Is he gay or just...different?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jon56, May 12, 2012.

1. cscipio

You are cracking me up!

Jon - She is absolutely correct. Coming from a moderate fetisher, there is just no other way to interpret this. Unless you just completely over exaggerated the initial situation, that guy is into you and your feet. Shoes, socks, it all plays into the fetish and everyone has their preference (if they like feet that is). Purposely wear your Vibrams around him and point out that your foot is a bit sore. When (not if) he comments on not liking your Vibrams, ask him what he thinks would be better then. He'll likely list off a variety of things and possibly in detail. Say one of those brands / types is 'hot' - watch him squirm when you say it. When you go try on shoes, tell him you're not sure if the fit right. I'll bet you money he'll stoop down and press the toe box and sides to 'confirm' they fit or don't. If he doesn't he's shy, but no less interested in feet. In fact, without making it obvious, watch how much time he spends looking at your feet and shoes while you shop. I guarantee if he's looking at merchandise, it's specifically for you. When you're trying the shoes on, his eyes will be busy studying your feet.

What kind of shoes does he wear? Does he wear a different pair all the time? Many guys who are into shoes more than feet will have a decent collection - not all, depends on the degree they like shoes. Does he wear zany or a variety of colored / branded socks?

Looking forward to hearing more.

2. bob94

This is soooo sweet! You must keep us updated!

3. Jon56

[/QUOTE]

What kind of shoes does he wear? Does he wear a different pair all the time? Many guys who are into shoes more than feet will have a decent collection - not all, depends on the degree they like shoes. Does he wear zany or a variety of colored / branded socks?

Looking forward to hearing more.[/QUOTE]

He really only wears one (maybe 2) pairs, and the ones he mainly wears are on the fancier side/more formal looking, and doesn't really wear super exciting socks, just regular dress socks

Hmmm that quote thing didn't work so well, but you get the idea hahaha

4. Ianthe

Sounds like he likes classy rather than zany. I bet his whole wardrobe is designed so that he can wear dress shoes all the time without it looking odd. I'm not surprised he doesn't like Vibrams--they aren't exactly a classic. I bet they drew his attention, though, being foot-shaped like they are. Maybe what he doesn't like about them is that they are too revealing, or something.

Did you wear them with the toe-socks? Is that when you and he talked about them?

Do you believe me yet that he's into you?

5. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He'd better! Not a smidgeon of doubt in any else's mind.

6. 55

Wow! I just started reading this thread tonight and couldn't stop reading until I reached the (current) end. Can't wait to see what happens next!

My thought was, wouldn't it be wierd if the other guy is posting a month-long thread about the hot guy who let me put his feet on my face for a half-hour on another site like this. Some sort of parallel universe thing. :icon_bigg Maybe I'll google it!

7. TheGreyMan

Unfortunately we only get updates when things actually happen :/

Love your name, though.

8. Jon56

Well the first time we talked about the shoes/vibrams was over FB when he said no one here really cares about their shoes, then asked what I was wearing one day (the Vibrams). He did say that he remembered I wasn't wearing socks. And of course the shoes themselves do look a little odd in public. Then the next day was our study session when I purposefully wore the Vibrams with socks, then it all ensued =P

And I think I'm starting to believe you =P he definitely wants to be friends at the least
    Still not response on whether or not he wants to hike tomarrow, but figured he wouldn't be able to anyways since he said we should try doing it in a week or so (basically June).

9. cscipio

He talked to you about your shoes online?!? He had your feet in your face?!? He wants to go shopping with you?!? GO GET SOME!!!

OK - let me explain to you how a fetisher sees the world: I hung out with my friends tonight(made up names, but the story is not altered at all). We met at Brian's house - he wore no-name socks with a green stitch and a grey cap across his toes. His pinky wasn't inside the cap which kind of bothered me a bit. Bill had Hanes on and the toe-cap (grey again) was too big making his foot look hoofish and not very attractive. Chris had on white no-show socks with dirty soles that outlinded his arches well. We went to go shoot pool. Chris wore his mid-high Nike Air Max black with white accent shoes where the ankle support barely showed the white no-show and his jeans were just short enough to reveal has well defined ankle and abrubt line where his leg hair stops. Brian wore DVS skater shoes with the laces inverted (where the tie is under the shoe tongue) his jeans broke at the shoe and dragged the floor. Bill wore some god-aweful tan colored Wal-Mart boots that I didn't give a second thought to. We met Justin and another Brian at the pool hall. Justin had some odd tan/black metro-hiking shoe and a weird limp which was unattractive. The second Brian wore Nike basketball shoes that were white with black accents. They were appx size 10 or so but non-descript and I couldn't catch the type because of his low cut jeans. He had no ass and his jeans were a bit oddly shaped <<<--- see how this goes? We (fetishers) pay far more attention to feet than faces. I couldn't tell you the color shirts, eye-wear, or who even wore a hat.

If he talked to you about your shoes (of all things) online - HE. IS. INTO. YOU. Don't start to believe us - believe us --- I could only wish I had somebody so easily in my lap. Unless you're not into him. Just do it - I parrot Ianthe - I've not been around the boards much and I'm one of the first first skeptics to say "probably not" when somebody asks the "is he gay or not" question. If everything you said is true, this guy is into you.

10. Jon56

Wow, I have to say that actually put a lot of the foot/shoe thing in perspective. Now I cant wait to see him again and put more of this advice to use, especially if he looks at my feet a lot

11. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

You made up names of the people you hang out with in an online forum that none of them will ever visit, and you described their shoes. Are you protecting their identities from strangers online they will never meet? Or their footwear? I'm so confused right now.

12. Ianthe

Jon56, I am really glad we're getting through to you. And he will look at your feet.

If you want to see him sooner than later, tell him he's made you self-conscious about the Vibrams, and he has to help you pick out some new shoes.

13. cscipio

meh - just following the forum rules :wink:

14. Jon56

So now that it is getting closer to when we will hike (no definite date yet still), I've been thinking about the best way to come out to him, I certainly don't want to do it out of the blue...so any suggestions?

15. Ianthe

I guess you mean other than just escalating things the next time he's rubbing himself all over your feet?

"I think we're getting to be good friends--or, you know, whatever--so I just want to tell you, I'm gay. Now, when do you want to take me shoe shopping?"

"It's really important that you know, I'm gay. Because, the thing is, if you do that thing with my feet again, I'm going to take it as a sexual invitation. It's no fair for you to be having all the fun."

"You want my feet. I want your dick. I think we can make this work."

"Hey, so I wanted to apologize for not responding more when you were rubbing my feet on yourself. I've only recently accepted that I'm gay, and I'm not really very experienced, so I was kind of confused about what was going on. I wasn't sure if it was sexual, or what. Then, later, after thinking about it a little--well, a lot, really--and after this crazy lesbian from the Internets explained it to me ten or fifteen times, I realized, there was no other possible explanation! It was definitely some kind of sex thing--and I just sat there the whole time you were touching me, trying not to let you see that it made me hard. Next time, I promise I'll be more responsive, and not leave you to wonder what I'm thinking."

Any of those should do. Or you could just seduce him. Then, he'd definitely know. All you'd have to do is take off your shoes at some point, and act like your feet are sore. Seducing him during the ensuing foot massage should be fairly simple.

Alternatively, you could take the totally casual route, and just start referring to your gayness as if it were and obvious fact known to everyone. Like, pretend as if he already knew, and start saying things like, "that reminds me of this guy I used to have the hots for," or "ever since I started coming out..."

16. cscipio

Let's make a deal - awesome!

Are you camping or just day hiking? You could be so bold as to just prop your feet in his lap, or extremely close to him, during a break and act as if it's nothing. This would be best at night near the camp fire if you're camping. If he starts unlacing give him encouragement. Muttering something about your sore feet would be perfect at this point. If he shoves them off, it doesn't mean much less of his fetish - he's just deflecting to throw you off if he's embarassed since he greatly over exposed himself last time.

I highly doubt you'll have a bad reaction to coming out to him. If you're that worried about it, while I wouldn't suggest waiting for this, do it while he's rubbing your feet again. He can't possibly react poorly in such a vulnerable position.

17. Jon56

I personally like this one the best =P

And it's just a couple hour hike, though a camp-hike would be an excellent oppurtunity.

I'm thinking maybe bringing up the shopping/him helping pick out clothes and mention something like, "I'm gay so I'm supposed to be able to pick out a good outfit" or something to that similar effect (all gay stereotypes aside)

18. jake1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey buddy, im with everyone else here... i've never heard of any straight guy wanting to rub some other guy's feet all over his face for half an hour. that means he definitely likes your feet. put it this way.... if you didnt like feet, would you rub your face all over someone elses? :wink:

but definitely keep us updated!!

19. bob94

I think I read this from somebody's signature on this site: "Let's get one thing straight, I'm not."

Right to the point, I love it!