1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by awesomekid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Here we go again. Please don't judge me. I know that I have a problem with this boy. He is my addiction and I realize that. I have him head earlier and I enjoyed it he got hard but it doesn't make me happy. I mean it's satisfying but internally it doesn't do anything for me. I do love and I do myself being with him, however I use to think that I was able to change him and I now realize that when you love someone you have to love them for who they are. That's my mistake. I loved him for whom I thought he was going to become. He really is a great guy regardless of what we've been through. Now I will use everything in my power to move on. I am going to make a list of all of the things that I don't like about him only including some of the things he did to me. Example: he has a small penis, he used me, don't like his attitude, etc... We still have plans for next weekend but I don't think I want to follow through with our vacation anymore. I cannot lie though. I don't know how to say no when he wants me to give him head. Earlier today I was not planning in giving him head but when he text me I knew what he wanted. We were texting etc. and we were talking about how I was going to give him head and he said "it's extra juicy today come get it" just that right there was all it took for me to go over and give him head. You guys are probably annoyed with my posts since I keep going back to him.

2. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

"yeah you always say that. Im tired of you telling me the same shit over and over just get over it and move on. I don't like you that simple!" his text after I pour my heart out to him. Oooooouch it hurts but i think that i get the point now if i didn't get it before now i do. I am going to save this text just so when I feel like texting him, I look at this and I realize why i should not text him.

3. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Maaaaan, all of this has really taken a toll on me. I've been depress this whole week. I now know how serious his problem is. I confronted him about it again and I told him I was going over to tell his parents. He was very upset and threatened to kill me. I told him to follow through with it that way he can end all of this. It was 10-15mins of hardcore arguing. Then things got better. He asked me to give him a chance. That he was going to quit. Something I've heard numerous times and he has not stopped taking pills. I still love him. I care about him but I told him that I no longer like him. I really want to help I just don't know what to do or where to go anymore. I'm even thinking about quitting school. That's how bad all of this is getting to me. I'm just a mess right now. I don't know where I am going

4. someguy82

Don't quit school and give up on your future because of a guy, I don't care how great they are, it's not worth it.

Look, I know it's hard, but it's like pulling a band-aid. Do it quickly and it will sting but the pain will subside, take your time and it's going to be drawn out agony. Honestly, if I were you, I would cut off contact with the guy. I know that's easier said than done a lot of times, but in the end it's for the best.

5. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Someguy82, thank for taking the time to reply to me. So today I decided that enough was enough. I text him and I told him it'll be best if he no longer contacts and ill do the same. He asked me why and I replied "I just need to get away from you. I care and I sorry too much about you. I just don't know how not to care about you." He said "do not worry about I'm good. I'm going to sober up next year" but just the other day I text him saying that I was not going to give up in him. And now I am giving up in him. There are days that I feel I am strong enough to be there for him. But it kills me to know that he is still taking pills. It kills me inside. I know it's best that I focus my time and energy on myself, but I just want all of this to end already. I want not to care about him, think or worry about. I want nothing to do with him. And to be honest, it's my fault for putting myself in this position. I can't blame him I blame myself. But I truly hope I follow through and not text him. Ill keep you guys posted as to what happens next. I need to focus on writing my damn school paper :frowning2:

6. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Here we go again. So him and I talked but this time it's different. I told him I was dating someone although it's a lie. I told him that I wanted to forget a out him that's why I decided to date this guy. He said he was happy for me but he got a bit jealous. I told him I was spending the night at his house and that we were going for breakfast and he asked me "why are you telling me what you guys do?" I said "it's just a way to keep the conversation going. Well he got mad and then asked for us to drop the subject. And today when we were texting he said "I am glad you found someone that makes you happy. I am happy for you. I don't think we should be friends. I appreciate everything choice done for me. If you ever need anything you can call me. Which I doubt cause I am useless." So today I was suppose to give him head which I ended up making up an excuse that I was going to be hanging out with my imaginary partner. He said "I am going to be up all night and I am going to the movies so text me if you are down." Keep in mind that he wanted me to pay him to give him head. Which I don't mind but I rather stop. He said "I am getting to the movies now text me later" I followed by saying "aaaaw man I wanted to stop by before going to his place. He said "well the movie she wants to watch was not available so goin back home. Stop by now if you want to give me head." I said "I can't now but just text me when you drop off your girl. Stop texting me when you are with her don't be a dick. Take her to dinner or something." At this point I knew he wanted to get me jealous but I managed to play it cool. He said "why are you tripping?" I said "I am not i am just looking out for her. It's dude to be with someone and text ill text you later bye." So before all of this I had asked him if he thought I would make him cum?" And he said idk maybe so when he was with his girl supposedly he text me this out of nowhere "I don't think you want to make me cum since she just made me cum hahahahah" I didn't reply back to that I just think it's weird that he is trying to make me jealous? Isn't it weird or am I reading to much into it? This is going to sound crazy but, my imaginary partner is helping me get over him⛪. I hope I am not going crazy. Also, when were he said "we've been hanging g out all afternoon etc. but him and I were texting all day lol I asked him if I was good at giving him head and be said "yes and you've gotten better lmao" I was afraid of letting him go but now I am ready for all of this to end. And if he decides to leave there is nothing I can do stop him unlike before when I was going crazy lol

7. LD579

Well, it's totally up to you, but I don't think making up a story and lying to him is the healthiest way to deal with it... yet I suppose whatever works will work. Don't allow yourself to be manipulated by your sex drive; even just dancing around the subject of sex with him is dangerous and all progress that you've made could be lost in a snap. You're on getting on the right track, though, and so I applaud you.

8. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

This is the only place where I can express my true self. Latham, thank you for reading and replying. You are probably going to hate me. Well today I gave him head. We got a hotel room and he smoked weed. While I was giving him head, I got mad and just walked out. I dropped him off and I didn't even say a word to him. I have into temptation. Then I text him how I hate him and I even called him a faggot. I said "what type of guy will let another guy give him head?" I just went off on him. Literally I was so upset. I told him that it his fault for putting me in this mess and that I can careless about him. I told him not to text me or call me again for the rest of his life. 5minutes later we were friends agin lol. However, I suggested for us to give each other space. To not talk for a while and he agreed. He asked me how long and he suggested days and I said "idk but will both know when the time is right. Whether it is days, weeks, months or years." He asked "years?" And I said "yes, even if it's years." Then I poured my heart out to him. I told him that I loved him and that although I knew he was straight I still had the possibility of him and I being together. Exploring the world and just making a life together. Making each other enter, no labels no titles just my life partner. I said "I know I can make you happy but I can't force you to like me either which I understand." He said "being happy and loving someone are two different things and I replied "happiness can lean to love, just like love can lead into hate." I followed by saying that time apart will help me get my act together and so did he. I also told him, "I'm not going to wait for you forever you know. One day I might find someone and it'll be too late for us to be together hahahahah" and he didn't reply back to that. I know I have a problem with this kid. He is my addiction. But I also feel that I can change him and that my biggest problem. I cannot change him. I feel like I can help him but I cannot. But how do I move on when I know he has an addiction that can possibly kill him? How can I just forget about the person I love? How can I move one without worrying about him? I guess I live in my own world and I truly believe that people can change. I am also very religious and I ask God for forgiveness and guidance. I know I've been a mess lately and I can feel it because I have not been myself. I can't justify my wrongs I have no excuses and I don't like excuses. I guess I just love him and only time will tell where we go and what happens next. Your advice is always welcomed. At times, I feel like not giving up on him, I feel like it's worth fighting for. But I am tired of feeling hopeless, sad and empty inside. I just want to go back to my old self where I was happy, positive and just simply loving my life. I even feel like I am letting all of this affect my family as well. They notice when I am sad. I just can't tell people any of this. I am a good person, with a good heart but all of this has lead me to doing things that I wouldn't normally do. I am very blessed but it's just this that's taking a toll on me.

9. LD579

I'd never pass such judgement like that. It's clear you care about him very much, and you cannot be faulted for that. However, it's also clear that this is taking a large toll on your well-being. It may help to read over this thread once more. Lots has been said to you, and there's lots to consider, but it can all be summed up in a few words: you need to leave him alone for both yourself and for him. It might not be easy, and there may be falters, but ultimately I do think that it's the best chance of you becoming happier.

All this time you've been trying to help him... but you've also been throwing sex and money into the mix, which greatly complicates things. It's very, very hard to know what he thinks of you. His addiction may be speaking for him for many of the times that you two interact with each other. Given that you've been trying for so long to get him to stop with no progress, it may honestly be time to step back — you've done all you could, and to do more would be to risk your own well-being for his with likely no tangible results. I can't say whether he will get over his addiction or not, but at this point I think it's time to move forward, for his sake and for your sake, too.

10. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Luthan, I really needed to bread what you just posted. Thank you again for always taking your time to read and reply. You don't even know how much this kid means to. He means the world to me. He is such am amazing person and it's hard for me to understand his addiction. I've been doing a lot of research and I just get more scared of it. My biggest fear is loosing him. Getting a phone call that he is no longer here. And I agree, I do have to step back and see how things end up with him and I. I cannot lie I've been such a mess lately. I dream and think about him constantly and I don't think I am obsessed with him I just don't understand why he takes those stupid pills? I have to have more faith in God and realize that everything will be ok. Again, thank you. I cannot sit here and at that I am not going to talk to him again since I said that numerous times and I always end up texting him or calling him. This time I'm just going to do it.

11. scanner007

awesomekid,
    Oh wow, I just found your thread and have been reading through your posts detailing the last few months. All I can say is WOW..you are just all kinds of fucked up aren't you? You really got yourself messed up bad. That moral, ethical and emotional compass of yours really needs a tune-up.

I really wish you didn't have to be alone when you read my post, be strong, there is hope, there is a better life waiting for you...you need only desire it and it will be yours.

When there is truth, there is love. When two people meet and bond and their feelings are true, you have love. What is the opposite of love? Is it hate? No. Indifference, defined by a lack of interest, concern or sympathy is the opposite of love.

If you're going to continue this with him, why not just get yourself a bottle of those roxy pills and then you just make clear, that he gets his reward after you get yours. Thats prostitution, yes...and not right..yes...but at least its honest. Don't delude yourself into thinking you love or care for him. You pay him for sex. That is the opposite of love. You are indifferent to his needs and only concerned for yours.

Any love, or caring, or even friendship by my estimation, has died long ago. Every time you pay him for sex, you are twisting and warping yourselves emotionally to a point where it may be years, or even never before you're able to have a normal, healthy relationship with anyone. It will change you in ways you don't even consciously realize. It is essentially unethical to do that to someone you thought of as a friend. It is wrong. A good person would not do that to someone. If you want to be a good person, you have to stop, period.

I understand that for you this is a terribly complex and dynamically painful issue for you in so many ways. Fear and loneliness. Your issues with being gay and coming out to others. And of course the dynamics of your friendship with him, which more and more now turns to indifference as essentially you have begun using him. I realize it might be hard to see that at first beyond the obvious of prostitution, but its important that you realize that you don't truly love this person. A sexual fixation? Yes. An emotional fixation? Yes. Love? NO.
    You mentioned at some point in your posts - to the effect of a list of reasons might help you stop this unhealthy, codependent cycle of returning to him.
    Here's your list:
    1) You are enabling his drug addiction.
    2) Every time you gave him a little money, you gave him another day of not being clean, not truly living a happy life with a chance at being with someone he truly cares for. (and likewise for you)
    3) He wouldn't let you near his dick if he didn't need the money for drugs.
    4) His only motivation at this point for any sexual contact with you is drugs.
    5) He doesn't love you, he can't love anyone at this point, he only loves his pills.
    6) Assuming he lives through his addiction and cleans up, he will hate you later on.
    7) He will remember you used him for sex during a time when he was already down and vulnerable to it because of his addiction and dope-sickness.
    8) You are damaging him and yourself emotionally by continuing this unhealthy codependent relationship.
    9) What you are doing is illegal, immoral, unethical, shameful and wrong.
    10) If he dies, you will be partially responsible for his death (at least morally) by enabling his drug activity.

I realize this is a devastatingly sad, painful and fearful situation for you. You have some painfully hard choices to make, which you know, deep down are the right ones. But if you can find the strength to make those choices, the rewards waiting for you will be that emptiness fullfilled and a chance at both of you finding a true loving and caring relationship.
    Good Luck, to both of you.

12. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Scanner007,
    Thank you for replying. I absolutely think you are right on point with everything that you said. There are no excuses to justify my wrongs. I know it is wrong of me giving him money for sex. We both manipulate one another and are very good at getting our way. Before all of this turn into this mess, I was truly happy with him. I didn't care about having sex with him. I was happy just to talk to him. I've been liking/loving this kid for more than 2years now. You have no idea how much I tried to get him off pills. I put all of my time and energy on him hoping that he would stop. Money I was giving him for weed he was using it for pills. Gifts I would buy him, he would sell them for money. I was devastated but I truly thought that I could help him change. I know I am a horrible perso for giving money in return of sex knowing that money will go towards pills. Before we started having sex for money, I told him that we didn't have to do any of this. If he wanted the money I would just simply give it to him. Not that I am trying to justify my wrongs. Tell me, how do I walk away when the person you love is in danger and don't know what to do to help him? How do I move on and stop worrying about him? How can I ease the pain? Him and I can stop having sex and ill be fine. I don't rely on that to make me happy. I care about talking to him and just going Back to how it use to be. I got myself caught up on all this mess thinking that I am strong enough to help him but I am weak. I feel that the pills are not only bringing him Dow, but myself as well. I've told him that not to lie to me. If he wanted pills to tell and I would get them for him. I know he is not ready to stop. I just honestly feel that I do want to change and make things right but at this point I don't know how. He is such an amazing person and it's hard for me to walk away and just leave him there when I know he has so much potential on being something amazing. His passion is music. I even told him I would buy him a music studio if he stopped taking pills. Believe when I tell you that ill do anything and everything to help him. I even told him that I will go to rehab with him and say that I have the same problem as him. But you are absolutely correct. It's the truth. Thank you.

13. debushed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesomekid,

I have to agree with scanner. Your situation gets worse every time I read your next post. For the best interest of you and your friend, time to move on.

Good luck.

14. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I am willing to put all of my feelings, I am willing to give up my love and everything him and I have to help him but I just don't know how. Clearly I have a problem and don't know how to walk away. I don't know why. You all have given me great advice and I guess I was too stupid to see it. Whatever you guys tell me to do ill do? Even if it kills me should I walk away? See when I would buy him gifts and take him to dinner, don't get me wrong I wanted him to like me. At the same time I wanted him to see that there's a whole different life out there. A life that if you work hard you'll be able to buy and enjoy certain things in life. I cannot lie, it's hard for me to understand that he has an addiction. I have so many why questions. I have to learn how to let go.

15. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I am an emotional mess right now. I can across this and I wanted to share this. I can honestly say that I would give my life for this kid. Ill do anything to change his lifestyle but nothing that I do is good enough
    If you love me let me fall all by myself. Don't try to spread a net out to catch me. Don't throw a pillow under my ass to cushion the pain so I don't have to feel it. Don’t stand in the place I am going to land so that you can break the fall (allowing yourself to get hurt instead of me) ... Let me fall as far down as my addiction is going to take me, let me walk the valley alone all by myself, let me reach the bottom of the pit ... trust that there is a bottom there somewhere even if you can't see it. The sooner you stop saving me from myself, stop rescuing me, trying to fix my broken-ness, trying to understand me to a fault, enabling me ... The sooner you allow me to feel the loss and consequences, the burden of my addiction on my shoulders and not yours ... the sooner I will arrive ... and on time ... just right where I need to be ... me, alone, all by myself in the rubble of the lifestyle I lead ... resist the urge to pull me out because that will only put me back at square one ... If I am allowed to stay at the bottom and live there for awhile ... I am free to get sick of it on my own, free to begin to want out, free to look for a way out, and free to plan how I will climb back up to the top. In the beginning as I start to climb out .. I just might slide back down, but don't worry I might have to hit bottom a couple more times before I make it out safe and sound ... Don't you see ?? Don't you know ?? You can't do this for me ... I have to do it for myself, but if you are always breaking the fall how am I ever suppose to feel the pain that is part of the driving force to want to get well. It is my burden to carry, not yours ... I know you love me and that you mean well and a lot of what you do is because you don't know what to do and you act from your heart not from knowledge of what is best for me ... but if you truly love me let me go my own way, make my own choices be they bad or good ... don't clip my wings before I can learn to fly ... Nudge me out of your safety net ... trust the process and pray for me ... that one day I will not only fly, but maybe even soar. ---Passion

16. dapulu

STOP. Just STOP.

My Gawd! I have been reading this thread for a while but OH BOY! I think you need to get this idea hammered into your head: "If he doesn't want to help himself by his own will and more importantly by HIS OWN realization, he can't be helped by you"...Seriously, if he doesn't realize the sh*t he's in by himself, and then decide to change it, nothing's gonna work honey. That's what I have heard from some people that were in drugs and then left it(no relapse). So no matter how much you want to help him, he's gonna keep getting uglier and uglier and as a lot of people have said by now, you're just destroying him more by continuing to do what you're doing. And if he decides to change I can almost be sure he's not going to ask you for help, he'll try to find the strength on his own if he has the will to do so.

I believe you should stop thinking that he makes you complete, and start thinking that he's a baggage, as harsh as it sounds, because he is imposing and changing your life. HE IS TOXIC! And so are you to him. You DO NOT need someone else in your life to feel happy.

It's hard, you may relapse, but JUST OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!!!!!!!! and STOP giving him head, STOP giving him money, STOP talking to him, STOP texting him. Want to be his friend? THEN STOP SEEING HIM.

Then again, that's my not so humble opinion. This reminds me so much of my first love...took me years to stop relapsing. But I'm over it now, ans you can do it too. You have the strength, you just have to believe you can do it :slight_smile:

17. scanner007

awesomekid,
    yeah I would read that last post you made over and over again every morning when you get up until you take it to heart. I know addiction, from alcoholics to heroin, I've had it in my family, my friends, I had a good friend die from addiction. But you CANNOT help them, its only when they hit bottom and want to help themselves is when any healing can begin.

On your reply: I'm glad you didn't get offended or take my post the wrong way. I can see that you're a very loving type of person. Actually, I'd say you're a lot like me in the way that you naturally want to care for and take care of the people. The problem with people like us though is that sometimes a healthy relationship can breakdown into cycles of codependency, enabling and become destructive for both sides. The problem is we love so intensely, even in situations of unrequited love, we can't see the forest for the trees.
    If you really truly care for him, you can't be around him any more. Maybe one day when he's off the pills you might could have some kind of a friendship with him again, but for now, even texting is too much because you may be tempted to give in if he asks you for "help" by giving him money for head. You need to resolve to be apart from him for at least six months. While you're doing that, you need to put yourself out there, make friends, contact your old friends, maybe even try a dating website, continue to use this website and other gay organizations as well to reach out. (Basically build yourself an emotional support network to help you break away and stay more optimistic on life.) Wouldn't it be better to have someone as beautiful inside and out as your friend, only they are gay, and they want you and return your feelings of love completely?
    100% NO CONTACT FOR SIX MONTHS. NONE.
    YOU DON'T NEED HIM IN ORDER TO BE HAPPY.
    YOU NEED TO LEAVE.
    Now, this is going to emotionally hurt like hell. Every minute, every hour of every day. Even months later, you'll still think of him and miss him at least for a minute out of the day. But it will get less and less and will gradually get better. Its going to be worse than if he died, because if he's dead, he's just gone. He'll always be a phone call away, and making that call continues a cycle unhealthiness for both of you and possibly could end up killing him. Nobody said it'd be easy. But you CAN do it.
    Even more important than him, you have to focus on doing this for yourself. You're on this broken record track right now where you can't be happy unless you're with him. Generally speaking, you'll probably continue this cycle in other relationships, which is usually not too terrible as long as it stays healthy.
    But there is a much better way, it is very possible to learn to be happy with yourself. Be happy with life and teaching yourself not to rely on other people for happiness. So that when you do get in a relationship, it only adds to your happiness, you're not dependent upon it.

18. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Scanner007, thank you again for replying. You are absolutely right. I have to do this for myself. See, I use to be happy, outgoing, determined and very positive. Now, I still smile but no one knows that I am dying inside. I know this may sound corny but it's the truth. My actions have not been the greatest and I probably made things worst for both him and I. I read other people's stories about their loved ones and there pill addiction and they are similar to mine. I guess I was his enabler. I decided to just leave the country for a while. I told him I was leaving and he asked me not to leave him. I didn't tell him he was the reason I was leaving. I told him it was something else. And I agree, I have to make myself happy and just focus on myself. You all have been great thank you all. I also read in a drug forum that if he even likes me or cares for, he loves his pills even more. I have to get my act together. Any other advice will help. Leaving the country tomorrow morning to get away from all of this mess that I created for myself but I am willing to forget about my mistakes and be happy

19. scanner007

Not corny at all if its how you really feel. Nothing wrong with that. Once you get into a healthier way again, and you won't feel so empty and like you're dying inside once you're not expending so much energy trying to love and getting nothing back.

I have one warning for you. If your friend has any means of contacting you. Well, you have to keep in mind he's addicted and you've given him money to help him. You need to be cautious, if you friend runs out of drugs/money, your friend may come up with some kind of emergency or reason why you need to come back. He might beg you, or offer something fantastic, like he may offer to suck your dick or if you could just come back maybe you and him could be a couple together. If this happens, it's his most desperate hour...and its only the pills talking, not him. Be Strong! Don't give in, this is the point at which he needs to be before he'll truly want to seek out some kind of real help getting clean. If you give in, you'll send him back to square 1 as your post said.

GOOD LUCK with everything. I hope you and him both find some peace and happiness.

20. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Scanner gives the best advice :wink:

Awesome,

You are one tough cookie. I know you care for him a lot and you love him but I think you need to get away from him. The more deeper you get into this situation with him, the harder it is one day to be friends again. I know it's hard. We've all had our share of heartache. Amd it'll be painful. But it's time to get over him, distance yourself and get back to the fun loving person you were and can be. Trust ke, as hard as it'll be, once you're healed, you will feel more confident and grateful that you did so. Loving someone means wanting the best for them. Sometimes that means us not being there. There will be slip ups, you will be tempted to go back (as you have previously) but as long as you are determined to work on your happiness, thats the end result you're looking for. Bottom line is you deserve happiness and so does he. The situation you both are in isn't making either party happy. It's time to focus on your happiness, awesome.