1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. insidehappy

closeted bisexual with a foot fetish.

2. Ianthe

That was my favorite coming out suggestion, too.

But seriously, your idea will totally work. Especially if you finish it with "But I'm totally clueless about shoes! You have to help me."

(Be careful not to give him the impression that you don't need him on the shopping trip, though.)

3. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nooo! I love this thread. I need an update! haha. While I was reading this I was thinking: "I bet you'd die if you found out he was reading this thread the entire time."

4. Jon56

I'd definitely die if he was reading it the whole time and DIDN'T say anything about it >.<
    Though it would be quite a relief if he happened to come across it :icon_bigg

5. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

If your really unsure of what to do, then don't do anything at all. Do your study dates as planned, your hike as planned, find other reasons to be with him. Make new plans. There is obviously a mutual interest there. If the foot fetish continues, okay cool. If more things develop... okay cool. When your more comfortable being with him and your more sure of yourself, then talk to him about it. There is no reason why this has to be done right away. Just be his friend, it's that simple. Things will develop, weather it be mutual fondling of each other, trust, or a relationship. It will happen. Take your time, don't rush it. If he wants to touch you though, perhaps you should touch him. He touches your feet, touch his feet... then move your hands further up his leg, touching and rubbing and see if he says anything. But above all... be patient.

6. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread is the most exciting i've head here lol.

I wish similar happened to me XD, that would be interesting. I would be okay with foot fetish, but it would definitely be weird... and a tiny bit gross, but I'm all for new stuff! And yeah, i wouldn't take someone that rubbed my feet on his face as 100% straight... At best extremely closeted, but straight No, haha

Good luck! ^^. I hope you don't mind updating

7. cscipio

So hey....Jon...anything new?

8. Jon56

Oh hey sorry! Nothing new yet, since it is summer and all >.<
    I just thinking right now about messaging him to see if this weekend is good for a hike, I'm just worried I'll come off a little creepy messaging him again asking the same thing >.>

9. Ianthe

So don't ask him the same thing. Instead, ask him to take you shoe shopping.

I mean it. This is what you should do.

10. Jon56

Alright, I'll message him in the morning to see if he wants to shop. I don't think he gets online everyday so hopefully he will see it before long!

11. Ianthe

Why do you not have his phone number????

12. Jon56

I do have his phone number actually

13. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Call him or text him and ask to go shopping. :slight_smile:

14. Jon56

Ok I messaged him about shopping!
    I would totally text him but he doesn't have texting, and I just feel a little weird calling him up randomly >.<
    I'll go ahead and post whatever he says once he responds though

15. stumble along

Message him and ask him if its ok for you to call him? Say you miss the sound of his voice or something lol

16. Ianthe

HE DOESN'T HAVE TEXTING??? Even my mother has texting. Who doesn't have texting? That is so 5 years ago, to not have texting. How inconvenient. And people get weird with me because I don't have a smartphone...

Call him and tell him you were thinking about getting some new shoes, and you want his input, since he has made you self-conscious about the Vibrams. Is he free sometime in the next few days?

17. Jon56

It says that he "saw" my message today at around 10 with no response, so hopefully I'm not being ignored >.<
    The same thing has happened twice before, one time he responded a day or two later and the other time I didn't get a response
    And not having texting is definitely inconvenient, when we talked about it he said he was thinking of getting it

18. cscipio

Interesting.....I mean, taking out of the equasion he's just one of the naturally slow responding types (I know quite a few) and there's nothing to read into it - we have a few intepretations we can have fun with:

1) He's just not picking up on what you're dropping. I think this is probably the least likely.
    2) He thinks you're screwing with him regarding his fetish. This one is a little possible. From his point of view, he likely doesn't know you're gay. He basically showed you his cards without seeing yours. From a moderate fetishers point of view, this can be embarassing since he doesn't really know how you feel about it. A personal story - I have a straight friend who knows my orientation but didn't know about my foot fetish. While we were drunk, one thing led to another and I gave him a foot massage and told him all about it - I even asked him if I could have his shoes when he was ready to toss them. The next morning I was pretty embarassed. I didn't really want to even make eye contact. It wasn't until a little later that I brought it up in email apologizing about crossing a line and he was really cool about it. He didn't even know I was fretting it and was really open to it. Since then, he kind of delights in showing me his feet, socks, and stuff and I'm comfortable about it because I know he's not making fun. If we hadn't of talked about it though, I'd probably be avoiding him a bit.

Don't know really what next steps to take except for give him the 3 day grace and then either call or message him again with a different idea for something to do.

19. Jon56

Ok so he resonded last night =D
    This weekend he is going to the grand canyon with some friends but he said he will be back on monday and will finally be free, and said we definitely need to make me spend some money on clothes and wants me to let him know what I can =)

20. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh boy! :grin: You're very lucky, you know that?

Make sure you come out to him! :icon_wink