1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DEFINITELY COME OUT TO HIM!!!!

It's like he's been bashing you with a gigantic "I'M GAY AND I LIKE YOU!" cluebat, and you haven't even responded to it.

2. Ianthe

I agree with Csipio that you have really got to let him know that you are cool with his foot thing. Communication is awesome. Poor guy must be soooo confused.

^^Also this.

I think you should go ahead and figure out how much money you can reasonably spend on a wardrobe update right now. Then, let him know that, and have him come over to your place to assess what you currently have, so that he will know what is most needed. Perhaps you could try some things on for him. Especially shoes. That could be fun.

While he is looking at your shoes, which you can expect to be a priority item, come out to him. Maybe make a pass at him. See how that goes.

You also might want to consider whether you could part with a pair of your shoes. He might like to take a pair home with him.

Or you could blatantly offer him your feet. Like, have him sit down and stick your feet in his lap, as if this were a totally normal thing to do. Keep making normal conversation. If you get an erection while he's rubbing your feet (which he will), don't hide it this time! For that matter, flat out tell him that you like it.

You do have condoms, right? Just in case. Because something like this could get intense really suddenly. I'm not saying it will necessarily go to the condom place, but better safe than sorry, in a big way, you know?

I just can't wait until this guy realizes that you are gay, and into him, and you don't mind his foot thing and are willing to play. He's going to be so, so happy...

If you guys end up in a serious thing, I want you to show him this thread someday. Please?

If, for some reason, none of that works out, and you get back to the point where it seems like he is embarrassed and avoiding you, I think you should lay it all out on the table. You are gay, you like him, you will indulge his apparent foot fetish, if he's interested in dating you, please let you know. Even if he's not interested in you, you'd still like to be friends, and you hope he can stop feeling embarrassed about his interest in your feet now, because it doesn't bother you, and you aren't going to tell anyone.

It's not like he can out you without risking exposure himself. I mean, sure, he would know you are gay, but you know he likes to lay there and rub guys' feet on his face. He's not gonna risk you telling people about that by spreading rumors about you. So, just tell him.

Right now, he feels vulnerable and unsure about you. He thinks you are probably straight, and he doesn't know what you really think of him about the whole foot fetish thing. Have mercy on the poor guy, and be explicit that you are into him, and you would like to look forward to future foot massages, and whatever else he'd like to do to your feet.

3. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Couldn't have put it any better.

4. Jon56

Ooops I meant to say "when" I can, not "what" I can (though I already told him I had a $100 gift card)

I do have condoms in case it gets to that...though it certainly wouldn't happen at my house with my entire family around! I am hoping I could get a chance to go into his house/room though whenever we go shopping =)

And I will totally show him this if it ever gets to that point =P (He'll be like "WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN TO THEM THE FIRST TIME!?!)

5. Ianthe

Oh, and you aren't out to your family, either. Hmm.

Well, still make sure to get the point across somehow. Such as telling him explicitly, if necessary.

6. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where in Europe is he from? Or is he from Europe? What am I saying? Europe? Eheraluwpe?eahjeklejewm.//...e..

7. Jon56

Belgium. He didn't live his entire life there, just more of his impressionable teenage ones

8. insidehappy

i have not read the entire post but if someone puts your feet on their face, its pretty safe to say they are into some level of alternative lifestyle situations so just let him know you're gay and ask if that changes anything but you wanted to be open. see what happens and go from there.

9. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I've spent some time in Europe and they really don't shy away from the idea of open sexuality. Probably a cliché, but it's generally pretty true. They also form really strong friendships. I can't say for sure about Belgians because I haven't been to Belgium, but, in general, they're much more free wheelin' about things. In any case, I don't think they smell each others' feet. I think he likes you! Go get him!

10. Ianthe

So, he's back from the Grand Canyon today, right? Did you set a date for the shopping trip?

11. stumble along

Yes Belgians are fun people, I have some friends coming over to the US from there for awhile.

But seriously you should come out to him asap! He has to keep it a secret no matter what because you know about his fetish and if it grts out that he had you on his face for half an hour that will be tough to live down. So yeah just tell him already, if he's a bit shy about being gay then it'll also give him time to potentially either be more receptive when you tell him you like him or he'll come out and ask you himself.

12. Jon56

I assume he will be back at least around 3 considering the drive back. I'm trying to figure the days I for sure can before messaging him though, but I'll definitely get a message to him before the day is over =)

13. cscipio

So....unless he's still looking for Peter Brady in the Grand Canyon, I assume you've heard back from that message?

14. Jon56

Well it says he's "seen" it but still I'm not sure how accurate that new feature is, so I messaged him again saying that I double checked the days I said I could hang out and that I for sure can (in case he didn't actually see the message and so that it says he has one).
    I said Friday, Saturday, or Sunday all work for me.

We shall see...

15. xXPsychedelicXx

This thread is just so... addicting. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope everything works out for you!

16. Ianthe

Is anything happening with this??? Are you going shopping this weekend?

17. Jon56

I havent heard back yet :frowning2:
    I'm going absolutely crazy! If I'm at the computer I find myself checking every minute to see if he responded >.<

18. Ianthe

When did you last try him? Maybe you should try again.

19. Jon56

Messaged him June 13, says he "saw" it on Thursday morning >.>

20. Ianthe

Well, you could send him a message, trying to confirm plans... one of the days you told him you were free was yesterday.

Maybe you could call him. It could be he doesn't have texting because he prefers phone calls.