys but you cannot give yourself permission to. So find a girl that is ok with you fucking the occasional dude and you're golden.

17. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But honestly, I urge you to really think bout how you feel about guys I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh, but really when you think of what would make you TRULY Happy........can you honestly you say you see a woman in your future?

18. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean, I'm not really looking for a relationship. I've never been in a relationship, I don't know why I should start now at almost 32 years old. Besides, all romantic relationships cost a lot of money, money which I don't want to spend. And besides, dating in your 30s is almost impossible from what I understand. All the women my age have toddlers from previous relationships and I don't have the time, patience or money to be a stepdad or babysitter. I don't see the point in relationships when you can just have a hookup or even a friends with benefits scenario going on. I've only ever been with one woman physically and she tried to make it into a relationship kind of thing and I quickly put an end to it because I didn't like listening to her problems or sitting in the nail salon while she got her nails done-- I don't want to become my father.

19. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I look back at my life, I can see so many signs telling me I'm gay, but because of societal pressure I choked all that shit down. I grew up in the heights of the AiDS epidemic so yeah I worried if I was gay that it was a death sentence. I didn't understand what "gay* meant.
    Now, when I think of myself as a gay man, I just think I'm like every other person on the street, the only difference being is that I'd rather spend my life with another guy
    There's NOTHING wrong with that. If you like guys, so very what?
    If you are a good person to begin with, you will STILL be a good person no matter whom you choose to fuck.

20. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what I'm trying to say. I spent my whole life fighting against who I was. From my very core, I resisted and I spent my whole life living the way I thought others felt I should. That has gotten me nowhere.
    I have a failed marriage in my past. I have several suicide attempts and psychiatric hospitalizations in my past.
    I have spent a lifetime trying to chase down something that it seemed society said I should not have.
    But what makes it wrong?