How was high school for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Jan 4, 2015.

?

Was high school the best or worst years of your life?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2015.
  1. Best years of my life

14.5%
  2. Worst years of my life

42.1%
  3. Average

42.1%
  4. I'm homeschooled

1.3%
  1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unspeakably awful.. on so many levels.

2. MrSkittles

Im still in high school. Its going ok I guess.

3. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's mediocre/bearable for now. No really close friends, but no enemies either. Academic-wise, there is nothing noteworthy to be said.

4. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Freshman year - i was AWKWARD, weird, and was fat. Lol. 250 pounds..
    Sophomore - lost 100 pounds, sadly through an eating disorder.. still kinda weird, was leader of a GSA club in my school, still hadnt figured out my style. Became a vegetarian.
    Junior - weigh 180 finally recovered from anorexia, cheerleader, have lots of friends some now. Lol. Figured out my style.
    Senior... lol well im currently a senior but im very confident and am myself happily and everything is great. COLLEGE STUFF IS STRESSFULLLLL! Im still a cheerleader and a vegetarian of 2 years !! :grin: planning on going vegan someday. <3
    High school is crazy.. just stay in the right crowd and have good, CLOSE, friends.

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I have absolutely loved it! Barely two years in but I've enjoyed it so much, I've met people who I plan to hold onto Haha never letting them go because they are to put it simply, FAR TOO AMAZING! I love highschool. In November I went to a camp with 115 or students from my school, I was nominated to go and I went well I left that place with 115 new friends! They were all amazing and meeting them there I wondered why I hadn't spoken to them before? So I've put myself out there EVEN more haha and I've mwt a lot of new amazing people. A while back I shared here that I had stopped a bully at my school, someone who was picking on another kid, turns out the "kid" is also like me a sophomore well we're close friends now! Also the bully? Yea we're also close friends he's actually a nice guy, first impressions can be deceiving although my point is is yes I have enjoyed highschool. Very very much :slight_smile:
    I would say they have been the best years of my life although I'm only 15 and have a lot left to live :slight_smile:

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Darn I shouldn't have closed this poll after 1 day.

7. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Can't vote anyway, but I'll say currently high school is the worst part of my life although I have struggled and savor some good opportunities. There are experiences that I feel may scar me. I learned in Psychology class these years are the most remembered in life so it's freaking scary to me. :eek:
    Freshman year I was dumb and naive. A nobody with a penchant for any group or cliche and never really belonging. I was socially fluid, but uninspired and easily peer-pressured.
    Sophomore year I became more reckless than dumb and naive lol. I was rebelling with drugs and cutting. Something about teen angst felt comfortable because finally I had emotions to preoccupy my thoughts. I wasn't empty, but I used the wrong excuses.
    Junior year was perhaps a tranfsormation in that I became a "scholar" and adopted nerdier traits. I was just a "smart, creative, shy kid", but really I was one horny mess with a need to feel important. Intelligence was something I vowed myself to always have. I realized my mistakes then, but college prep paralyzed me. Volunteering was amazing during this time, but I met my worst bully from ROTC...
    Senior....STRESSSS!!!! The're's no time for rest. More screw-ups(military disqualification because of a scar, no job, no future). There are many relationships I want to pursue, but am too scared too. Universities that exceed my abilities and dreams that have been ruined and may possibly continue to later...:tears:
    .........I'm procrastinating again or maybe I'm too pessimistic? :bang:

8. Jellal

High school was mostly alright, a big leap up from middle school which really, really sucked. During high school I at least had a couple friends to accompany me from time to time.

9. robotman

I'm not going to lie, high school was great for me, I had alot of fun, I mean I did have afew bad times but who doesn't?... The main regret is that I didn't come out at school, it would have been difficult and sure I would have lost some friends but I honestly think that I would have made better friends and been in a different situation to one than I am in now. I retracted myself from so many people because how I was feeling from 14-19 and I could have made so many good/close friends during that time because I was quite popular, that is life anyways, we live and learn :slight_smile:.

10. littlemonster11

High school was all right, for the most part.

Freshman year was the year I was most carefree. It was also the year I made my first real best friend.

Sophomore year, now that I think about it, was kind of a milestone for me, as it was the year I finally let my hair down and lost like 20 pounds. Other than that, it was nothing special.

Junior year was cool too, despite the stress of preparing for the ACT/SAT (college admission exams). It was the year I made a new (and current) best friend after a falling out with the previous friend. Had my first relationship during this time, too.

Senior year was kind of all over the place. It was great because I got to see my best friend more. It wasn't great because her boyfriend cheated on her with one of our friends, which in turn, caused our little circle of friends to choose sides. So, it made things awkward. Oh, senior year also sucked because the new music director, at the time, turned our music program into a joke. It had its nice moments though, like getting accepted to my dream college, traveling around the area for the activities I was in, and just hanging out with my friends.

I guess I was considered the nerd/band geek, as I graduated with a high GPA and honors, took some college courses along the way, and was in the music program since middle school. Besides being in the marching band, I was involved in many other organizations/clubs, as well as being in the tennis team. Taking part in the extracurricular activities and being with my friends definitely helped make my high school experience better.

11. Chief Beifong

I'm a sophomore and it's cool so far. Bullying is at a minimum at my school as we are an open-minded school and identities don't matter (except for the stuck up authorities in the school). Learning is awesome, teacher's nice, had lots of fun things to do. There's rarely any fights between friends or harassing. There's still that one or few fake/high-class person but usually tolerable. Lots of close friends made. So yeah, it's good.

12. Images and Words

it was and is terrible

13. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am still in high school, it's my 3rd year, and it's horrible.

14. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's alright. Not great, but bearable.

15. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Terrible. I had to be pulled out and switched to homeschooling because of the bullying and abuse by the teachers.

16. soulcatcher

On the contrary, it is quite interesting that you were the perpetrator and how your happiness depended on schadenfreude.

17. beyourself

beyourself Guest

I like high school because of my friends so I would say it is something between average and best years of my life.

18. ouji

ouji Guest

High school was absolutely horrible. I hated it, and am so glad that it is over with. College, on the other hand, has been some of the best times of my life.

19. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not hard in the way others experienced it. I was home schooled. It was terrible during times when I wasn't on good terms with my family.

20. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    High school is not too enjoyable for me. The kids in my class are some of the most arrogant, pompous jerks out there. What makes it more? Most of them are on the soccer team, so I see them on a daily basis. They're childish and immature, and the majority of the things they say are slanderous and insulting.

I'm just counting down the days until I'm out; shouldn't be long now. College will be a blast.