1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vagina ≠ weak. I find this sexist and especially immature. The creator might be incredibly ignorant about trans issues and still think it's some cross-dressing sexual thing.

I hate the stereotypical obsession that men must be 100% socially-verified masculine, otherwise they are considered weak. It speaks volumes about some people that they promote flawed thinking. I guess it makes them feel like real™ men and real™ women. The truth is that people are wild cards.

Slightly related; studies conclude, that on average, men talk just as much as women. WHY do some people still believe that women talk more than men!? Several years ago I actually felt dysphoric sometimes because I thought I talked too much for a guy.

2. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

In my case, it's funny specifically because it's so offensive. It's why I usually think it's hilarious when stuff like this happens on TV, despite my trans identity.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I don't. Because the whole joke when people do "trans comedy" is "ooooh that person is male/female but they have a vagina/penis." Not creative. I want raunchy. But I want that shit to be clever. You can do way better than that. (can't watch video- internet's crap atm).

Why the fuck is the whole point of the joke "oooh that person is traaaans?" That's not a joke in itself. That's lazy and that's relying on someone else to find the fact that the person is trans to be absurd enough to be laughable.

You can have a joke where it relies on the person being trans for it to make sense (for instance, while a man's walking down a busy street, he realizes that his packer is rolling down his pant leg and soon enough, it plops right down and he's saving his penis from a dog). But the joke shouldn't be "OH LOOK- THAT'S HELLA FREAKY" but what that guy has to do to save face while his penis is rolling down his leg and how he's gonna rescue it from a Doberman.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I need to find the other 50 cent energy drink of this brand that my father found - this one doesn't mix with my everclear quite as well. Still good though. ^.^

On another random note, totally about to watch Tangled. Woot.

5. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Listening to Why I Am No Longer a Christian on youtube. Considering the faith struggle that I have been going through in the last couple of days this can either be good for me or really bad. I am on the edge of losing my faith to begin with.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This graphics project is going to be the death of me..

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't think I could get through studying for finals without '90s music from bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Scar Tissue is definitely one of their better songs.

---------- Post added 8th May 2014 at 02:59 AM ----------

Major props to you for taking a graphics class.

Had to take a graphic design class earlier this year and hated every second of it.

#9207 Mike92, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This will obviously be more effective if you're a Firefly fan, and also I've never seen any appeal in religion - so who knows how it helps another person.

But one of the most pleasant thoughts I can conjure, even if you do enter into a state of non-belief; Shepard Book's dying words (to an avowed atheist):

"I don't care what you believe in, just believe in it."

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Theory of Knowledge in the International Baccalaureate. Also known as a socially acceptable situation in which to discuss the morality and utility of killing children and whether it's more useful to slaughter infants or the elderly (we decided on the elderly as a more practical option)

10. Emulator

This is the first time I've seen an 'Other' option for gender in a survey. And then someone circles it and writes beside it, "This option is not neccessary".

11. Ohhai

I now know why I never go home for lunch. I've come home, and now I don't want to go back. Seriously considering pulling a sicky.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I knew the culprit, I'd tell them they're surplus to requirements... for their job, of course. And something about the zoo calling, asking for the (non-human) animal back.

--

Well, it's time for an epic journey into town. I also have video games I haven't even opened yet. Weird.

#9212 Lawrence, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
  13. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to insensitive jokes in comedy, I think the most ridiculous things I can remember is when the Simpsons showed solidarity for queer people by discriminating against queer people.

14. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I feel.. Depression and anxiety is like a curse.. A spell, you can't see it, but its there, sometimes you don't even acknowledge that you have it. Sometimes I feel you have be strong minded to break it.

15. Ohhai

I pulled a sicky. To be fair, I feel ill and tired, and possibly anaemic, plus there is a stomach bug at work, and I have a phobia of vomiting, so maybe it's for the best.

16. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That I'd rather be sleeping... :sleep:

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spend 5 minutes talking about sexual attraction and now I'm lonely! I want someone to cuddle!

18. justjade

I thought I was going to go crazy and sleep in until 9 today. Instead, ended up waking up at 7:30 to my husband coming home. Nope. Not sleeping in, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Lorn

Am I the only one annoyed by people who clearly know how to use the Internet, but...

Ask questions they could answer with a Google search in under a minute, and on forums that have nothing to do with the topic they're asking about?

Ask stock questions for how to write a specific kind of character in a "realistic" way as if there's a consensus for how women, men, gays, etc, think and feel, when it's clear they haven't done even basic research on their own?

Etc.

20. justjade

Instead of saying "That's gay", why don't people just say, "That's stupid"? As a general rule, everyone thinks being stupid is stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.