1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you call yourself or other gay people "faggot"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TENNYSON, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mostly, I might joke with others about an article or a behavior as being "faggy," and they're all in on it. They might pull out some apparel or a home decoration and say, "Isn't this faggy?" And we'll laugh about it.

I might think "faggot" about someone who is generally not likable, and just keep that thought and opinion inside my head.

There is a term out there that a gay guy I know used to use: a "bad fag" - it means someone who has a lot of the exaggerated attributes that might make some gay guys look bad to other gay guys who don't buy into that behavior and style.

2. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a derogatory term and it's insulting and disrespectful. I always thought that whole "reclaim the word" idea was stupid regardless of what the insult is. So I don't use it, and regardless of the context it is being said, if anyone ever called me that, they would definitely regret doing so. I expect people to have more common sense than that, but sadly not everyone does. I'm not sure if I have ever been called it before, but I don't have to of been called it before or to of had a bad experience with the word, to know what it is and to make sure that no one gets away with calling me or someone else it. Reclaiming "bad" words always seemed stupid to me. Some words should just be erased instead of trying to attach a new meaning to them, especially when there will never come a time when everyone will accept the new meaning of the word and won't just use the "so called" reclaimed word as an insult.

#62 ShadowSpirit26, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. antibinary

In Brittan fag is a ciggerate. and faggot is a type of meatball. So no.

4. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dislike that word, consider it derogatory/disrespectful and will not use it.

6. GreenDianthus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, and I usually ask people not to use "fag" if I hear them use it. The analogy I use is nigger is to black as fag is to gay. Both are offensive slurs

7. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never used it. Been called faggot couple times. Also been called it just before getting beat up.

8. Justinian20

I wouldn't use the word no absolutely not unless I was using Aussie slang, we cooking some fags on the Barbie, you want some. As an example where fags means sausages.

---------- Post added 7th May 2015 at 02:40 PM ----------

Also in Australia faggot has the meaning it does in America which basically is a unmanly person or a coward.

9. luckrunningout7

No. I refuse to use it. Even thou it doesn't mean gay, I just hate it.

10. Justinian20

Actually fag Is a ciggy and snags is sausages, i'm screwing up my Aussie slang. I never really use much slang anyway. It's too low level language for a guy like ne so apologies for stuffing up the slang.

11. EricM

Out Status:
    A few people
    There was a gay student in class with me ages ago, and no matter what someone did, they would always end up being called a 'faggot'. There were other gay people in my class too, and they didn't appreciate it. They found it offensive. Can this word ever be reclaimed if its being thrown around like this?

12. DinelodiiGitli

No.
    Absolutely not.

13. lemino

I hear that word less and less now days but it has been replaced with another word "bent" which seems to replace "fag" but we also refer fag as cigarettes. I don't use that word nor the other replacement as it can hurt people when I hear it or someone talking to me and uses that word I don't tend to laugh with them because it sinks in my stomach a little knowing they meant nothing by it but some way it does affect me.

14. Bi in MD

Out Status:
    A few people
    Respect starts at home.

15. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use it ironically, although sparingly. I have gay friends with similarly nuanced views regarding political correctness who do the same.

16. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I use it with myself and around really close friends. I don't walk around yelling it to random people.

17. Ryu

Ryu

I have been tempted at times to say stuff like 'wassup, faggots?' To some of my close friends, but never have knowing how much people at my shoool have their head up their own arses.

Even so, I wanna know how a bundle of sticks became a gay slur.

And another side note, I wanna know why the word 'nigger' is perfectly fine if the person using it is black, while if a white guy said it it's socially unacceptable, because I know the girl, who is big and black, and a massive shit head but anyway, and she throws it around like nothing, but if anyone else says it, it's wrong and she has the right to punch 'x' person.

#77 Ryu, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  18. Simple Thoughts

Me and my friends are always like, "Fuck you faggot!" to one another. Insult is the best way for a group of friends to bond =3

We also refer to one another as "Bitch" "Slut" "Whore" and other such terms. Words are only as powerful as the intent behind them. At least in my opinion.

19. Spacesword

Me and a few friends call each other faggot, dyke, slut, ass hole in a joking manner but anyone else beside us four, no.

20. Burnedcloset

I rarely do. And when I do it's when I'm mocking others and telling them how offensive and stupid it is to say it.