1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. RealityCheck

Shopping!!!!!! Oh yeah....you might as well just lay one on this guy.

2. Brenny

Ooh okay that sounds exciting! Hiking and shopping... slight possibility... but who knows! Go, enjoy, and let me know how things turn out! Friends is always a good thing.

3. cscipio

I'd be certain to include some new boots in the shopping list.

4. Jon56

hahahah one of the main things he thinks I should get are a nice pair of shoes =P

5. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is enticing. I really can't wait to hear more! He's definitely into you, by the way. Don't even doubt it.

6. insidehappy

sounds like he has a foot festish and may be bisexual.

7. Ianthe

He wants to dress you? Like, pick out stuff for you to wear? :roflmao: Please don't tell me you still aren't sure where this is going... Are you serious? I'm sure the only reason things are still moving at this excruciatingly slow pace is that he's not totally sure if you are gay. (He doesn't have quite as much evidence as you, remember.)

You should contact him and offer some specific times for the shopping trip. Maybe make the times before the hiking trip--you said "next week," but what day? How long are we talking here?

Alternatively, you could invite him to your place in order to help you evaluate your footwear for hiking. As in: "So, I was thinking about our hike, and I thought maybe you could come over and help me decide which shoes I should wear. And since we were talking about getting me some new clothes and shoes, it might be a good for you to get an idea of what I already have. Are you available in the next few days?"

Don't worry if it seems like the ploy is obvious. The more obvious, the better, at this point, I think. And it would be a really good idea for you to initiate something with the foot thing, to make it really clear that you're okay with it.

Strike while the iron is hot, and all that...

8. Oblivion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've just sat and read through this whole thread instead of watching Corrie...
    Damn you for being so interesting :wink:
    Also, he sounds kind of gay. Shopping and feeling your feet? Sounds very suspicious to me, I think this is leading somewhere...=3
    P.s. sorry for being nosey, but it really was interesting XD

9. TheGreyMan

Why are we all so engrossed in this thread?

It's just so excited for some reason

10. stumble along

as soon as i saw shopping thats kind of a giveaway, i would be more surprised if he wasnt gay or bi or at least something.

one bro does not simply ask another bro out on a shopping trip and play it cool.

unless its for manly things...like footballs, and sports stuff, and beer.... yeah

'MURRICA

im sorry, but you get the point yeah?

11. TheGreyMan

Why on earth would you need to like, go shopping for footballs?

You only need one and it's not like they break often.

Sorry... Being in depth over a dumb joke ;P

12. Jon56

Yea to clarify the shopping thing...when we first started talking/studying I mentioned how he dresses so well and how I wish I was able to do that, and so he said he could come with me shopping and help pick stuff out (he did specifically mention shoes since he doesn't like my Vibrums =P)

I don't think I will be able to invite him over like Ianthe suggested, but I'm gonna ask if he is able to hike on Monday (and if not Monday it will have to wait till further in the week).

Also I feel like everyone should know how gorgeous he is... he LITERALLY looks like Robert Pattinson had a baby with Daniel Radcliffe =D

13. dreamcatcher

He wants to take you shopping?! This man has a mega crush on you and wants to have babies with your feet. Please, for the sake of all your followers on this thread, tell him that he rocks your world and that you're gay. Then make out with him and make a thread about your fantastic love life.

14. Ianthe

Oh, monday is not so far off.

He mentioned your shoes because he has a foot fetish that extends to shoes. He is particular about shoes, because of the foot thing. You should get whatever shoes he thinks are good. I'm serious.

Everybody's point about the shopping stands. Straight guys do not suggest shopping as an activity with a new straight guy friend. Of course, straight guys don't often compliment each other's clothing like that, either.

In fact, in my experience, many straight men do not do their own shopping for clothes at all. Their clothes are bought by women--some guys buy their own clothes if they don't have a girlfriend or something. But sometimes, their mother still buys most of their clothes for them, even if they're in their thirties or forties! And when they get married, their wives are just expected to do it. In some cases, if no one buys clothes for them, they will not get new clothes until the ones they have literally fall apart!

Even if a straight guy would enjoy a shopping trip, he's kind of unlikely to admit it or to suggest it.

So, yeah, he's gay. And, not only is he gay, but he's totally into you.

But we already knew that because he rubbed your feet on his face for half an hour. We are way past the "is he gay" question. We are more to the "is either of them ever going to have the balls to make an actual move, or are they going to go on like this indefinitely" question.

You should arrange for him to have access to your feet again. He will totally rub them on his face again (it's not the kind of thing a guy does only once).

This pretty much gives you permission to try rubbing your face on whatever part of him is exciting for you. That will allow you to avoid any awkward coming out discussion, since it will then be completely apparent that you are both gay. (And think about it this way, too--if you were rubbing your face on a guy, regardless of what part of his body it was, would there be any way it wasn't sexual? Can you imagine any other reason for rubbing your face on a guy?)

Look, all that at the beginning where he was smelling your socks and stuff--that's YOU he was smelling, ok? That is seriously him purposely breathing in your scent, your personal body odor. He was like, breathing you in, see? How likely is it that you would ever smell someone you weren't sexually interested in? And he rubbed you all over his face, immersing his senses in you for half an hour. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY it wasn't sexual. Truly.

Imagine if a woman told you about a man doing that to her feet. Would there be any possible way that it wasn't sexual? The fact that you are a man changes nothing--it is still clearly sexual. I don't care what part of your body we're talking about, if a guy is rubbing his face on you for half an hour, it's a pretty clear signal that he wants to have sex with you. Actually, rubbing his face on you at all is a pretty good sign. People really don't do that to people they don't want to have sex with. But sustaining it for half an hour makes it pretty much certain.

Try to remember for future reference:

If a hot guy is rubbing his face on you, it's time to go for his cock! :eek:

15. HunterN95

You should have leaned in for a kiss! If he is comfortable with molesting your feet, he shouldn't have a problem with locking lips :thumbsup:

16. Jon56

I guess the signs are pretty clear, huh?
    I think the main thing that is holding me back is just in off-chance he isn't gay, I'd hate to be in that situation >.< though he probably is

If only I were more obviously gay hahaha, its a blessing and a curse >.<

17. Lad123

I think your views on straight men shopping for their own clothes is rather out-dated. More and more straight men are taking care of themselves with grooming and fashion. Over here in the UK at least, mothers may have bought clothes for their boys aged like 12 but once they reach puberty its entirely different from there. I think you will find a growing number of metrosexuals walking around these days than before. This is quite annoying actually because it is becoming more difficult for gay guys to spot other gays :lol:

18. Jon56

Now you threw me off again! =P

19. Lad123

^ Haha don't worry :slight_smile:

The foot on face for half an hour is still gay though!

20. Ianthe

Oh, no. It definitely isn't as bad as it used to be. And mothers buying adult men their clothes is a lot less common than their girlfriends or wives--I think most straight guys buy their own clothes when they aren't in a relationship.

But I think it's still enough of a gendered thing that most straight guys, even if they personally enjoy shopping, are unlikely to invite a new friend on that particular activity, as one of the first things they do together. If they new each other better, I wouldn't think this was any kind of indicator. It isn't the fact that he likes shopping that's the indicator for me, it's that he let that be something that's part of how he represents himself to someone new. Like, he isn't afraid of seeming "unmanly" to someone that he's just establishing a friendship with. I mean, shopping as a social activity is still considered kind of a girl thing.

And his particular interest in the shoes is, as I said before, obviously related to the foot fetish.

However, I admit that in the absence of other evidence, the shopping would not be conclusive. But we have plenty of other evidence, and we already know the guy is gay. And, seriously, I NEVER say that in the "how do I know if he's gay" threads. Usually, I say that you have to come out to the guy, and then you can possibly ask him.

But I don't think the case could possibly be any clearer.

Jon56, seriously--I'm as certain that this guy likes you as I would be if he had kissed you. It's like you're on here saying, "There's this guy I like, and I invited him over to do homework. And while he was here, he kissed me! Do you think he might be gay?"

I want you to do something for me. Go find a girl to talk to. Pretty much any girl, but one with reasonably good social skills is best. Describe the whole scenario with him smelling your shoes and socks and rubbing his face on your feet for half an hour, but pretend it happened to a girl you know. Explain that the imaginary girl really likes the guy, but was confused by this behavior--she isn't sure that the guy likes her like that. Ask the girl you are talking to if you can safely tell your (imaginary) friend that the guy is interested in her.

I bet you she says "foot fetish" really, really fast. And "she" should go for it, because the dude likes "her."

There is a really high probability that, at some time, or maybe many times, since that first encounter, he has whacked off thinking about it, all the while desperately wishing he had your socks to smell while he did so. Unless either or both of your toe socks you showed him happened to go missing that day, in which case he doesn't have to wish.

That's what it means when a guy smells your socks on purpose, and is totally the opposite of grossed out by it.