1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you chose to be born as the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by tone, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Raatox

Yes!!! Given that I was basically the same person, I don't think I would have made really different choices. But i Would have been the man I've always thought I am, without always been reminded that I'm actually not a guy. I think I would have had a lot more peace in my soul, though I guess I still would have had problems, but the genderidentity-struggle i really could have lived without.

Or, well, i wouldn't mind beeing born cis-female either, but then I guess I wouldn't be me anymore...

2. tulipinacup

I feel like I am only choosing it out of curiosity. I would see it in my own perspective as to how a woman is but it's not something that I wish to be like forever.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Well I'm cis mostly, but I feel like I have bouts of confusion because I want to know what It's like to have male parts and sometimes feel sad that I don't. I'd love to live one day in a male body just to see if my feelings on it change (If I miss female parts or if I'm completely happy) so I would know if It's just curiosity or not.

As for actual trans people not wanting to be born the opposite sex....I think it depends on the person, so It's not less trans of you to think that.

4. JC3

JC3

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    No. I think being born into a female body gave me years of experience that I would never give up. Experiences that have showed me how to be the gentle-man I am today. There are things that I have seen, heard,...that without my cloak of the female body....I might not have seen.

#44 JC3, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm a gay Guy but I don't think I would change my gender or anything for that matter I am very happy with myself as should everyone be :slight_smile:

6. I'm born female, but I have often wondered what it would be like to be a guy. Life would be cool if I could push a button and be a man for a day - with a penis and then the next day go back to being female again.

Otherwise though, I like being female. I'm fascinated with my own body (hope that doesn't sound creepy).

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. BelleFromHell

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No I like being a girl .
    when I was little I was curious what it would be like to have a penis but I didn't want to change my sex though

#49 stocking, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  10. Niko

Definitely. I feel like I had a false childhood growing up, and if I had been born a cis-male child then I would've had the same experiences as all of the other boys. Since that's not the case I can't truly relate to cismales and that's what bothers me.

11. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think about it and sometimes i do wish i was a girl ONLY WHEN IM SO DEPRESSED
    other than that im happy being a man i love it ^^

12. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Although I'm guessing you where looking for answers from trans, it kind of applies to me. I'm biologically male, and while I don't want to transition to female, I wish I was born female so I would have a vagina and more feminine face, also no gross body hair. I'd probably have to get surgical breast reduction though, breasts aren't something I want.

13. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like being a male, so I don't undestand how being a female could be.
    I would prefer being a male again.

14. Emulator

If I really think it through, no. This way I have varied experiences and also, I have come to enjoy working around the gender binary. In fact, I like being trans.

15. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I believe in reincarnation so, hopefully, in the next lifetime I would end up being born as an cisgender male.

As much pain as this has caused me, by learning to accept it, I feel as though it will help to make me a much better and stronger person.

16. SaikuKitsune

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a definite yes in my case... the abuse, the trials, and a lot of the labelling would be gone.

Yes, I would not learn what I've learned and... probably wouldn't be as much of a scientist or a diplomat...

Though... hardships are what make us who we are, and shape us...

17. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be perfect.
    I'd sacrifice goddamn planets if I could start over with the body I should have gotten years ago...

18. Akane

Makes sense. I would AMAZING if we could all experience life as the opposite sex as well. Like choose a day and go as long as you want. You can keep your memories from the past and make interesting new ones!

19. Minnie

I kinda feel the same.

20. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Heck No, I love being a girl.