1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nudity, how shy are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ditz, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I used to be very shy about this sort of thing...I remember even as a child there was this weird feeling of shame and embarrassment that would come over me at the thought of anyone seeing me naked, especially girls...

I think I'm mostly over it, if society were more comfortable with nudity, I wouldn't mind being able to be naked in more situations...when I was in my dorm room I would often just stay naked after a shower. Though personally still much more comfortable with nudity in an all-male environment, even though I guess that doesn't make sense from a sexual tension perspective. In general though I think society- especially American society- needs to get over its irrational fear of the natural human body.

I also think I'll feel more comfortable being seen naked when I'm done with foreskin restoration...like the ancient Greeks, I find it it embarrassing and shameful to expose a circumcised penis.

2. Niko

Incredibly shy and self-conscious. Just the thought of me being naked in front of someone upsets me.

3. IrishEyes1989

I am not too shy about nudity. I went streaking with a group of friends a couple of summers ago and it was one of the most liberating experiences I have had in my entire life. I feel like I would be quite alright on a nudist beach lmao.

4. Emberblaze

When I get out the shower, I turn my teddy bear's head the other way and I shoo all my cats out of my room... If i wasn't so lazy, I'd turn all the pictures in my room around.

Yaa, I just CAN'T walk around naked like that even if it IS in the privacy in my own room. Now, if it's in front of strangers or other guys in the locker room, it doesn't bother me. Like when I go to a water park (Wet and Wild for instance) I can just strip down naked and not care. Heh i'm a weird kinda guy

5. FemCasanova

Pretty shy.

I have no problem wearing a bikini, but anything less than that, and I`m out. Unless it is with an intimate partner, but then it feels awkward the first few times still. But wearing a bikini in public is fine. I don`t choose those mini-bikini`s though, that show off most of your butt :grin:

I still get a bit uncomfortable it if my gf walk into the bathroom while I am half nude and brushing my teeth or something.

6. counterspade

I was raised to believe that nudity wasn't welcomed, so I kept myself dressed as possible, even in the confines of my own bedroom. I still do this, years after childhood. I was so uncomfortable with it, when I had a urinary tract infection as a child from sea lice in the ocean traveling up my urethra, I didn't tell anyone until I was basically on the verge of kidney failure. Even in the hospital, I was reluctant to reveal my genitals. They had to sedate me, and that was one of the reasons...my pure panic attack.

I used to have a problem walking around in a shirt, let alone just underwear. Now, I'm generally okay with walking around shirtless, but I still wear pants when communicating with anyone in my household. When I emerge from the shower and come into my bedroom, I put on pants and/or underwear with my towel still on. I make sure to cover my genitals first, then remove the towel and cover up my backside.

When it comes to intimacy, I'm still reluctant there, too. But I eventually get over it and the clothes come off.

Childhood scarred me. I should talk to a therapist about my messed up past, but they'd probably end the session and quit immediately after. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

I don’t even like showing my legs and so I barely wear shorts.

8. Rexmond

This. :frowning2:

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shy to the point of not even wanting anyone to see me in my underwear, let alone stark naked. I also don't like to see myself in the mirror when I'm naked. Partially because I'm not happy with how I look I guess

10. cassexy

cassexy Guest

well i am really comfortable in nude. i am nude at night and at home. outside in nude zones, i am nude.i am not shy

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I used to be but not anymore. But I won't walk around in just my boxers though.

But being naked!?? being washed and dressed by other people??! O hell no!!

12. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so-so, and it really depends on the place and who's around. Around close friends, no problem. Around someone new? Not so much a problem, if they are changing clothes or are almost naked as well. So, it definitely depends. With doctors? I also don't care.

Even if I'm not naked myself, I have no problem with someone else being naked around me (whether fully nude or in their underwear), especially if it's a lady I'm attracted to. :wink:

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2013 at 04:22 AM ----------

Wait... what? Oh my goodness. :eek: :frowning2: This makes me never want to go in the ocean again.

#72 Thieves, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  13. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

If i could walk around in the nude 24/7 I would! :grin:

14. Sinisteress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am shy about being naked in front of everyone. I always end up thinking about how bad my body might look if i were to show someone. I don't even wear short shorts. i am a little insecure about my body..
    But one day i hope that it may not matter so much..

15. Yogabear

Yogabear Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can be be privately nude with close people not the general population just is ridiculous and uncalled for. One time that I had my fiance and my best friend were goingto have a three some and it didn't go so well. She and I were naked but not him and since then me and him haven't been friends. I also have been on occasion to get randomly naked with a window or door open as autos drive by! I love the thrill of it likecrossdressing outside on a saturday morning with a blanket underneath on a seat outside! I just love he thrill of doing whatever whenever I want to do just relieves stress! Hell one time I had a hand job with a relative with my mother driving a car, so don't care about nudity that much.

16. jadakiss97

Not shy at all :grin:

17. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A few occasions spring to mind.

In hospital after heart surgery and back on the ward I had a problem with bleeding so I found myself totally naked surrounded by 4 or 5 nursing staff trying to stop the blood. Several of the other people on the ward got an eyeful as the curtains were not pulled together.

On a company “well man” medical I had a colonoscopy; I had elected not to have sedation because I wanted to watch. I was laid out naked on the exam table with this real cute French speaking male doctor lubing up my arse and giving be a good fingering before relentlessly penetrating me with 3 foot long TV camera. At one point I had to lay flat on my back looking directly at the doctor as he pushed this camera further up my arse, rather than on my side facing away from him, as he probed my arse for 15 mins. I have no idea to this day how I managed to avoid a stiffy but following the exam I, and the exam table, was covered in pre-cum. The doctor didn’t say anything; I guess he had seen it all before. All this happened before I had discovered that I was gay so it was really strange to watch my first penetration on the TV monitor.

And finally being naked during a business meeting! (Isn’t that one of the questions psychiatrists ask at job interviews). I used to design surveying instruments for the mining industry and one occasion had been down a mine with a group of our customers demonstrating our equipment. On returning to the surface we all entered a large communal shower to get cleaned up when one of the customers decided to get into a very technical and lengthy discussion about my gamma ray detector. I had no choice but to stand there stark naked face to face with the also naked customers with nothing to hide behind, fortunately I was spared the embracement of a stiffy.

So after all of that getting changed in the gym is no problem.

Sale Gay Guy

#77 SaleGayGuy, Feb 4, 2013
  18. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I'm really particular about being nude.
    Before I went to high school, I didn't mind at all.
    But the first two years of high school I was bullied a lot for being weird and nerdy.
    That and the fact that none of the guys showered after P.E. made me feel uncomfortable about being nude in front of others.
    However at the end of high school I was no longer bullied and gained a lot of confidence.
    So now I don't really mind, for example in a sauna or locker-room.
    Like some of you people though, I won't initiate it though. When my best friend sleeps over I wear a t-shirt like he does, because his body language clearly shows he's uncomfortable about being shirtless/naked in front of me.

One thing I still cannot do for some unfathomable reason, is using a urinal.
    There's just something about it that prevents me from relieving myself.
    I even get this sometime if I use a cubicle and other people in the room are being loud/talking to each other.
    Don't know why, just irks me somehow.

19. Ditz

I hate urinals too... Have no idea why but I can't use them if someone stands next to me... At least I know a couple of guys with the same issue.

Would be interesting to see what guys thoughts are on urinals... I have an idea that most guys, both straight and gay don't like them much.

#79 Ditz, Feb 4, 2013
  20. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Like you, I had to get over it after my c-sections. A week in the hospital, then a lot of help to get in and out of the shower, to get dressed, etc. I can still be really shy though. I'm definitely not the type to walk around in a bikini or anything.