1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eclipse = Gun to my head....

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jazzrawr

I really just ignore the Twilight fad. It'll fade as soon as the teen girls who love it grow up and realize boys don't sparkle, so hopefully if I ignore it, it will disappear.

Bad writing, bad screenwriting, bad acting. No, thanks. I'll go read/watch something worthwhile. That has a point.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Emberstone

it wont be the last time.

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Maybe he's a vampire-god now O:

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's kinda sad he died but it made me a giggle a bit.

As for what did just make me cry is I got an e-mail from the English Department at my university...and they're starting a course................based on Twilight. I think I just completely lost my mind now....I'm so sad......

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That's..

Just stupid.

Starting an entire course off of anything like Twilight, Harry Potter, etc is just plain stupid.

Tell your university I said it needs to die.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *slaps* Harry Potter I'd take because I love it so shut your mouth. But Twilight yes....though I did exaggerate. It's a course on Gothic Literature like The Exorcist, Pontypool, and Twilight. But just the fact that they're examining Twilight it's like SERIOUSLY?

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That's..completely different. XD

What you said was a course based on Twilight, but it's not. It's a course involving Twilight. That's different. XD

9. Emberstone

Is the course going to dissect and rebuke the crappyness of twilight, and use it as a stepping stone for showing what bad writing is.

or is it being taught by a unmarried 40 year old woman who collects kitten statuettes?

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea...but none the less, a course with twilight in it will either be complete brilliance.......or complete lunacy. I almost would sign up for that course simply to rip it apart. And if the teacher even looked into where it may have passed, I'd raise my hand and say "no, it doesn't pass anything, it doesn't pass as literature. It passes as a piece of toilet paper. I would rather have it as toilet paper in this entire university than on bookshelves because it doesn't deserve respect let alone the insanity that has developed from it.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a question for all: Does anyone despise the fact people say "I want him to be my Edward" when it use to be "I want him to be my Romeo"? I think of all the things, this is the only thing I actually hate with a passion. To me, comparing Twilight to Shakespeare is like comparing Courtney Love to Julie Andrews...it just doesn't work that way and it NEVER will.

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

That's sad..:roflmao:

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Indeed it is. There's even a Facebook group for it.

----------

Indeed it is. There's even a Facebook group for it. Or there was a while back....can't seem to find it amongst the over 500 Facebook groups....luckily some of the groups are anti-edward groups :grin:

14. Davey

I haven't read this thread except the first post and I know I just need to say.

"Everyone has their own opinions."

15. Emberstone

but some opinions are grounded in reality...

... and some are based in lala land where people spend their freetime at hot topic, gushing over how much they want to be raped/molested/abdominally fondled by jacob/edward.

16. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watched it. It really just seemed like a continuation of the other two movies. My favorite line "We both know I'm hotter than you"

Nothing could be as stupid as a course around twitter.

17. Meropspusillus

It sounds sorta interesting, assuming it's well taught, I'd assume that it would examine how things have changed in literature between then and now. Twilight is hardly an example of great writing, but it's interesting cultural piece from an academic standpoint.

I think this is a good thing, at least the new quote is well placed. Twilight may be poorly written but at least Edward was meant to be a perfect lover. Anyone who has actually read Romeo and Juliet should know that Romeo was faaaar from being perfect. He's actually just really a overly-romantic stupid teenager.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be that as it may, Romeo & Juliet is still a classic, Twilight is not.

19. Emberstone

edward is not a perfect lover. he is a stalker who breaks into bella's bedroom to watch her sleep. he manipulates her constantly. he regularly tries to isolate her from her friends and family so he can have her all to himself in this creepy 'cat playing with a mouse before eating it' kind of way.

Stephenie meyer might find all these cruel things to be sexually gratifying, but that only is just one more example why she needs to keep her friggan fantasies to herself.

if she wants violently rough sexed, only to wake up covered in bruises twelve house later, then have a guy chew through her stomach wall to get to her uterues to rip out a fully formed baby three weeks later, then fine... BUT DONT FUCKEN SELL IT TO TWEEN GIRLS TO TURN A PROFIT OFF YOUR CRIMINALLY DISTURBING MENTAL ISSUES!!!

20. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

THANK YOU!

Wow, finally someone said it.

When I found out he watched Bella sleep, I was like.."Um.."

Then when he openly admitted it..and seemed like it was normal for people to break in and watch them sleep? No thank you.