1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your high school prom. did you go?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by needshelp, Mar 1, 2012.

1. DoctorJones

I'm going with my best friend, Lane, since it is her senior year. I think prom is what you make of it. I know I am going to have an amazing time, because I am going with my best friend and I'm wearing a tux, because I feel more comfortable that way. Find people you enjoy being with and just have fun.

2. yidnah87

I never went. Didn't have any relationships back then. I probably saved a lot of money too by not going.

3. Oddish

Oddish Guest

We don't have prom in Australia. Just an end of the year dance for the year 12s. I plan on going and bringing my girlfriend, or ditching and spending the night with my friends or girlfriend at the arcade/theatre.

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hell no. Too shy. Did have 2 invites.

5. Gallatin

My junior year, I went with my neighbor (just as friends) to her prom. Her school was a small private school, though, so there were only like 30 or so people there, and to be honest, it wasn't a lot of fun.

My senior year, I went to my school's prom (big public school, senior class of over 700, so a bit different than the previous year's experience!), and my date was this girl that I had had a crush on for quite a while. We had an amazing time, and it ended up being the springboard for us to start dating.

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

No. I was one ugly teenager. That and because I was really shy until my senior year.

7. FruitFly

I went to my college ball, which I guess was basically a prom.
    As I went to a farm college getting to/from the indoor arena they had kitted out for the event was a terribly muddy affair. I remember looking at the grass, looking at my heels, and realising the terrible mistake I had made listening to the advice of my mother regarding not taking a pair of wellies.

The only memorable thing about it was that rather than everyone paying for a room in the student halls, my friends and I pitched in for one room. So after a night of cheap alcohol, cheaper food, and appalling dancing we all crashed into a vaguely prisonesque room. 5 of us on the bed, the result in various locations on the floor. Truly magical eh.

8. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I went to my prom after a friend convinced me to go. It was fun and I got to talk to this guy I had a crush on at the time. It was one of those cases where you think it's going to be horrible but it turns out good. Plus having a table with friends really helped easing my anxiety of the situation. The only part that sucked was the slow dance bits, they were total mood killers to the prom.

9. Niko

Nope never went.
    My one friend would beg and plead for me to go both years; but I declined to both. She then told me how much I was going to regret not going when I was older.
    :roflmao: Haven't thought of it since and it's been 4 years.

10. Capichino

Yea and when Michael turns 18 he is moving here and I'm taking him there to dance with me and they better let me bring him

11. 4ever Hearth

This is kind of what happened to me. My uncle convinced me to go to mine and I went with my two older cousins(one was graduating with me and the other just came for the hell of it). I had alot of fun and I danced with alot of the girls in my class. I hung out with friends and the slow dances were cool because I was still dancing with the girls, up close and personal :lol: but my only regret was that I didn't have a male date. I think that would've made that night golden for me especially after it was all said and done.

Now the funny thing about this is that, a few months later I was "informed", with evidence that heavily agreed, that a couple of the guys had a "thing" for me but due to their circumstances, quite a few of them were well-known throughout the school, they most likely didn't plan on "addressing" their sexuality anytime soon. I couldn't help but laugh because apparently all of my friends and some aquaintances could see it but I didn't. :eusa_doh: #StoryOfMyLife

12. Maryam

yepp!! i went to my junior prom with a group of close friends and my senior prom is in 20 days. im going to my schools and my old schools prom!

13. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

Yep! Me and my two best friends went with our dates. I took two of my friends (female) as my dates. It was a nice night. I jokingly asked a male friend to the prom and he said he would come with me as my "date," but I didn't have the guts to go through with it. Lol.

14. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I ended up graduating high school from a technical college so there was no prom.

15. Hexagon

I went. Terrible idea it was. I'd just gone full time, and everyone knew me as a lesbian by a girl name. I bought a suit for 20€, and turned up. No one else had dates either, but it still sucked. There was another month of school left, but I never went back.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never went to prom, but I wanted to crash it.

17. birdy

I've gone with a group of friends in the past. A guy asked me, but I turned him down because I didn't want to go with someone that I didn't like. This year, my mom wants me to go with a date so that I can have some dating experience before college. Haha, she has no idea that I have a girlfriend! :slight_smile:

18. Ticklish Fish

yes, i went with friends.

too closet for that lol

19. Stripe101

You do NOT want to see me dance

20. Yup. I had 6 dates and I became prom king.