1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eclipse = Gun to my head....

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all, I just saw Eclipse and aside from the lovely battle sequence and Taylor Lautner's abs sorta, which were fun to watch, I feel I just wasted 2 1/2 hours (well more like 2 h 4m but felt longer) of my life watching it. I swear the movie was just a love triangle of "I love you" "No I love you" "I love you both" the ENTIRE movie....Please do not waste your time with this film, Twilight lover or not you won't enjoy it. The boy I work with who has Autism decided he wanted to see it so I took him, and he stayed awake for New Moon (the most boring of the four books), but he actually FELL ASLEEP during half of the Eclipse movie and he NEVER falls asleep in a movie. So please, I beg you, do yourself a favour and stay away because you will walk out thinking it was complete absolute utter filth. I will never let myself see it again frankly because of how horrible it was and will not buy it either....I just couldn't let a movie that I think deserves number 1 on the worst movies ever made sit on my movie shelf, I would hate myself if I bought that. So please, please, PLEASE, don't watch it.

2. VampConspiracy

I don't care how hot the guys or girls are in a movie until it passes through a few other filters.

Annoyance factor - Okay, so Twilight doesn't have so much this factor, but it has the stupidity factor. The first two movies and the first half of the first book are enough for me.

I don't remember the names of the actors or actresses - I don't know them personally, so I don't give a care. If the whole premise of the storyline - some stupid teen romance novel with some twisted girl-meets-vampire-meets-werewolf-meets-girl junk - or the fact that vampires SPARKLE in the sunlight didn't get to me first, the horrible, cheesy acting would have.

Following the tradition of the previous two movies, there is no way in hell I would go to a theater to watch it - I might laugh at it in my own home with the power of Netflix. Judging by the other two movies, however...

3. ANightDude

I highly disagree. I read half the first book and stopped because I was so disappointed. The film was directed well and surprisingly acted better than the best two, and they even gave some more life to Bella, considering the last two films she had the personality of a block of wood. I watched all three films a row at a special screening yesterday, and I did it to get out of the house, so I went with some friends. And guess what? I actually had a good time and enjoyed all three films.

Claiming Eclipse was bad depends on your preferences. I personally thought the film was well made, had much better editing, WAY better direction, better acting than the first two, and even the score was put together better, considering it was just placed wherever in Twilight and New Moon. Gahd, Twilight was a total mess of a film.

The series has vastly improved over the series. And being to "I'm with the haters because it's popular group" just makes people sound moronic. Go to the movies, let your imagination go and just watch and enjoy the movie. It doesn't have to be a movie, and if all people are going to do after is sit back and complain about it, then don't bother watching the rest of the series.

4. Étoile

5. Emberstone

6. KittyBoy

Stephanie Meyer should have her arms lopped off if she EVER picks up a pen again, as well as having her mouth sown shut if she EVER talks again. Not only has she created a generation of mindless idiots, she has destroyed two of the longest standing supernatural cultures in history. Vampires and Werewolves. Creatures that have been spoken of throughout the millennia. Vampires have NEVER sparkled and Werewolves have NEVER transformed whenever they wanted. She messed with institution.That deserves a railroad spike to the skull at the very least. If I EVER have the displeasure of meeting her I will either kill her in the most violent way possible or myself so that I never have to suffer her stupidity again.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not hating. I'm critiquing. I'm saying the acting was quite poor sadly, unlike what you believe. Yes Bella was a bit better simply in the scene with her mother, at least she showed emotion. And the Jacob x Bella thing was so-so. But I'm sorry I just felt they still could work much better. I think maybe the best acting in the entire film was the scene with Rosalie lol. Frankly I hate the fact people now say i'm conforming with the haters because just saying that means you're conforming to the haters of the haters which I think is rather amusing. I'm not conforming to the haters because I don't hate the series I simply hate the fact that it can be called a film. The books unlike Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc should have stayed books. You cannot make a film that is just constant talking....they didn't develop the characters much more than they have, all that can be said is Bella/Kristen maybe took some acting lessons...that's about it. So don't say I'm conforming...because I'm not. I'm not in the "I like Twilight" or "I hate Twilight" groups, I'm simply critiquing it on it's basis as a film because that's how I look at it, not as the "Twilight phenomenon"

----------

Hate to tell you, but we still have Midnight Sun to look forward to. Oh and she wrote a Novella about that young newborn Bree Tanner...

8. Emberstone

i wouldnt go that far... but a south pacific island that has electrified fences to keep her in seems in order.

I refuse to see eclipse. I refuse to put more money in the pocket of a woman who likes to imply she was the new jk rowling. a woman who constantly gushes about how great a person she is, while telling fans at book signings that she doesnt want to be there becaue she hates doing book signings. yah... your so like jk rowling. I remeber when she drops her pants at a book signing, and told everyone to kiss her ass cause she hates them... oh wait... that wasnt jk rowling... that was you.

9. KittyBoy

Oh Joy.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woow. Yeah I'd love to kick her in the ass :slight_smile: Joanne however I'm sure is an extremely lovely woman and treats her fans with respects. I believe she also doesn't refer to us as her fans but as her readers which is a much better term don't you think?

11. Étoile

Vampires and wearwolves don't exist, so they can look/act/sound/be anything the author/director/playwright/game designer wants them to be. People overreact to the sparkling wayy too much. It's truely not that serious. It wasn't even a main point of the movie.

Dracula, Nosferatu, Blade, and True Blood haven't be tarnished because of Twilight. People still hold vampires in a positive light (Get in? Light? Vampires? *crickets*)

Twilight is a teen romance novel. Did you seriously expect it to be some gritty, hardcore masterpiece?

And isn't Meyer coming out with a movie for her other series The Host?

12. 507bro

yeah it was kinda boring i wish taylor's acting was better gawd it was so
    awful. personally i hate movies with love triangles so annoying lol.
    one person dies and the chick cries her eyes out and everyone
    is sad in the theater. i watched it a 2:30 in the morning because
    my friends wanted to see it. so not worth the late night showing.

13. Emberstone

oh god. twilight infiltrated the Kagen Confirmation hearings... i kid you not...

Don't care that the questioner was a democrat, and therefore a member of my party... IMPEACH HER FOR ASKING SUCH A STUPID QUESTION.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100630/pl_ynews/ynews_pl2959

also, it has a video, if you want to watch the exchange.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...no wonder I hate politics....

15. Étoile

A sad day for politics.

16. thevre

Taylor Lautner made new moon bearable for me.

I swear to god I dream of him at least a couple times a month.

#16 thevre, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  17. VampConspiracy

EPIC SIGH! I'm facepalming as I'm typing this. I'm rather glad I stopped following politics so closely...

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and what about Victoria?! I mean I know I know we knew she had been recasted but like, I loved the original because she had this sultry voice and looked so villainous. This new one looks like a little kid and her angry face is like...wtf.

19. ANightDude

I noticed a change, but nothing significant. Not really noticeable, in my opinion. :/

20. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sigh.

/POLITICS FAIL.