1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Questioning-Woman Crush*

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FlyRider02, Feb 13, 2014.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey no problem, everyone gets busy sometimes.

Firstly no offence to your mum but talking to her about this is definitely not going to help you right now. Anyone who thinks bisexuality is wrong isn't going to be helpful in this situation. Just to pick up on a couple of points "you've been straight your whole life" says who? You have identified as straight all your life. Now you are questioning. "Now you have to carry the guilt of leading your friend on" like I said before I don't believe you are leading her on, you have been 100% honest with her and told her exactly where you stand and that you are not sure if you really like her etc so it's up to her to make her own decisions. Right now the only person I think you are letting influence your decisions is your mum.

Your dad sounds awesome by the way.

I think the reason you feel anxious at school is because you haven't accepted your possible feelings and you are worried about what people will think and say when you haven't even decided yourself. It's ok to be embarrassed at this time, it's something you can work through. It's good that you realise you can't trick yourself into thinking she is male. If you can love her, it needs you to be you loving her as she is.

2. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  3. BlossomOfAngel

FlyRider02!! Girl, it seems you're telling my life again, are you sure you aren't me? XD Anyways, it's nice to know about you again ^.^

First thing, I'm sorry but I must agree with silverhalo, I don't think your mum is going to help because well, do you really think that bisexuality is a wrong thing? Even not being comfortable with it yourself, think about others, do you really condemn them for being however they are or for being with whoever they want to be? Love is love, regardless.

Your dad... Is definitely awesome XD I share his point of view, if you don't live crazily now, when are you going to do it? When you're older and something ties you down and you won't be able to do it?

I understand what you're talking about codependence, trust and all that thinks, as I said, when I was reading your last post I thought you were talking about me, hence my problem thing with my best friend (and girl, about that, I'm done. How I'm supposed to spend a year abroad with her being the only person I know there? I'm royally finished, I'll come back completely crazy TT.TT) but from how you described it... To me it doesn't seem JUST friendship and dependence. I mean, the thing about being around, etc. may be confusing and you could have misunderstood it, but the relief, wanting to kiss her again... Well, you get my point. Then again, I just have a few ideas that I make up from what I read so my advice still is that you live your life to the fullest and do whatever you're comfortable with without regrets, because (for me at least) it's better to look back and think "I tried to be happy" than "what if I had tried?".

For me... Life has become difficult again, why? Just when I thought I was completely over her and that I had accepted that it was just my mind playing tricks on me, I find that we both are going to study next year together, out the country as the only students from my degree... Yay me! I love her, I don't mind going abroad with her, but man, it seems that destiny's just trying to torture me! I'm predicting another "mind-tangle" soon -__-''

And it doesn't help that I'm on one of my lonely moods, it seems that everyone's paired and I'm going to stay single forever because I'm not fully accepting myself. I'm stuck in the typical (and completely annoying and pathetic) "I want but I can't". There's couples everywhere, my friends' boyfriends around every weekend with me as the third wheel and then there's this super cute couple of girls in my class who're dating and I'm just SOOOO jealous of them... Aish, I'm lost, again, as always -__-''

4. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm pretty sure, BlossomofAngel, although, it's crazy how stuff like this works out, isn't it lol? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't think that bisexuality is a wrong thing; I just can't tell if it's 'wrong' for me (b/c I'm probably not bisexual), or b/c I've been raised that it's 'wrong' in general.

You MAY come back crazy lol, or maybe it'll be one of those "fall madly in love with a random stranger from overseas with foreign language providing a romantic communication barrier," type of thing. You never know! *shrug* lol

But it's like, I feel sexy and confident in my head....and then in real life when I'm around her, I just feel awkward&scared. Like I'm not ready to kiss her again yet...I just know I want to. Well, the thing is, many people describe their coming out as 'always knowing they were different&supressing it'....I don't feel like I've suppressed anything lol.

I mean, sure, I've had some pretty weird thoughts about some of my best friends/other females, (especially when we were really close&during those awkward adolescent years of puberty haha), but I always dismissed them as bad, obsessive, or just desperate.

I just...don't want to be what others want to be anymore. I don't want to be held back by society's barriers. I want to have the trust&love for myself to pursue something like this, without fear or nervousness, but with excitement and love.

I don't know if I ever CAN do something like this.

I do know that if I don't do this; I'm going to regret it. However, I don't know if I'll regret it more if I do do it lol. This girl is like a once in a lifetime opportunity: she's smart, intelligent, brave, fearless, sexy, witty&alluring. She's not like the 'princess' per say, she's like the captain: protecting the fair maiden, slaying the dragons, and *sometimes* just wanting something warm, safe&lovely to come home to. (Though she won't admit it lol. She's such a girl. And a hopeless romantic. It's kinda adorable. :grin:)

"You'll stay single forever because you're not fully accepting yourself?"
    "There's a couple of super cute girls in your class who are dating&you're SO jealous of them?" Please explain lol. Maybe it's a time for you to spread your wings&go find some other super cute girl out there.....or in a foreign country lol. I mean, there's a whole WORLD out there, FULL of attractive men&desirable ladies.

Speaking of desirable ladies; I've started noticing girls more. Like, I don't know if I'm 'forcing' myself too b/c I'm just so worried about all of this...but anyways, I digress.

There have been 2 girls that I've seen in that past 2 weeks&thought 'wow, she's gorgeous. And her hair...it's so...long. And looks kinda soft, and she has a nice face. And eyes. And her VOICE, it sounds so low&mysterious &beautiful,' stuff like that. This one girl I saw@a school competition&literally whispered "oh. my. god." Out loud haha! &when I touched her on the shoulder&said, "you did a good job," my mind was thinking, "you're gorgeous." Lol.
    This other girl is on one of my sports teams. She's cute, but hey....none of these people hold a candle to my friend here. :wink:

Is that normal haha? Am I 'forcing' myself to think these things? I'm constantly checking girls out, checking my thoughts/feelings, 'am I attracted to you or could I be attracted to you,' type of thing. 99% of the time, it's a no.

But THEN, you throw in the fact that this 'friend' &I have a thing lol, and I don't want to admit it...because what if I let myself fall for her? I'd disappoint everyone. Anyways, she has told me that she doesn't want to have sex w me. (Thank god lol...I hate it when men/anyone date someone just to get inside their pants). But yeah; I feel like a bad person now, because I have a slight feeling that I may be more sexually attracted to her (somewhat) than she is to me. :S. Last night, we hung out. And though I'm scared as hell to feel things/think about kissing her again when it's IRL, I LOVE when she holds my hand. Or kisses my face. Or stupid silly things like that. She's so gentle, and b/c it's not like I feel overwhelming fear/anxiety whenever she does this, I never want her to stop.

When I got home, I realized that the way she treats me...especially my decisions/personal space physically, is phenomenal. Mind-blowing. She's like, the only person I would probably ever trust myself to be intimate with, knowing that she would never hurt me. Of course, probably shouldn't think about her like that lol...and I should work on respecting her more as well.

I've never felt that way about someone else before. Because her touch calms me&reassures me, it's like a 2-in-1 deal. I don't have a great relationship w my mother, but this friend of mine is nurturing and helps me feel a little more lovable. And she's a gentleman, which confuses the heck out of me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Long story short, I'm confused. Maybe in denial. Maybe not. Maybe this will never come to frutition&life will go on; she will find another lovely lady& I will find my Prince Charming. Maybe not.

Our relationship isn't passionate...(well, except for when just my touch makes her breathless ya know; major turn-on) :wink:, but it's mostly calming. Familiar. And her smell when she holds me, it just kinda feels like a little piece of home. Of comfort. :slight_smile:

Sorry if that was TMI &about the length, as always!

5. nicole1989

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just butting in here lol, but your friend sounds so sweet. And you two seem so cute. I had a similar experience actually. I was so sure I was 100% straight and then this one girl confused me completely. All I can say is... don't rule out anything before trying it. Do what makes YOU feel happy. Talk to your friend about your feelings and worries. Hope you can find peace in your heart soon :slight_smile:

6. BlossomOfAngel

If there was a prize for drama, we'd be on the list to get it FlyRider02, we should write a novel someday, we could help more than one lost, confused girl like us XDD And I understand your point, that's exactly what I was speaking about when I said that at this rate I'll stay single forever, because as you said, I don't know what I would regret more, to be myself and date whoever I want or disappoint everyone.

About being or not attracted to other girls... Well, I'm one of those who think that it's almost impossible to be really attracted to someone just physically. Maybe you can be in a way, but it's not complete without the psychological aspect, I don't know if I've explained myself well enough, but maybe that's why you're attracted to your friend and not to any other girl you find physically attractive. For me, love is based on characters, you can fall in love with another girl if you both "click", same with boys, then goes the real attraction. At least, that's my point of view.

I must say that I love your hypothesis, but I don't know what'd be worse, to come back crazy or with a long distance relationship (I'm not someone who believes in them, I've seen too many friends suffering and I don't wish it for myself XD). Well, at least dating a foreigner would have a few pluses, such as vacationing places and avoiding the embarrassing communication with the in-laws XDD I may take your word and look around... XD Well, I answered one of your questions before, so the other one ("there's this super cute couple of girls in my class who're dating and I'm just SOOOO jealous of them") I was referring that there are this two girls in my class who are a couple, and they have such a sweet relationship (it kind of reminds me of yours with your friend) that make me jealous :frowning2: *Sigh* I want someone for me too, I love being single, helps to study and stuff, but sometimes it's also lonely... (Don't mind me, I'm digressing and I feel like a character of an Austen book XD)

7. anaisninja

Ok look. I know you're young and everything. But... regarding "Prince Charming." There's no such thing. There's no "Princess Charming" either.

8. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    nicole1989, thank you! Everyone's input is always welcome lol! She is sweet. We are pretty cute, if I do say so myself lol. *straightens imaginary tie*

I'll keep talking to her; I hope I do too lol. Thank you :slight_smile:

Blossomofangel, we are AWESOME! I am lovin' this lol :slight_smile:. It could totally be a thing. Exactly. We can either stay single &be patient now, or live life, dating who we like, with the risk of disappointing everyone. It's quite the dilemma. :/

That totally makes sense! It's definitely more than the anatomy or physical aspect, it's about who they are as a person. However, attraction to them physically is generally necessary for a relationship that involves some sort of physical affection lol, I think.

Aww, thank you lol.
    I'm sorry about that (the lonliness&jealousy). And seriously, I sympathize with your plight. P.s. LOVE Jane Austen!!!! :grin:

anaisninja, thank you. Truly. I'll work on remembering that; I forget it far too much :slight_smile:

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I have a couple of points. Firstly in my opinion you will regret it more if you don't try it you will forever be thinking what if, where as if you try it and decide it's not for you I think it is more likely you will look back on it years later and laugh that you had a thing for your friend.
    As for disappointing people it's going to happen a little bit some point in life. You cannot please everyone all the time. If this is what makes you happy then go for it, most of the time the people you talk about will come around. Most people in your life want you to be happy even if their initial reactions don't support that. Living your life a certain way in order not to disappoint those around you is only ever going to end up in you being miserable.

10. BlossomOfAngel

Hahaha of course we're awesome, nothing makes sense at all and we manage to understand it, we're mad geniuses XD

About the dilemma, I think I finally came to a conclusion. Silverhalo is right, if you (me, it's easier to make decisions as a third person, don't mind weird me XD) don't try, you'll regret it as I said a few posts earlier. BUT seeing that I'm still struggling with the "disappointing people" thing... Why not see my isolation abroad on the bright side? I can try whatever I want without the pressure of someone finding out and if something happens, slowly adjust and come to terms with it without worrying, and then I'd be more prepared and comfortable when I come back! I'd love to be able to give you an idea, a solution, something to help your with the same dilemma but I've got nothing -__-'' I don't know, maybe trying out a few pubs or something like that? It was one of my previous ideas.

Obviously a little physical attraction is necessary, but I'd say that it gets "complete" when you know the person and like his/her personality. I mean, as attractive as a person could be, with a repulsive attitude or personality... It'd be a complete turn-off right?

Hahaha I love Jane Austen books too, but sometimes the characters are a little... Annoying. They get on my nerves when they're too sensitive, sad and such things even if other times I love them XD

Anaisninja, I think you'll like a certain phrase we have here in Spain. First of all for it to make sense mind that our "Prince Charming" is the "Blue Prince" (for the royal blue blood) so, the saying is something like "you'll only find your Blue Prince when you get a boy and choke him until he gets blue" XDD It's a rusty translation but it covers the basic meaning XD

11. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Silverhalo&Blossomofangel, thank you so much for all of your input. For all intensive purposes...(*read: my reputation&not labeling anything so that I don't rush into things, etc.*), we've 'friend zoned' us until I graduate in 2 months. {lol, we TRY to friendzone so hard...but then cars, and I feel safe in her arms, &life...and yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: }

But um, that awkward moment when we're sitting in her car, going to go into Starbucks, and I tell her the whole, "when we hang out sometimes I feel like I'm going to puke, but them you kiss me on the cheek&I kinda never want you to stop....?" thing, and I look at her&she's just looking@me with this fervent look of glee on her face like 'honey, this is NOT all in your head.'

I kept denying it, but then she said, 'you want to know why this isn't in your head? Because that sounds like some sexual attraction right there'

And then I laughed nervously&she held me and I thought I was literally going to puke&cry@the same time, b/c when I said that, it was like I felt like more of myself {stuff made sense a little bit} and less of myself {I hated myself for admitting that&felt like I had just been degraded ...like c'mon! Now you like women&may be like 80/20 split bi???! That's going to make your pool for finding your mate a lot harder lol....}

But I worked through it. And she held me. The whole time. And it was super comforting. Honestly, the only place I feel safe is in her arms. And it's like a mutual thing; it's not like she's super strong or buff like a guy lol, but I still feel loved&safe...and protected and cherished.

Sooooooo....and now every time I see her it's like, yeah....I'm attracted to you. Maybe kinda more than I should be. I mean, the way she walks, and her hips....and she has nice hands, and her hair.....(I'm done lol.) And I think that if/when we actually start dating (in the summer), that I TOTALLY am going to enjoy kissing her again. And stuff.

And I feel bi and it's odd. And maybe I'll go to college&everything will go away. Because I still feel sick&guilty around her...physically. But then again, it feels wrong. And society stigma. And my family stereotypes. And stuff lol.

But....yes. Wow. This is just interesting...and I really wish I could stop feeling sick about it lol.

I'm so sorry this was such a self-centered post...I just thought you guys might like an update. And to know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, thank goodness. :slight_smile:

12. BlossomOfAngel

I don't know others, but I love your updates. No matter how confused you feel, they're always sweet! It brings me the same kind of happiness that novels XD

If being "frienzoned" is what you feel right at the moment to not rush into things, then it's great, even more if you're graduating in a few months (you don't know how much good you're doing, I remember my graduating year struggling with this past girl... It was a nightmare to study for the equivalent of SATS here with all that weird 'flirting' stuff, my mind was everywhere except my books XD). But yes, I'd also say that you got it bad for her just reading this XDD

I think that she understands you and what you're going through with this situation SO much. I mean, for me that comment was clearly an "I know what you're thinking but I won't do or say anything for you to be comfortable". And I think she's right because maybe you're just crushing these feelings and thoughts because of all the ideas that have been around you for years, and now, facing the opposite situation... Well, it brings us to the confusion, the rejection and all that. But hey, at least it sounds like you're accepting it, at least with/for her and it's great that you don't close the door to a person that makes you happy!

About the 80/20 straight/bi stuff and "finding your mate" becoming harder... It's a surprise that you think like that, I'd always looked at it from the opposite side XD Like having the best of both, if you don't find a "charming prince" you have doubled your possibilities of being happy with a "charming princess" XDD

I'll keep waiting for more updates, hopefully even happier :wink:

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also love your updates and am glad that I can provide a small amount of help and support.

I think even in the time elapsed in this thread you have come quite a long way. I think you are moving towards accepting your feelings even if you are still a bit unsure.

I don't think putting it to one side whilst you graduate is a bad thing I am sure it will be there waiting after the 2 months which is hardly any time at all.

I hope your studies are going well.

14. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you guys, they really are haha.

Everything in life is stressful@this point in time; but I'm almost done and that's what counts :slight_smile:

15. Hopefilled

In my take on life, We're only beholden to our hearts and mindfulness of hoping to not hurt anyone- self or others. And frankly- Love's not needfully bound by genders or roles unless WE let it be.

The fears are often a part of love not talked about. I've the warm Romanticism that we have some fears from worry more about things not working than about fear to become committed. After all- it's emotionally a sort of safety to transfer fears of want- into a sometimes false not wanting the situation. Those not-wants are often less heavy and floar up the stack...Where not-wants can displace the deeper fears of what if they don't love us or what if we hurt our lovers. WHICH fear we place first is often a constant uncertainy and gut churning. What if we had our fears empower our hopes as banishment of fear?

Oh, sometimes we're really simply not in love and it's "just crush" so to speak. Yet, crushes do become love for some pairings. And thence the question comes up. Why not enjoy the ride in mutual acceptances so far as we-and they- are comfortable? Shared fears can become shared joys so don't hold back communications.

It's a heavy set of emotions even if there's no cultural baggage or fears about friends/family/crush/lovers accepting us "As Is" on all levels.

With a frequent end result of all the externals being a glow dampener. It can make us question if we want the other person more or less than the dramas... In the end- all we have is letting love guide us.

I heard a song that fits many of the feelings discussed on this.chat... A spot on phrase in it is:

Fear can stop you loving
    Love can stop your fear
    Fear can stop you loving
    But it's not always that clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqCWZLToZoQ

16. anaisninja

@ FlyRider02 I for one can't wait until summer finally arrives and you two get a room.

I would trade places with you in a second. And if I was in your shoes, I would go for it. You've found someone with whom you share a mutual attraction. I cannot stress enough that this is not as common an experience as you might think.

I agree with silverhalo - we regret the things we DIDN'T do or say more than the things we DID do or say.

If you think there is someone better or more socially acceptable just around the corner, you might be right about that. But then again, you never know... you could be wrong. And then where would you be? If you're like me, who passed up some great romantic interests because I worried too much about what other people thought - you might have more regrets than you'd want.

17. FlyRider02

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you for all your guys' support :slight_smile:

It means so much.

18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are welcome. Just as long as you promise to keep us updated.