1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eclipse = Gun to my head....

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lets see all the wrong things about Twilight, where to start?

The vampires are a joke. We hardly ever see their fangs, and they can walk out in daylight as long as it's cloudy, really?!?! LMAO. And what about the sun that makes them sparkle, doesn't that make them fairies and not vampires?

I think the relationship between Bella and Edward is actually dangerous. He is stalking her and looking at her, she is not spending time with anyone else but him. Doesn't anyone see that this is NOT a healthy relationship? What kind of message does this send to youth today? It's not romantic at all in my opinion, it's the opposite of romantic, it raises many warning signs. And well, it's not right.

Another issue is the so called "triangle." What triangle is there when she decided who to be with from the start? Where is the excitement in that? Is that interesting? Jacob tries to make a move on Bella, but it's obvious she doesn't feel the same. The movie had potential, had they evolved the triangle drama more. But it just didn't work at all. And the fourth book is such crap. Was there any point to involve Jacob at all? I just don't get the craze. The books suck, the movies suck. The only redemning quality is the shirtless Jacob.

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah....I'd be so-so about it if we'd been dating at that time. But the fact he was watching her each night before even talking to her or dating her, it really is just like "uh....wtf?"

3. Emberstone

there was no triangle.

Meyer has underlying racist tendacies in her writing. The native americans are treated with a certian disdain by her, and she is following hurtful stereotypes. they are often treated as stupid, lazy, or savage through underlying subtext, even if she does not come out to say it.

Bella was never going to choose jacob on the basis that one, he is a minority, two, he is not white enough, and three, he is poor.

Edward is as white as white can be, he is white in racial profile, and he is exhorbiantly rich.

jacob would have been the better choice by far from a emotional and moral standpoint. it would have had more power as a plot than edward rough sexing her into a blackout, and continuing to pound her until the bed is broken into peices.

4. Emberstone

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I Am Soooooo Seeing That Movie!!!

6. VampConspiracy

THIS, with regards to Twilight only (okay, so any teen-girl-hooks-up-with-"hot"-vampire story...).

As long as it doesn't turn out like Epic Movie, I'm watching i--wait.

Dammit.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Epic Movie was hilarious. You just don't know good satire :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. And before you say it, yes I'll admit it wasn't as hilarious as Scary Movie but none the less.

8. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    I Liked esclipse I thought it was pretty good even though there were some parts that I didn't quite like for example bella's engament ring it looked really big and gaudy and the graduation did seemed a little rushed. I liked the love triangle though it seemed like there was some angst in it though not like in the book but I'm sure the director tried, I think that they did a good job with esclipse was good even bella seemed better in that one overall it was a very good movie to me.

9. kettleoffish

I think a small part of me just died..

10. Just Adam

saw it yesterday was ok... jasper got a much bigger part this time... best bit was Jacobs abs.. and im not even fussed on muscles but its the only bit that got my focus like uber loads lol

also twilight glitter vamps are so easy to kill its pathetic really lol...

the next one unless its rated 15 over here i dont know how they can do iit...