1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BudderMC

Played Syndra in probably my 4th non-bots match with her today... went 23/5. I got fairly lucky in a couple of spots, but still. She's really, really fun. And the Justicar skin is like the prettiest skin (and art) in the whole goddamn game. Do want :love:

For Syn, I've been building her boots/pots -> 2 dorans -> chalice -> morello's -> finish athenes/start rylais so far. The dorans gives a good amount of mana sustain so long as you focus on last-hitting (which is also good), and then with a chalice you'll almost never go oom if you aren't spamming your skills endlessly. Morello's + Athene's + masteries gives me 39% CDR (2.4 sec cooldown on my Q) and enough mana regen to sustain me, even without blue.

Seems to be working so far. I'm playing her focusing on heavy poke rather than stacking AP to do ridiculous burst... though full build ends with something like 658 AP anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^^ I'll have to try that build out. I also have CD red + Mana Reg runes, so that should help me out too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [youtube]L7mPlpu4Zmo[/youtube]

4. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is so true. Something is horribly wrong with the LoL community. I can't remember the last game I've played where there hasn't been some form of raging from a member of either team. If you play HoN or DotA 2 you won't find this at all. I think the combination of a low skill-cap game (which attracts younger, more immature people) and the frustration generated by this style of game creates this environment.

BTW I think if you do well in lane early with Syndra you should go: dorans -> rylais -> deathcap because you will snowball ridiculously since all you need for a kill is q, e/w (whichever is the throw), r and ignite. (Alternatively you could do ROA -> rylai/deathcap -> rylai/deathcap. Although CDR helps in teamfights, your primary aim is to eliminate the AD as soon as possible with your burst. Also you should be getting your MRegen from runes (mpen red, mregen yellow, ap/lvl blue, ap quint). This is how I play her anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. (You should probably avoid this if you don't do well in lane).

5. Jonathan

I just got Cassiopeia and from the few bot games I've played with her so far, I think that she's a pretty fun champion :slight_smile:

6. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I recently had a game where my team (mainly GP) kept going on about how jungle shen sucks. I was doing just fine and getting good taunts off, while GP wanted me to babby sit him bot and lost lane harder than I thought you could lose a duo lane (or a lane with Blitz for that matter). I had to mute everyone in that game because they weren't saying anything useful and I found myself reading their meaningless comments instead of paying attention to the game.

I've come to the conclusion that I should only play PvP games when at least one of my friends is on my team.

7. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Awesome! I hear she has one of the highest DPS potentials of the AP mids. I really want to try her out, but she is never on a free week rotation! :frowning2:

8. Ticklish Fish

Welcome to the Champion's Reef

9. HeyBeard

Ahri is my favorite Mid, shes such a fun character to use..I'm definitely buying her when she isn't free anymore :grin:

10. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wanting Cassiopeia for a while now. Can't wait for her to go on sale.
    I've been demolishing as Syndra mid lately and Fizz.

11. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thresh sounds interesting :slight_smile:

12. Jonathan

A few days ago I played a game where the other team used Karthus as the support for their bot adc and he was surprisingly pretty effective. His lay waste made it extremely difficult for me (Kog'maw) to farm minions because he was constantly harassing me with it. The reach of the skill was pretty annoying (and somewhat cheap). I mean, I could be standing a little bit behind my turret trying to pick up some minion kills (minions were all the way to the turret) and he could still cast it from so far away where he could hit me and not activate my turret. It was an unusual pick for support, but it was used very well.

13. sanguine

Hmmm not true, I play LoL, HoN, dota and dota2,

If you ask for my opinion HoN and Dota/Dota2 communities makes the LoL community look like a bunch of 12 year olds,

for HoN my rating is 1682, the average rating being 1300-1400, the level of rage is no comparison to LoL, the fact that there is an inbuilt talk system also makes it worst, I can literally swear to my team mates call them noobs and all of the above (I dont do that but I do defend my friends and thats when shit goes down) It doesnt help that you can also vote to kick a team mate and make their leaver % go up (another thing Im guilty of doing)

Same thing for Dota2, when you sign up it asks you your level of play and experience and it matches you accordingly, what Ive noticed is the high level players tend to be more picky and angry at mistakes compared to when I play on my friends account who picked a beginner at Dota, absolutely no one is angry and ofcourse everyone is horrible.

BUT you are definitely right when it comes to LoL attracting younger players or novices because of its low skill cap, But I find at the low level play or when you are just starting to play, its probably one of the best environments before you start accumulating wins and vsing harder people, and that's when the community gets bad

14. Parzival

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    LoL official mac client makes me so happy :grin:

15. Lad123

I agree! When I first started playing LoL it was so much fun because people were friendly with lots of teamwork going on and there was very little flaming. However as I got near the level 30 mark, all i saw was rage, rage and more rage. It completely ruined the experience for me and now I just play intermediate bot games haha. Very rarely would I decide to play a normal because the people are absolutely vile.

16. Acobi

Acobi Guest

17. Rexmond

Buying Quinn as soon as her bundle is released. An ADC that can blind will be so hard to counter (unless you're Corki or someone that bursts skills), like Teemo. She looks like a really fun champ, and I can't wait. It's a shame my computer broke otherwise I play her on PBE. :frowning2:

18. BudderMC

Oh my god, Karma is the most fun champion I've played in aaaaaaages...

19. Zendlar

Lil' Annie is my fave, gotta love Tibbers!

20. BudderMC

I killed a mid Karma as support Karma... xD