1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you rescue your pet(s)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jan 13, 2009.

?

Would you rescue your pet(s)?

1. Yes

97.1%
  2. No

2.9%
  1. jbb1236

Hell yeah, I would. I couldn't just stand there and watch the house burn and hear my pets crying in pain, it would tear me apart.

2. rocking23

With out a second thought!!

3. Urman

Urman Guest

I would stay in the house until i got my dog out

4. Janvier

I'd cross 5 motorways, swim thru a sea of sharks and pirhanas, climb 3 mountains barefoot and jump off a cliff into a burning house to save my dog.

And yes, I'd do it again.

5. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

Absolutely.

Altho I don't have a dog anymore (Lucky died in June), I know for sure I would go in for her. She was my best friend and losing her to old age was hard enough (I still cry about that), I couldn't imagine dealing with such a tragic death. And honestly, I'm 20 years old right now and I've still got the mentality that I am invincible, so of course I would.

#25 ColbieMarie, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  6. otc877

otc877 Guest

How could I not?

[​IMG]

7. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Even if it's just a cockatiel that annoys the hell out of me most of the time, i think i would grab him on the way out without thinking, or ya i would go back inside. Although i think he might have a heart attack and die anyway.

8. pirateninja

I couldn't leave them and just save myself. If there was a chance I could save them, I would definitely go back for Lisa and Hansworth. However I wouldn't go back if there was no chance. I would risk my life for them, but not throw it away.

9. Tim

Tim

I would grab my 2 stuffed animals I've had pretty much my entire life, and my yearbook in one hand, and celest in the other. No doubt my sister would be grabbing Spitfire and Funster. They don't like to be handled by anyone but her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. BeautifulStranger

Yeah
    And if I couldn't save them, I'd make sure to leave as many exits open so they could find an exit themselves.

11. Ben

Ben

If I had enough time to, I would at least try to. I would feel a bit guilty for not trying. :slight_smile:

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would probably kill myself if I left my little Felix and Sabrina to die. :frowning2:

13. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    this is a very hard quesion to anser

you love your pet so you say yes ..
    no imagine you sdtanind infornt of your house and its ablaze! would you go in

you will never know untill you get into a situation like this

14. xequar

Of course I would. What kind of heartless bastard would let their pet burn?

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Without a doubt, yes.

16. myra

well damn...i feel like a bitch now. i'm like...only the person who wouldn't save them. Animals have an innate survival instinct. As long as i left a door open, they would get out on their own. Unless of course, they were a gerbil or a rat or a salamander. I don't think I'd save them though. As selfish as it sounds, i'm more concerned with my own life and my brothers' lives. Pets just aren't my priority. They'll get out as long as there's a door open.

17. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    dont feel like that . i bet you no one here would run into a burning house .. dogs are smart they can get out by themselves thats why there are used with fire men.. all these people who say that they will have yet to rescue their pet from a burning house

18. 1974

yep would definitely rescue my rabbit hes cute.

19. Markio

I would rather die in the wreckage than live having left my dog behind.

20. myra

Very true. My dad's a volunteer firefighter so i've just got this thing about going back into a burning building. He told me a story once where this person had an anaconda as a pet (or some huge snake) and he came face to face with it as it was on its way out the window. lol. and it was in a huge glass container with a lid. it got out just fine. The first thing he taught me was that once you're out, stay out. Anything you own is not as important as your life. if you can get something in one second on your way out, do it. But never go back in a burning buiding.

I just don't think i'd risk my life for any animal ya know? Fire's are dangerous things. There are overhead flashes where a room will just be engulfed in flames in half a second because of heat. I just think self preservation is a greater instinct than people know. I mean...what about the mothers who are outside of apartments screaming "my baby's in there." They left their CHILD in there to get themselves out. Now...i'm sure they tried everything they could to get the kid, but when it got to dangerous, they hauled ass outta there and hoped the firefighters could get it.

Now...if a mother can leave her child in there...would you people really go in after a dog or a cat? seriously...risking your life for it? when its perfectly capable of getting out on its own? ok...

#40 myra, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009